Battlefield Heros?

That's a truly original, inspired art direction they've got there! I can't believe no other developer has thought to make a team-based FPS with a sense of humor and over-the-top cartoonish visual style!

That's a truly original, inspired art direction they've got there! I can't believe no other developer has thought to make a team-based FPS with a sense of humor and over-the-top cartoonish visual style!

If anything could ever ooze sarcasm, it's that sentance ;)

What? I was being serious. It looks like the talented, original developers over at DICE and EA already have their share of copycats - look at the magazine cover in the link in the first post. People are already trying to cash in on DICE and EA's vision! Whenever this "Team Fortress 2" game comes out, I hope people boycott it and support only DICE and EA. While I like the innovative new visual design of Battlefield Heroes, I'm kind of sad to see DICE and EA diverge from the path that they had set forth with Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. I mean, the only thing I don't really like about those games is the names - if you think about it, Battlefield 2 shouldn't be a modern warfare game, it should take place in, like, the Stone Age. I remember when Battlefield 2142 came out I read some threads where people basically complained that Battlefield 2142 was the same thing as Battlefield 2 and was just a cash-in by EA, but when have we ever known a company as reputable as EA to exploit franchises for money? And besides, Battlefield 2142 takes place 200 years in the FUTURE! It's got, like, Gundams and stuff. Battlefield 2 didn't have Gundams, or Armored Cores, or Metal Gears or anything like that.

Personally, I'm just sad that Battlefield Heroes won't cost anything, so I won't be able to assist EA financially. I only hope that there will be many, many advertisements in the game that I can view, both actively and passively, to let EA and DICE know that I support their vision.

I know, they copied Worms, what a ripoff. ;)

What? I was being serious. It looks like the talented, original developers over at DICE and EA already have their share of copycats - look at the magazine cover in the link in the first post. People are already trying to cash in on DICE and EA's vision! Whenever this "Team Fortress 2" game comes out, I hope people boycott it and support only DICE and EA. While I like the innovative new visual design of Battlefield Heroes, I'm kind of sad to see DICE and EA diverge from the path that they had set forth with Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. I mean, the only thing I don't really like about those games is the names - if you think about it, Battlefield 2 shouldn't be a modern warfare game, it should take place in, like, the Stone Age. I remember when Battlefield 2142 came out I read some threads where people basically complained that Battlefield 2142 was the same thing as Battlefield 2 and was just a cash-in by EA, but when have we ever known a company as reputable as EA to exploit franchises for money? And besides, Battlefield 2142 takes place 200 years in the FUTURE! It's got, like, Gundams and stuff. Battlefield 2 didn't have Gundams, or Armored Cores, or Metal Gears or anything like that.

Personally, I'm just sad that Battlefield Heroes won't cost anything, so I won't be able to assist EA financially. I only hope that there will be many, many advertisements in the game that I can view, both actively and passively, to let EA and DICE know that I support their vision.

LOL, thanks

Thought you were being serious for about 3 lines there, well played sir.

Free. Hmmm - I can picture the in-game ads now. The characters are going to be wearing Nike shoes, have tanks with Quaker State stickers, and duke it out near Best Buy with PCGamer mags strewn about.

And I'd just like to point out something to all the people who took the ads in BF2142 so lightly, and made comments like, as long as they remain subtle that they're ok and acceptable yadda yadda

This is our progression, 1 game later and they've based their entire business model off ad revenue and no doubt the game will simply be riddled with ads. With this rate of intergration, next will be time outs during matches where we all pause in our tracks to get a nice advert streamed down to us about who is sponsoring the game.

Sounds crazy but thats what happens with adverts on TV and with Radio, it's only a matter of time before it's in games, and I can't help but think if people had been less tolerant and just boycotted adverts in BF2142 and the sales had tanked we'd have put off developers from going the ad route.

Back