BB- Westinghouse - 25.5" Widescreen LCD HD Monitor $400

Westinghouse quality is crap on their monitors. Basically, people who've never had a monitor before or who love the fact that they're 1080p love them, but they're pretty much junk. Color is very inconsistent. Poor gamut, often they have backlight bleed, and they run hot. I had a 24" that I sold. It ran hotter than my 30" dell. It looked worse than my 20" ultrasharp as well. These bottom of the barrel monitors aren't really worth it unless you really don't care about display quality. The Soyo monitors were good before they switched to TN panels (assuming they didn't die on you), but now those are junk as well since the switch.

Westinghouse quality is crap on their monitors. Basically, people who've never had a monitor before or who love the fact that they're 1080p love them, but they're pretty much junk. Color is very inconsistent. Poor gamut, often they have backlight bleed, and they run hot. I had a 24" that I sold. It ran hotter than my 30" dell. It looked worse than my 20" ultrasharp as well. These bottom of the barrel monitors aren't really worth it unless you really don't care about display quality. The Soyo monitors were good before they switched to TN panels (assuming they didn't die on you), but now those are junk as well since the switch.

The term you're ignoring here is "diminishing returns." Perhaps for many people the (fairly obvious) increase in quality of a more expensive monitor is not worth the additional cost. Or more specifically, the marginal gains do not justify the marginal cost. Not everyone needs a perfect monitor, and often the cheaper substitute represents the better value for the vast majority. Have a good day.

one important thing to note about this monitor is that it will NOT display 1920x1200 over the HDMI port. there is no DVI port. your only option for 1920x1200 is d-sub.

I have a Westinghouse L2410NM 24", and it displays 1920x1200 over HDMI...don't know why the 25.5" wouldn't. My L2410NM is a great monitor.

I will verify that the 25.5" Model does not push 1920x1200 over HDMI. It took me a while of playing to find out. But even running under the D-Sub, I'm quite happy with the monitor. For the price that they are charging for it IMO its a great deal.

Back