Bay Res Q

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I am getting a new pump due to my swiftech 300 having a leak. I knew it had a leak and sure enough when I removed my DVD drive out from under it there was a small amount of visible water on it.

Along with a new pump I am going to get a bay res to replace the closed system deal from swiftech. My question is when using a bay res does all the WC equipment have to be below the reservoir?

My radiator is on top of my case which would be higher than the bay res, would this be an issue?

I have never used a bay res so this could be kind of a stupid question, but I just want to make sure it will work with my setup.

Heres a pic of my current setup:
cleanpc.JPG

I would think that as long as your going res -> pump -> rad -> cpu -> gpu -> res then you would be fine...this is the order that I use. I have a very similar setup that I just finished, also using a bay res. My heater core is on top, externally. I have had no problems with bleeding, etc.

BTW, what temps are you getting with that setup and overclock? Please give ambient, idle, load, and your vcore.

DarkenReaper57 said:
I would think that as long as your going res -> pump -> rad -> cpu -> gpu -> res then you would be fine...this is the order that I use. I have a very similar setup that I just finished, also using a bay res. My heater core is on top, externally. I have had no problems with bleeding, etc.

BTW, what temps are you getting with that setup and overclock? Please give ambient, idle, load, and your vcore.

Ambient: 20 C

Idle: 23 C

Load: 28 C

2.37ghz @ 1.85 vCore

Thanks for the reply. I decided I will first attempt to fix my minor pump leak with some silicon, I think I know where it's coming from so... We'll see...

Back