Bearlake launch May 9th

berzerker

Gawd
Bearlake launch set for May 9th

INTEL HAS brought forward the launch of its Bearlake chipset and, from May 27th to May 9th, one week from now.

We talked over with several motherboard manufacturers and they are all ready for Bearlake launch, while memory manufactures are getting ready to crank up the production into real volume.

jesus christ i haven't even gotten my dfi p965-s up and running yet

Damn, now I know why we got those insane premium DDR2 deals last couple weeks...

Damn, now I'm tempted to return my DFI and wait a week.

Nope not gonna do it. :p This cheap medium upgrade has gone from $450 up to $800 already and that doesn't include a new 22" ws lcd. Even though I'm switching from S939 amd, I can't wait any longer. Plus the price of dd3 is going to be staggering.

yeps....

I'm going to skip this one as well. No way I can afford DDR3, and I need to build by end of May.

Not only that, C2D @ 1333mhz won't be out until late Q3 as well.

Im going to get this in August. No point getting the DDR3 though. With all these awesome ram deals going on lately it will make more sense to just buy top-of-the-line DDR2 and OC it to 1000+. Should be more than good enough.

Im going to get this in August. No point getting the DDR3 though. With all these awesome ram deals going on lately it will make more sense to just buy top-of-the-line DDR2 and OC it to 1000+. Should be more than good enough.

If the boards support the DDr2

Most Bearlake boards that ship should support DDR2. DDR3 will be a very small market for a rather long time.

Would there be boards that support 4 slots of DDR 3 and the same withDDR 2 or
would there be a mix?

I'm thinking that I'll wait on this one the more I think about it. The P35 isn't going to be better right off the bat than the P965 I'm betting, and I can't afford to upgrade my CPU and RAM again. Maybe next year when I can get a 1333mhz CPU.

Lol. I just ordered my parts today and in less than a week I'll be outdated. Gotta love this hobby.

I wish nvidia would stop being monopolistic pricks and allow sli to run on any chipset, that way I wouldnt have to even consider buying their buggy m/boards.

*sigh*

P35 or 680i.....thats the question :confused:

Well that just groovy! I couldn't get a DFI P965-S because its always out of stock SO if a decent OCing P35 borad comes out @ $150ish price with raid 5, I'm all over it.

I'm not a Gigabyte fan, I usually buy Asus or MSI Boards because I had an excellent
run with them:)

Bare with me here, but what's the difference or what's so good about this compared to the 965/975? I don't really know much about Bearlake..

If that GB board is any indication of the pricing of the new P35 boards, no way I can afford that. I think I'll stick with my DFI P965.

Bare with me here, but what's the difference or what's so good about this compared to the 965/975? I don't really know much about Bearlake..

Yeah I was about to ask the same - I haven't been keeping up with Intel chipsets at all. So far there doesn't seem to be any performance advantage - good 965 boards can easily reach those FSB speeds. The biggest advantage seems to be an upgrade path to Penryn.

Somebody please chip in if I've missed anything - I'm considering a P35/E6420/DDR2 build in a couple weeks. DDR2 prices are ridiculous - can't believe 2GB of Corsair XMS is $100 :eek: Is it worth waiting for a Bearlake chipset or will one of the more mature (and cheaper supposedly) P965 options be a better bet?

Back