Being Hacked ?

latief75

Limp Gawd
every now and then, my internet browsing slows down (the browsing becomes significantly slow). i open windows task manager and computer load is at 100%. i don't feel any hard drive activity or anything. in order for everythin to go back to normal i have to shut down my browser and restart it ....after that cpu load is back to less than 10%...

what is going on ?

What is the process that is using up the CPU when this happens? I doubt you are being hacksd. Most likely it is a buggy application running.

The process is Internet explorer ..........99% cpu utilization

the machine is blazing fast.... Athlon 64 with 1 gig..raptors and so forth .... nothigng running in the background....

this happens every now and then, and only started to show up recently .....

latief75 said:
The process is Internet explorer ..........99% cpu utilization

the machine is blazing fast.... Athlon 64 with 1 gig..raptors and so forth .... nothigng running in the background....

this happens every now and then, and only started to show up recently .....

IE ??
im guessing spyware

get microsofts anti spyware proggy, it works wonders

after installing microsoft anti spyware, i feel that my internet browsing is slower ....why?

any way to fix that ?

get spybot search and destory.........its always recomended to get 2 anti spyware programs, one to clean up what it can, other to do another sweep to make sure it got anything left behind

use firefox man, must better, only thing i hated about FF so far was when i first started using it, and having to download many plug ins to make sites work, but thats no biggie now, i have most i need

less spyware is writen for FF, tho since its becoming mainstream lately, it will be full of it with in the mid next year im sure.......

soulsaver

latief75 said:
after installing microsoft anti spyware, i feel that my internet browsing is slower ....why?

any way to fix that ?
... Did you run it? Did it find anything?

dl firefox and adaware.

Run adaware and see if it finds anything.
Then run firefox and see if it slows down the system

any one have a solution for this ?

i work off an open hotspot using a VPN to connect to my school ....

please help !!!

I've had issues with Firefox and Flash going to 100 percent CPU usage. Its inconsistent in that it doesn't always do it, but when it does, just closing and relaunching seems to resolve the problem. Even when I go back to the page where the CPU usage went through the roof in the first place (Usually slashdot of all places, but it happens occasionally with other places including HardOCP).

I don't remember it happening with Firefox until 1.0.2, but it has happened with every revision I've used since then.

I don't experience the same behavior at all in IE...

But the level of consistency of coding of the Flash add-ons has varied quite a bit over the years.

You might go into IE and make sure you are aware of all the helper apps that are hooked into it and/or try disabling some of the add ons to see if it makes a difference. On XP SP2, go to the "Tools" menu in IE and select "Manage Add-ons".

i installed zone alarm , could not get it to work with my vpn. so i installed Sygate personal firewall it did detect that someone or something was hijacking my interent explorer at the moment the 100% cpu utilization took place.. it blocked it. hopefully everything will be fine.

is sygate (the free downladble version) any good ?

thanks,

i still have the problem, i'm running microsoft anti-spyware and sygate personal fire wall. still every now and then my computer slows down while browsing the internet and the cpu utilization jumps up to 100% for no reason .... please help me!!!!

latief75 said:
i still have the problem, i'm running microsoft anti-spyware and sygate personal fire wall. still every now and then my computer slows down while browsing the internet and the cpu utilization jumps up to 100% for no reason .... please help me!!!!

Dude, just reformat your computer...if you allready have done, the spyware check, adware check, browser hijack check, virus check, firefox install, netscape install, firewall install, registry cleanup check...then just reformat to save yourself some hair man...seriously

Kyle

You could always run a quick scan of HijackThis and see EVERYTHING that is running...

Have you tried an online vscan like trend or panda...

Back