Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 4 Pack for $150 @ Steam

FYI

its currently 37 shipped w/free 30 day trial of Amazon prime.

Take note that they are showing the boxart for the STANDARD version, but in the description it referenced the Limited Edition...

I mean it's not a huge deal, considering the LE just gives you unlocks early (as opposed to having to work for them with the Standard version).

not even 8 hours after I freaking buy it from amazon for 40 bucks. Guess steam didn't want my money.

Yep, was about to post that the 4-pack is back. Not a bad deal at all through steam, if you can find the people.

The Steam announcement page for the 4-pack states it's only available through April 2nd though, so looks like another stupid time-limited deal. :(
Better get on it if you intend on getting it on Steam for a discount.

I got a version for $18 off e-bay. Works perfectly via EA Download Manager. I was skeptical about the low price, but could not see anything to lead me to believe that this was not authentic (other than a low price). Seller is cuichuming.

Has anyone had experience where they purchased just a key and it turned out to not be authentic (i.e. after downloading, installing, authenticating and playing the game)?

I got a version for $18 off e-bay. Works perfectly via EA Download Manager. I was skeptical about the low price, but could not see anything to lead me to believe that this was not authentic (other than a low price). Seller is cuichuming.

Has anyone had experience where they purchased just a key and it turned out to not be authentic (i.e. after downloading, installing, authenticating and playing the game)?

Yep. I buy gray market keys occasionally. They usually work fine.

I've heard that it works fine, it's just that I've also heard that EA downloader keys only allow you to have download rights to your games for one year. Of course, I've also heard that rule is only for the sports games.

I've heard that it works fine, it's just that I've also heard that EA downloader keys only allow you to have download rights to your games for one year. Of course, I've also heard that rule is only for the sports games.

Pretty sure I've had Burnout Paradise for over a year and I can still redownload it. Not that it matters as I back everything up on an external drive.

Alright. I'm in. I will buy. PM me if you're ready to paypal me $37.50. I'll pull the trigger as soon as I get 3 more.

My heatware is jebo_4jc btw.

Something like 70-0-0

Thanks for the heads up my man, bought one yesterday for $18 & the chinaman emailed the key pronto. I'm DL the limited edition using the EADM. :D

Rock on bitcholas;)

I'm still looking for 2 more to get in on a group buy

This is a great game. I paid the full price on Steam and am a happy camper. Once I got PB working that is. What I do hate, is friendly fire. Your own team members will shoot you for snagging the UAV. The jealous bastards.:D

Guys, just a reminder, you're not allowed to sell or trade outside of the FS/FT forum. So if you want to get into a buy group, just start a thread or look for an existing one in the FS/FT area. Group buys are typically not allowed, but we have made an exception for any Steam pack. Heck I started one for this game this morning myself. :)

I haven't gotten to play it yet, but I can't wait. Time to put that eyefinity to work. :cool:

Thanks. With BCB it is ~$16.56. At that price, it is worth taking the chance, IMO. :)

I would be skeptical of those eBay deals. Sometimes they're perfectly legit international versions, other times they're purchased with stolen cards and are deactivated after a week or so. It can be hard to tell the difference.

I also did this, got the key about 30 mins after I paid. Added it to my ea download manager account and it's working great ^^

bought a key from cuichuming and is working good so far, i think i'll pass the 4 pack this time :p

Used him as well, and one of the two keys was invalid. Asked him for a new one, and he sent it right away. Bought another one too.

man i really want steam tho but i guess this will have to do.

True. EA Download Manager is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially when you also have Steam and Microsoft Games for Windows. Too many clients. Although, couldn't really pass it up for that price.

Only thing that I would note about keys via e-bay is that I got MW2 a while back. Turns out that it was in Russian and needed quite the work around to get it working in English. Buyer beware i guess.

In addition, you don't need to use EA Downloader with his keys - if you can find the BC2 .iso, you can mount and install using the key without needing to use the EAD crapware.

Was less than an hour for me.

I went through Cuichuming and it took18 minutes here, if my gmail logs are correct.

In addition, you don't need to use EA Downloader with his keys - if you can find the BC2 .iso, you can mount and install using the key without needing to use the EAD crapware.

Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that. :)

Means that I really won't have to worry about not being able to install my games on EAD after a year.

I must be unlucky. I've been waiting for well over 2 hours now.

Edit -- Still no response from seller -_-;

Double Edit -- Still nothing :(

Last edited:
I must be unlucky. I've been waiting for well over 2 hours now.

Edit -- Still no response from seller -_-;

Double Edit -- Still nothing :(

Give him a day. He's probably sleeping, assuming he doesn't have a system to automatically send out the keys.

Back