Been a long time coming, should I pull the trigger on gettin a PS3?

Syntaxx

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I had a PS2 i enjoyed it very much til it died a very years ago. I've been playing on an XBOX360 and my PC mostly. I never pulled the trigger on getting a PS3 ive missed a lot of titles i always wanted to play because of it and now after watching E3 i think im tired of missing out on some PS3 only titles. so i'm debating on pulling the trigger on getting the PS3 bundle with uncharted 3 for 299$. But I'm just worried is it too late to pick up a PS3 and should i just wait for the next-gen consoles? its a tough call, em i jumping in too late or should i still pick it up and go back and play all the titles i wanted too but missed on PS3 and enjoy the new upcoming titles from E3 like Last of Us.

Open to advice. And if anyone knows if or has any coupons or deals i could snatch of a good priced PS3 let me know. I prefer new im sketched out by used stuff.

That's a good price on the system with a game. There were talks of a price drop at E3 but it never came and probably won't until next year. Next gen systems won't come out until next year or the year after as well so you will definitely have time to get your money's worth.

The PS3 has a nice catalog of exclusives that are very good and as you noted, some coming out that are very good as well.

Your best price will probably be craigslist followed by ebay.

The PS4 looks like it won't be backwards compatible so if there are PS3 exclusive games which you really want to play then go ahead and get it.

it's worth it just for the PS3 only titles. I game on everything and it is nice to have a huge variety to choose from. That uncharted bundle is a good deal since you get the 320gb HD too.

Also, playstation plus this month has a killer deal with 10 games or so free for members.

PS3 exclusives make it worth it all on its own. I say pull that trigger.

Look at Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch all coming next year. With some luck Final Fantasy Versus XIII and the Last Guardian too.

If you've never played the PS3 then yes. There are a healthy amount of first party titles that are worth playing it for.

I will own one around the time last of us comes out. I will most likely play the uncharted series too ;)

I might pick one up as well. I've been looking at the Vita but there arent any games. I've never seen a PS3 in person, have owned an xbox 360 & Wii. Sold both within months of owning, but that was in 2007.

That uncharted bundle is a good deal since you get the 320gb HD too.

HDD size really doesnt matter that much on the ps3 since you can buy any laptop HDD drive to go in it.

Havent bothered to look but if I were buying another ps3 Id look at what was the cheapest and at what price I could get a larger HDD for, could be cheaper to get the 320 included, but Id at least check first before I bought it.

HDD size really doesnt matter that much on the ps3 since you can buy any laptop HDD drive to go in it.

Havent bothered to look but if I were buying another ps3 Id look at what was the cheapest and at what price I could get a larger HDD for, could be cheaper to get the 320 included, but Id at least check first before I bought it.

its 249 for the 160gb version so 299 is a steal the cheapest 320gb hd is 60 bucks. So it is a good deal i know that it can be upgraded i have a 750gb 7200rpm Black in mine.

I'm actually thinking of getting a PS3 as well.

I've borrowed my friends for a while and played some GREAT AAA+++ games like the Uncharted series (the best series ever made), Heavy Rain, InFamous, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, God of War etc etc...

I PERSONALLY think that the PS3 has better exclusives than the 360, especially games like Beyond: Two Souls coming out soon as well as The Last of Us...games I already know for a fact will be amazing.

Either way, I say pull the trigger HOWEVER get a USED one! No reason to buy new for a few exclusives, ya know?

I'm actually thinking of getting a PS3 as well.

I've borrowed my friends for a while and played some GREAT AAA+++ games like the Uncharted series (the best series ever made), Heavy Rain, InFamous, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, God of War etc etc...

I PERSONALLY think that the PS3 has better exclusives than the 360, especially games like Beyond: Two Souls coming out soon as well as The Last of Us...games I already know for a fact will be amazing.

Either way, I say pull the trigger HOWEVER get a USED one! No reason to buy new for a few exclusives, ya know?

Used ones are not THAT much cheaper. You guys should look before you post this stuff.

for an extra $50 though i get 320 drive and uncharted 3, im gonna go with that bundle.

The PS3 Slim is a good system. Most of the systems had a $50 price drop last year and didn't think it would get another. Wish the 360 would stop jacking their prices up and go down finally. I don't think an arcade unit is worth over 99 bucks.

If you could hold out awhile longer. I bet someone has a sale on the system between fathers day and 4th of July. Stores like target/amazon probably. Just seen a sale like buy a vita and get $50 coupon (acutally posted up at cheapassgamer site).

Keep your eyes on this forum: http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9&sort=lastpost&order=&icon=33 or cheapassgamer forums.

EDIT: Kmart offers up a SYWR members get $50 gaming coupon with the purchase of a PS3 320GB Modern Warfare 3 Bundle and a $20 coupon with any Wii system.
**Maybe see if they have same offer on Uncharted bundle??**

PS3 exclusives make it worth it all on its own. I say pull that trigger.

Look at Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch all coming next year. With some luck Final Fantasy Versus XIII and the Last Guardian too.

It's like you read my wishlist ;)

Back