Benchmark Reviews link on front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigerian_businessman

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wanted to toss something out there. I'm not often critical of this site, and really this isn't a criticism so much as a heads up. The Benchmark Reviews article on the Logitech Cordless Desktop linked from the front page reads like an infomercial. There was no reviewing, just canned photos and basically a cut and paste job directly from Logitech's promotional materials. Given the [H]'s hands-on, thorough review process I was a bit surprised to see you guys linking such a blatant advertisement posing as a review. I'm assuming the review wasn't looked over thoroughly and you guys have some sort of traffic agreements with the sites you do link (and there's nothing wrong with that at all), but I just thought I would bring it up because I know how hard you guys work to avoid that review process and I wasn't sure if you were aware of it.

Frequently Asked Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Help and Feedback forum. We are here to answer your questions and receive feedback on the [H]ardforums exclusively. If you have questions or comments on the front page ([H]ardOCP), please contact Kyle directly at [email protected]. We do not take questions about other forums or any other site on the web, nor do we take questions on anything that belongs in another forum. We take questions dealing with the overall operation of the forums in general. It would be appreciated if you kept these guidelines in mind before posting your question of observation.

I just happened to stumble onto this thread my accident, but I am glad that I did.

nigerian_businessman, I'm glad you made it over to my site, and read my review of the Logitech mouse and keyboard. While I can see your point of view, I am curious why you wouldn't offer feedback to the author (me), as well? It's difficult to improve something if you go and talk about it to an affiliate. Like I said, it was accidental that I even found this.

So regarding the review, which was comprised of four pages, I did in fact use many of the media kit images. While I did place some of my own, their's were much better, and somehow managed to avoid the glare from lighting.

The content is both my review opinions, and their media footnotes. While it would be difficult to fill four pages of a mouse and keyboard review with my opinion alone, some of their own media info was added. Sure, their marketing material is apparent, so perhaps I could reward some of it will my own spin.

I looked around this site for a similar review, but no luck. Perhaps if I knew exactly what you were looking for in a keyboard and mouse review, I would be able to improve future reviews. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back