Beastie Boys- Licensed to Ill CD/mp3 $3.99

thekipper

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I remember buying this great album on my 8th grade school trip to Washington D.C. over 15 years ago.

My first concert ever was Liscence to I'll tour in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom in 1987 ( I was 13 ) What a awesome concert with a dancing girl in a cage :)

OP, I thank you. Not only did you bring this album to the attention of others, but it prompted me to listen to it for the rest of the night.

She IS crafty...

I remember turning 9 and watching fight for your right to party on MTV.... god I am so old now.

Great find OP. Does anyone seriously not have this album already? One of the best of all time. If you don't have it get it immediately.

Glad you got a kick out of the deal and hopefully some of the younger crowd tried this. I honestly can't think of any album that makes me as happy as this one.

I'm 40 and this album makes me feel 16. Pure adrenaline and good times to had when listening to this.

Enjoyed reading your comments, some good stuff...cassette tape, 8th grade trip, girls dancing in cages, lol. Great stuff:)

Damn I was 3 when this came out and it's still one of my favorites of all time.

This came out end of 6th grade / beginning of 7th grade in my case. Lots of memories! Well worth $4 to have the actual CD and the (admittedly low-ish quality) Amazon Autorip. Once the CD arrives I'll rip it to something better. Thanks, OP! :)

I regret not seeing them more than any other band that comes to mind.

For the "old folks" that want to try newer stuff, listen to P.O.S. and Atmosphere (my mom likes Atmosphere, I'm 31).

This. Intergalactic Planetary <3

It's good, but lacking the oomph that Licensed to Ill has. LTI is brash, fun and consistent with the guitar really bringing it home. Hello Nasty has some great songs but also has too many (>20) with some of those below average. LTI has 13 songs, no filler...it's concentrated and focused the entire album. My top 3 BB:

1. LTI
2. Paul's Boutique
3. Hello Nasty

My fav song overall is Hey Ladies...fantastic sampling. We'll never see another album like Paul's Boutique because there is no way an artist could afford rights to all those samples.

Is now $4.99, for CD. However the MP3 version is $3.99 which I don't think it was at the beginning of the week.

I must be about the only person here that doesn't like the beastie boys.. I am a child of the 90's even, but just always thought that the bb sucked and to this day I still change the radio when they come on.

I must be about the only person here that doesn't like the beastie boys.. I am a child of the 90's even, but just always thought that the bb sucked and to this day I still change the radio when they come on.

You're not the only one

You're not the only one

I only really like LTI, PB and Hello Nasty but those are solid albums. After that, meh.

There was other rap along the same time just as good such as LL, Public Enemy, Run DMC and De la Soul. Licensed to Ill was iconic with the guitar sound and PB was the same due to the inordinate amount of samples. I just really like the 80's rap because that's when I grew up and I have experiences,memories that the music is associated with...makes me feel good:)

My fav era of rap is probably the Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bambatta era when hip hop was really cranking up.

Back