Bc2 + 480gtx on dx11 slow load yes or no?

f3nix

n00b
Several people have asked this question with no answer. Can any of you 480gtx owners please answer this question? Thanks in advance.

Just installed 480gtx, yes it does the slow load for me at least.

yeah pretty sure Kyle hinted that this was a DX11 issue not an ATi one seems to be true.

+1. <Sigh> it's been said many many times. It was never an ATI issue. DX10 and DX11 take longer to load textures than DX9, thats why the map load times are longer. :rolleyes:

I really hope no one dropped $500 in the hopes of this changing.

Ah well, I will also let you know about this when I get my 480gtx sometime this week :)

+1. <Sigh> it's been said many many times. It was never an ATI issue. DX10 and DX11 take longer to load textures than DX9, thats why the map load times are longer. :rolleyes:

No, the slow load has to do with the game not caching the shaders when in DX10 or DX11, and therefore it has to recompile them each time it loads the map.

this is not an api problem, it's either a game or driver problem.

No, the slow load has to do with the game not caching the shaders when in DX10 or DX11, and therefore it has to recompile them each time it loads the map.

bc2 doesn't cache any shaders at all, basically no games do. it's up to the video driver to do the compilation.

The thing is I don't have a slow load problem using dx 10. I am usually the first one after every map change.

This problem drives me insane. Probably 3/4 of games some moron grabs the UAV before I even spawn and gets it shot down within 30 seconds. Whereas it's not out of the ordinary for me to go like 20-0 with the UAV while keeping half the other team spotted the entire match.

If it's not an ATi problem then why does my nVidia card load up much faster than an ATI card with DX10? I'm still waiting for folks with a 4xx series to confirm whether it's the same in DX11.

So can we now agree that it was an ATI issue? :p

Well the second post in this thread said the GTX 480 does the same thing, but that'll probably get fix in their next beta or release. I still don't get why people get worked up over this though haha.

Well the second post in this thread said the GTX 480 does the same thing, but that'll probably get fix in their next beta or release. I still don't get why people get worked up over this though haha.

Because it's annoying that by the time you load in, other people already in the game have already taken all the vehicles and sometimes the first two objectives in rush mode have already been taken.

I just installed my GTX 480, and I can confirm that I get slow load times in BFBC2 in DX11. However, if I force DX10 the game loads quickly.

Bad Company 2 loads WAAYYY faster then it did for my 5970. No lag when choosing weapons or loading into a map.

No lag when choosing weapons or loading into a map.

New ATi 8.74 beta drivers fixed the lag in the map menu as well as the loading so its up to 100 fps or so when the map menu is up as opposed to the lag people experienced before. So that's fixed fortunately :)

ATI also had the problem in DirectX 10. One theory was this was because they support DirectX 10.1. The GT 240 supports DX 10.1. I wonder if it also has the problem with the slow load times in DX10.
At any rate ATI has fixed the problem with their 10.4 preview driver and I'm sure Nvidia will fix the DX11 problem with their next driver release.
On the 10.3 driver my first map load time dropped from 45 seconds to 20 seconds, by switching to DX9 on my 4870.
I guess I should try the 10.4 preview driver now, to get rid of the flaky grass textures, in the third person tank view in DX9.

oK I can also confirm slow load time at least 6x slower in dx11 using x 120 ocz ssd in raid 0 and the new 480gtx I just got today,but let me tell ya Battlefied BC2 looks beautiful in dx 11 and 32xaa. My eyes had to adjust a bit to the way the game looked. Ah well I did not want slow load times but this new card rocks.

The 10.4 preview driver didn't work on my 4870.
Back to DX9 for me. I wonder if I should have installed Hydravision? I haven't bothered in the past because I only have 1 monitor.

the 10.4 for ati only works for the 5xxx series cards, the 4xxx series should be fixed soon though.

I have a 40 second (according to afterburner) load time on my 480. I've seen first hand a less than 10 second load on a 5870 running the latest drivers.

Sad panda. (DX11, forceware 197.41)

I have a Zotac GTX 480 :

D10 load time in BC2 = 10sec (same as my previous EVGA GTX 285)
D11 load time in BC2 = 45sec

So i just run D10 :) and it also give me a better FPS.

Last edited:
I have a Zotac GTX 480 :

D10 load time in BC2 = 10sec (same as my previous EVGA GTX 285)
D11 laod time in BC2 = 45sec

So i just run D10 :) and it also give me a better FPS.

How did you mange to run in dx10? I added the dx 10 line in the setting area and started the game and had the same awful awful awful load times ,compared to my 280gtx.What excatly did you do if you don't mind sharing? thanks btw

How did you mange to run in dx10? I added the dx 10 line in the setting area and started the game and had the same awful awful awful load times ,compared to my 280gtx.What excatly did you do if you don't mind sharing? thanks btw

Same with me. Craptastic loads e/c with DX9. I can live with that though... for the next few days. Cmon nvidia figure this shit out!

Documents > BFBC2 > setting.ini > DxVersion=10
exit + save. Worked for me.

Back