BD Undervolting

Has anyone who bought one started to play with them at all. I'm curious if its possible to undervolt them very much. Thanks!

Undervolt them so that the performance can barely hold up to a 486 SX-25! What a great idea! :)

Unfortunately I haven't seen a single post from an end user's experience with one. I guess everyone is waiting on the price to go down or something.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a single post from an end user's experience with one. I guess everyone is waiting on the price to go down or something.

I've seen a couple posters in this forum say they've ordered 8120's from Newegg, so I'm sure we'll see some end-user impressions soon...

i have not bothered to try under-volting mine. I have over volted it and overclocked it.

I am sitting at 5.1ghz currently. I must have a good cpu, seeing as most of the other review sites are only going to 4.8-4.6ghz. Then again i am using a different motherboard as well.

I see nothing wrong with these new processors.

I got it about one week ago, to post a review on. Review is not published yet, because i wanted to do more of full blown review.

I will see what i can do about undervolting it when i get a chance to see what is the least amount of voltage i can use at stock clocks.

Has anyone who bought one started to play with them at all. I'm curious if its possible to undervolt them very much. Thanks!

llano users were able to undervolt their chips while overclocking them. Bulldozer might be the same deal.

here is hoping

i have not bothered to try under-volting mine. I have over volted it and overclocked it.

I am sitting at 5.1ghz currently. I must have a good cpu, seeing as most of the other review sites are only going to 4.8-4.6ghz. Then again i am using a different motherboard as well.

I see nothing wrong with these new processors.

I got it about one week ago, to post a review on. Review is not published yet, because i wanted to do more of full blown review.

I will see what i can do about undervolting it when i get a chance to see what is the least amount of voltage i can use at stock clocks.

What heatsink/cooling are you using?

i am using the Fx liquid cooling solution. Temps are in the mid 50's C at full load.

llano users were able to undervolt their chips while overclocking them. Bulldozer might be the same deal.

here is hoping

nope this is certainly not the deal. Under volt stock clocks sure, but to overclock voltage must be raised to get stable.

Back