bbz_Ghost, need ur help about True Image

jinino

n00b
Hi,

I did a little search in the forum and saw your posting about True Image a while ago. Looks like you are an expert for this software.

I bump into a question

My computer setup

Asrock 939Dual
Opteron 165
512Mb x 2 = 1Gb DDR400
Raid 0: Hitachi 80Gb SATA2 x 2 = 160Gb as the boot drive. Win XP installed. This is the C drive recognized in my computer
Maxtor 80Gb ATA133, recognized as D drive
WD 160GB ATA100 recognized as E drive
NEC DVD writer 3550 recognized as F drive

For C drive, Raid 0 setup, I only setup Win XP OS. Nothing else. I installed all applications in F. E serves as storage disk for other purpose.

I create an image for C a while ago, in hope to recover later days in case C drive get virus or problems. There are 3 .tib files created by True Image. I store them in F drive and also burn them on DVD. Each file is about 4.5Gb, except the last one is about 2Gb. I also create the True Image boot disk.

Yesterday for some reason I cannot boot up XP properly. So I start to recover my C using True Image.

I insert the boot disk to the DVD writer, boot it up. Follow the steps as the one you showed in this thread

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1166202&highlight=true+image

But when True Image goes to the 6th screen you have shown, I do not know what to do.

Why?

Because True Image cannot recognize the onboard raid on Asrock 939 dual.

I have 2 80Gb setup as Raid 0, total 160 Gb. True Image recognizes it as 2 seperate 80Gb SCSI disk.

So there are 4 disks for me to choose to restore the image file.

What should I do? :confused:

Another question is in your screen shot post, the 5th one, do I need to tick "MBR and Track 0"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anyone who is an expert of True Image 9.1 pls help!

Back