BEAWARE of eVGA!!

You know what, you were a fool for the way you've dealt with this, and to boot you decided to trudge on over to nvnews and post the same drivel, hoping to get another henhouse going...

...bleh...

Well since you mirrored crap over there, lemme bring my reply over here...

ragejg @ nvnews said:
Give it a rest, johnkim, that's a ridiculous thing to complain about. Oh, and did they really tell you to quit "bothering" them... I don't know, maybe you were actually bothering them for all we know. Plus you screwed yourself on the oh so expensive shipping. Sorry, but something like a vidcard, I never pay more than like $7 at my local post office.

So basically you could have saved money with different shipping, scratched together a couple more bucks with some pocket changes, and voila, you could instead have an "I have a GT on the way" thread up instead of this crap.

...but NOOOO... :rolleyes:

well don't i have the right to complain?? eVGA RMA number only valid for 14 days, and i live in Canada, i must use expensive and fast shipping menthod otherwise the RMA number will expire. I know you probably will say :"haha fool, it's your own fault that you live in Canada, sucker!" but that's not the point here.

Even i just paid $7 to ship the crappy back, it's still not fair to me. I paid to get a working product, and it turned out to be a broken one, should i be responsible for the replacement cost? I have to go to repackage it, drive to the postal office, and PAY to ship it, it's a whole lotta hussle!

Give me a break, i paid few hundred bucks for a good working card, not a crap.

nickia said:
Is running out of 6800 LE a good EXCUSE for refusing a RMA?
I was refused when i tried to RMA my eVGA 6800 LE card, the response i got is like"we ran out of card, either give us $25 for a GT or [}:)]get out of here don't bother us we don't have anymore cards"

Is this good for building your "eVGA" reputation?

First is charge people for send your "DEFECTIVE PRODUCT" back for an Replacement, and charge people sending the card back forth.
Ok i give up on the shipping fee, because it's my own FAULT that i purchased a so call famous "eVGA" card. I should know better than that as they produce BAD products and have BAD customer service.
I shipped my card to eVGA with Xpresspost which costed my $30, again i will blame myself for making a bad "Brand Selection", i should go with BFG Techonology instead as they have better customer care and warranty.

Latter on eVGA sent me a letter says they have no more LE cards, you either give us $25 for a GT or don't bother us. Come on, eVGA produced bad card, RMA the card based on CUSTOMER'S EXPENSE, Ran out of RMA card, Wohhooo! No more Warranty!!!

my lovely eVGA 6800 LE just ran out of warranty eventhough i purchased it two weeks ago, wohooooo.

NICE JOB "eVGA"! maybe you should change your brand name to "eVIL"[:(!]
OMFG, get the GT for $25 more. You don't even know how good of a deal that is.

Killdozer said:
OMFG, get the GT for $25 more. You don't even know how good of a deal that is.

please read the post carefully, if it's hot will i still bitching here?

eVGA's Policy states that it will pay for UPS Gorund return shipping.

Here is the Official Policies on Defective Product Returns
eVGA.com stands behind all of its products and offers the following remedies for defective products.

Refund on Defective Products (within first 30 days only)
Within the first 30 days of your receipt of the product, we will fully refund you for any defective item for any reason (shipping fees included).

eVGA.com will pay for UPS Ground return shipping, any other shipping type used will be the responsibility of the customer.

All defective items are tested upon receipt. If a product is returned as defective tests otherwise, the customer will be held responsible for the shipping fees and a 15% restocking fee – just as if the item were an Opened Return.

You must have an RMA number to return your product. RMA numbers are good for only 14 days after they are issued.

You will be credited with your refund within 5 business days of us receiving your returned product if the card is less than 30 days old.

eVGA.com does not do cross-shipping.

Replacement (available for 1 year after purchase)
eVGA.com will replace a defective product with an identical model (or newer substitute, at our discretion).

eVGA.com will pay for UPS Ground return shipping, any other shipping type used will be the responsibility of the customer. Shipping of defective products will be the responsibility of the customer.

You must have an RMA number to return your product. RMA numbers are good for only 14 days after they are issued.

eVGA.com does not do cross-shipping.

eVGA Terms Link

ApaThy_NeXT2 said:
Fucking idiot?
No fuck you pal
The Evga 6800 limited Edition (LE) is a better card than the GT.
Why does he have to pay to get his card replaced? The warranty says he doesn't have to pay.
Try calling again and try to speak with a manager.
Ugh. The GT will own LE any day. Ever wonder if those extra pipelines do anything? :p

And I'll stick with my opinion, you're also an idiot for choosing LE over GT. I'd do the reverse in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry but eVGA is obviously lying! You will be charge for the shipping when you go through the RMA PROCESS, see the picture BELOW:

evga2.jpg

evga.jpg

YOu have to fill out your CC info and get charge before you can get a RMA NUMBER!

It seems like evga cant handle a $25 hit, and nor can you.

I think evga should suck it up and pay the $25. I like that they tried to make a reasonable deal about this, but dont get bent out of shape either - its just $25 anyway.

Im the the thing was like this:
CSR: let me talk to my manager
Manager: Um, give em a GT for $25.

At which point you should have said dont feel you should pay $25 for a working video card.

Heres another thought, dont buy video cards that cost $300-400. MORONS.

he is not the only me and others all got bad cards from zipzoomfly.com clocked at 324core 702mem when i updated to eVGA correct speed at 325core 1100mem i got artifacts. i recieved an RMA number on nov. 3rd shipped on nov. 4th. they got my video card on the 10th. RMA status in process. called on mon. to see what was taking so long they told me they ran out of cards.

description of my 6800 limited edition:
-came in 6800 ultra box with stickers over the ultra in some areas
-upon opening it came with all documentation that comes with an ultra card.
-the card has 2 power molex connectors just like ultra
-6800 ultra superior cooler
-two dvi ports
-16 pipes and 6 vertex shaders found in everest

why was it packed like this if its not a 6800 ultra? or a "failed" ultra?

quick comparison of 6800 LE vs. 6800 GT vs. 6800 Ultra

6800 LE - Ultra pcb, Ultra core downclocked to 325mhz, 1.6ns ram at 1100mhz, Ultra cooler, dual dvi.

6800 GT - GT pcb, 350mhz GT core, slower ram at 1000mhz, one dvi.

6800 ULTRA - Ultra pcb, Ultra core at 400mhz, 1.6ns ram at 1100mhz, Ultra cooler, dual dvi.

if eVGA have made the mistake by giving out RMA numbers without supplying the replacement card and not being able to supply future breakdowns of the 6800 LE what card should they give out that would be the most fair? who should pay the extra cost of these mistakes?

quoted from evga warrenty "eVGA.com will repair or replace at its option, at no charge to the original buyer"

Awwwwwwwwwwwww F@CK

Sorry about this, I though the 6800LE was some sort of "Loser Edition" or whatever those downlocked crappy versions of videocards are. I now realize that it's a good ass card that you had, but now you don't. I say they owe you a 6800Ultra because it's the only thing comperable to your 6800LE and because they had the balls to make you pay $25 for the GT which is 'wose' than your LE.
SORRY, eVGA is screwing you, now I can see why you're pissed.

Dude, you need to get a life. Evga is quite possibley the best video card company I have ever worked with. I think you are way off base here. If you played your cards right you may have recieved a GT at a great price and maybe even an Ultra but now you are just an amusing anecdote in the in the "anals" of {H} time.

so far i paid 339.99 for zipzoomfly plus the cost to fedex back to them like 10 bucks. and the fact that i have been with out a working video card for almost 3 weeks many phones calls. im sure eVGA would not lose any money if they gave out ultras, i doubt it costs them that much to make it. they only would not make the money they get for selling the cards for 500 dollars each.

eVGA should have not sold these cards if they do not want to be responsible for replacements as it says in the warrenty. if they wanted to sell the LE (failed ultra) they should made sure they are fully playable without artifacts and do what it says when they sell it. if eVGA wants to trade it for a GT they should at least have offered it as an even exchange for a retail boxed GT.

for those who are interested:
website from where i bought it URL
pdf from eVGA URL

just to respond to the last post i asked eVGA how much it would be to upgrade to the 6800 ultra and they said it would be 500 minus the cost i paid for my LE no discount what so ever. if eVGA is the best company ever why did they send out multiple LE with the wrong bios with lower ram that artifacts at stock speed. then give out RMA numbers saying everyone will get a replacement then dont even call when they are out of stock.

My apologies, i was under the impression these cards were purchased third parrty. I suspect had you purchased evga direct, your experience may have been different. I need clarification, regarding the distinction

Stellar said:
Yes, nVidia has a huge super-secret underground marketing department lair here in Stephenville "Cowboy Capitol of the World", TX. :rolleyes:
nvidia? What are you talking about?

lithker said:
so far i paid 339.99 for zipzoomfly plus the cost to fedex back to them like 10 bucks. and the fact that i have been with out a working video card for almost 3 weeks many phones calls. im sure eVGA would not lose any money if they gave out ultras, i doubt it costs them that much to make it. they only would not make the money they get for selling the cards for 500 dollars each.

eVGA should have not sold these cards if they do not want to be responsible for replacements as it says in the warrenty. if they wanted to sell the LE (failed ultra) they should made sure they are fully playable without artifacts and do what it says when they sell it. if eVGA wants to trade it for a GT they should at least have offered it as an even exchange for a retail boxed GT.

for those who are interested:
website from where i bought it URL
pdf from eVGA URL

just to respond to the last post i asked eVGA how much it would be to upgrade to the 6800 ultra and they said it would be 500 minus the cost i paid for my LE no discount what so ever. if eVGA is the best company ever why did they send out multiple LE with the wrong bios with lower ram that artifacts at stock speed. then give out RMA numbers saying everyone will get a replacement then dont even call when they are out of stock.

ummmmm....then your just being dumb, you paid 340$ and they want 25....340 + 25 = 365$ thats about 40$ cheaper than the EVGA GT i just ordered.....get the gt and quit complaining, im sure if you talked to them enough theyd probably remove the 25$ fee as well....and technically the GT is better....sure the LE OCs better...but for stock the GT is a better card...especially from a business viewpoint...your getting a better card that doesnt OC as high for next to nothing...that right there shows me that they ARE a good company...the LE is out of stock...and considering it looks like it was mistake to begin with its REALLY doubtful once all are sold/given out, that theyre not gonna make more......itd be DUMB for them too....

To all those saying nickia is an idiot for not getting 6800GT:

He said he needed Dual DVI. The 6800GT doesn't have it.

He is losing function plus paying $25.

Read before the "flame".

quote from evga warranty card , "1. Labor: For a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, if this product is determined to be defective, eVGA.com will repair or replace at its option, at no charge to the original buyer. After the expiration of the warranty period, you must pay for all labor /replacement charges."

wickedld9 said:
[
COLOR=Red]Regardless of the cards perceived value/status to the overclocking community, this card is inferior to the 6800GT.[/COLOR]

I guess thats why my LE is running 470x1350. CLEARLY its inferior.

New SLI 6800s are coming out, they had over stock and needed to clear them out for the new PCB/revision. Of course this probably isn't completely the case, they must of had a few bum cards here and there they wanted to get rid of also. eitherway, your statement is mostly false considering how many people are completely happy with these cards and had outstanding out comes.

xSyzygy666x said:
ummmmm....then your just being dumb, you paid 340$ and they want 25....340 + 25 = 365$ thats about 40$ cheaper than the EVGA GT i just ordered.....get the gt and quit complaining, im sure if you talked to them enough theyd probably remove the 25$ fee as well....and technically the GT is better....sure the LE OCs better...but for stock the GT is a better card...especially from a business viewpoint...your getting a better card that doesnt OC as high for next to nothing...that right there shows me that they ARE a good company...the LE is out of stock...and considering it looks like it was mistake to begin with its REALLY doubtful once all are sold/given out, that theyre not gonna make more......itd be DUMB for them too....

Read everything, $340 from ZZF, $25 for the GT upgrade, $15 to send eVGA the card(thats what it cost me at least), and $12 to ship it back to us. Do the math, $392 plus 3 weeks of not having a video card.

ALSO its a downgrade. Personally i wanted either a cheap 5900XT or 6800nu, but the dual DVI hooked me in. I use dual LCDs so for me, the extra $80-150 was money well spent.

You must replace the product with something EQUAL or greater, and if the buyer bought the card with intensions of using the dual DVI potential, a GT is not a fair trade, much less for another $25. If i didn't get a new card sent back, I would have just gotten a refund and turned a blind eye to eVGA.

OMFG just an extra $25 to replace it with a GT? OMG they're totally ripping you off!!! [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Dude I don't see a problem, they ran out of a card and offered to give you a new, better card for close to nothing and you're pissing your panties why? :rolleyes:

CrimandEvil said:
OMFG just an extra $25 to replace it with a GT? OMG they're totally ripping you off!!! [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Dude I don't see a problem, they ran out of a card and offered to give you a new, better card for close to nothing and you're pissing your panties why? :rolleyes:

Apparently people don't READ threads before posting anymore...

6800LE......imho it is an rma recycling wheel from evga, Like this scenario:..It start as 6800U rma'd b/c it has problem---Evga reflashed the card and put it back on retail channel(ie.neweeg)-----End user bought it as 6800LE and rma it back to evga and back to the same cycle. What a business concept.. :(

they should send you an Ultra flashed with a LE bios ~ which is exactly what you bought in the first place.

in other words ~ they could have replacements cards for all the bad ones that got RMAed, IF they suck it up like they should.

:rolleyes:

Read everything, $340 from ZZF, $25 for the GT upgrade, $15 to send eVGA the card(thats what it cost me at least), and $12 to ship it back to us. Do the math, $392 plus 3 weeks of not having a video card.
remember when we are talking about prices these are retail prices they can not be compared with what it actually cost eVGA.

for example the $25 to eVGA is not equal to $25 at zipzoomfly there is no way it costs eVGA $392 to make a 6800 GT

We never know what happened to an RMA'd 6800Ultra. bfg,evga or gainweight are all doing the same...6800U became 6800LE and 6800U became 6800Uextreme+exos waterblock+ mo' money.....All same card with different bios.

lithker said:
he is not the only me and others all got bad cards from zipzoomfly.com clocked at 324core 702mem when i updated to eVGA correct speed at 325core 1100mem i got artifacts. i recieved an RMA number on nov. 3rd shipped on nov. 4th. they got my video card on the 10th. RMA status in process. called on mon. to see what was taking so long they told me they ran out of cards.

description of my 6800 limited edition:
-came in 6800 ultra box with stickers over the ultra in some areas
-upon opening it came with all documentation that comes with an ultra card.
-the card has 2 power molex connectors just like ultra
-6800 ultra superior cooler
-two dvi ports
-16 pipes and 6 vertex shaders found in everest

why was it packed like this if its not a 6800 ultra? or a "failed" ultra?

quick comparison of 6800 LE vs. 6800 GT vs. 6800 Ultra

6800 LE - Ultra pcb, Ultra core downclocked to 325mhz, 1.6ns ram at 1100mhz, Ultra cooler, dual dvi.

6800 GT - GT pcb, 350mhz GT core, slower ram at 1000mhz, one dvi.

6800 ULTRA - Ultra pcb, Ultra core at 400mhz, 1.6ns ram at 1100mhz, Ultra cooler, dual dvi.

if eVGA have made the mistake by giving out RMA numbers without supplying the replacement card and not being able to supply future breakdowns of the 6800 LE what card should they give out that would be the most fair? who should pay the extra cost of these mistakes?

quoted from evga warrenty "eVGA.com will repair or replace at its option, at no charge to the original buyer"
They are all the exact same PCBs, you know... one can be easily modded into the other by destroying/adding contacts in that cluster on the back.

Only Ultra-Extreme cards are guaranteed to come with 1.6ns RAM. For other, regular Ultras; it's a draw. Asus, for example, always uses 2ns, while BFG tries to use 1.6ns as much as they can. However, when they run out; they slap on 2ns...

CzarDestructo said:
I guess thats why my LE is running 470x1350. CLEARLY its inferior.

New SLI 6800s are coming out, they had over stock and needed to clear them out for the new PCB/revision. Of course this probably isn't completely the case, they must of had a few bum cards here and there they wanted to get rid of also. eitherway, your statement is mostly false considering how many people are completely happy with these cards and had outstanding out comes.
So what? Corenelius' 6800GT did better. Better, in fact than some overclocked Ultras could. Does it mean that all GTs are better than Ultras?

i never had a hardware failure and never RMA anything before, but the eVGA RMA experience taught me a lot. Read everything especially on their "at our discretion" :mad:

Hmm. I on the other hand, had nothing but good experiences with RMA. First a capacitor broke off on my 5900NU... so I sent it back (being too lazy to fix it myself, and not having a mobo at that time). I described the problem to BFG; they said they'd fix it. Probably did; I'll never know, because they shipped it to the wrong address, it got sent back somewhere, noone ever heard from it again. So, some time later they ship me another card. I open the box, and it's a 5900Ultra. Put it in my system; doesn't work. So, I RMA it again; only this time they send me a replacement in advance, and give me a free shipping ticket inside the packaging. I open it up; it's a 5950U. Attempt to put it in the system; break off a capacitor (again.) This time, though, I soldered it back on. Works fine at stock; isn't a great overclocker, but meh... Oh yeah, and I still have the broken 5900U... I really have to send it back one of these days; but I keep forgetting :\ Oh well. It's been a couple months already, and I haven't heard from them, so guess they forgot about it. And who needs a broken card, anyway?

Give this guy a new kick ass card and pay for all the shipping damn it. I bought your product and want to like your company. But people work really hard for their bucks these days.. well I do most of the time ;) ... and that's a lot of money to some people. Your shit didn't work, so make it right. Same goes for the rest of you. :)

Nickia expect your new card anyday. Then again... nobody ever listens to me... so on second thought... bend over. :(

I found out the limitations about online RMAs.

Every single company which allows online RMAing charges the customer shipping fees when RMAing a product online, no matter what. That's what you get for convenience.

The only way to avoid those shipping charges is to call the company by telephone, and ask for an RMA number. Unfortunately, living in Canada when the company's RMA department is in the USA makes that unfeasible, since some Canadian phone companies charge a lot of dough when calling outside their home country.

That's why I used a phone card when RMAing my subwoofer... And a lot of manufacturers have toll-free support lines.

i bought an evga 5600 ultra for my first sytem build, decided the 6800 limited edition has what i need and worth the upgrade. nothing but headaches since i got it. apparently being a good customer doesnt have any influence to eVGA. seems like all they care about is money.

this is my only opinion post so please dont flame me

This is kinda off the topic but I wonder why the LE was never officially accepted by eVGA... Was it done by a side market of the company or what? I never saw anything about it on their website, press releaes -- nothing, only retail websites.

DropTech said:
This is kinda off the topic but I wonder why the LE was never officially accepted by eVGA... Was it done by a side market of the company or what? I never saw anything about it on their website, press releaes -- nothing, only retail websites.

The evga 6800LE's were actually 6800Ultra's which did not pass QC(quality control) testing.
They supposedly were clocked down to specs which they SHOULD have been able to handle plus be acceptable to users. They were put into the reseller channel at their largest resllers websites, NewEgg and ZZF since they knew the few hundred they had would be scarfed up at those sites once the word got out. They were right.
They would rather have sold them as Ultra's and they really don't want to have them as a regular sale item, particularly on their own site.

I bought a card from eVga quite a while back, a geforce3 tiXXXX. It's in my niece's machine right now so I'm not sure which it was. The card produced all sorts of artifacts when I installed it and started up a game, any game. It was awful. EVga refused to replace the card. Absolutely refused. I did nothing wrong. I was sent a piece of crap card as was told to basically live with it. I experimented a bit and found that if I underclocked the card by a large chunk it would run without the artifacts, but who wants a crippled card? The whole experience was awful. I put the card away and used it some time ago to build a cheap machine for my niece who doesn't even run any 3d apps.

For those of you who have had good experiences with eVga, good for you. Don't flame this guy for trying to receive fair treatment and get a replacement card with the same features as the defective card he was shipped. Evga, or any other company for that matter, should not be allowed to screw people over.

mickster said:
The evga 6800LE's were actually 6800Ultra's which did not pass QC(quality control) testing.
They supposedly were clocked down to specs which they SHOULD have been able to handle plus be acceptable to users. They were put into the reseller channel at their largest resllers websites, NewEgg and ZZF since they knew the few hundred they had would be scarfed up at those sites once the word got out. They were right.
They would rather have sold them as Ultra's and they really don't want to have them as a regular sale item, particularly on their own site.

enough speculation. this is impossible considering 70% of the people posting in the forums that bought this card get Ultra speeds and better.

6800s are much easier to sell at $340 than an ultra is at $550. overstock?

Back