Benq FP222W 22" Widescreen LCD

OpStar

Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014131

I had originally ordered the Sceptre but after reading more into it and Costco changing my 7 to 10 day delivery to a 15 to 20 day delivery, I cancelled and ordered the BenQ from Newegg instead.

I was looking around for reviews, didn't turn up much. The reviews for the 20" BenQ seemed favorable.

Was just curious if anyone had any thoughts?

BenQ makes a good, no frills monitor (used to have a 19") but for the exact same price..or lower with a 20% off coupon...I would choose the Dell 2007FPW and give up the 2".

Bump.

hey guys . I'm looking for a new monitor and i stumbled across this one and am looking for more info for it. I currently have a 19inch sony lcd its a SDM-S93. I also have a 19inch crt sylvania that is 8 years old or so .

I want to replace the sylvania monitor as it will start turning off for no reason. I'm going to use the new one as my primary screen for browsing , gaming and xbox 360 gaming . A 22inch wide screen lcd will be just a little shorter than my 19inch sony and much wider. So i want to go with that . What do you guys think. Will this be a good monitor for that ?

I'm in the market for a 22" too. Anybody have experience with the BenQ?

Guess we are on our own with this .

I found out taht its the chei mi screen which is 22 inch tn . I think its the same as the one in the view sonic 22 inch panel.

The only thing I didn't like about the Chi was the white boarder around the screen.

It has a bit of backlight bleed but it doesn't bother me and its only noticeable on black backgrounds.

It has no ghosting and no dead pixels. Color quality is nice.

I'm very happy with the purchase.

Be warned though that I had issues using DVI with it via my x850xt agp so I had to switch to a 7800GS to get it working digitally.

OpStar said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014131

I had originally ordered the Sceptre but after reading more into it and Costco changing my 7 to 10 day delivery to a 15 to 20 day delivery, I cancelled and ordered the BenQ from Newegg instead.

I was looking around for reviews, didn't turn up much. The reviews for the 20" BenQ seemed favorable.

Was just curious if anyone had any thoughts?

"Costco changing my 7 to 10 day delivery to a 15 to 20 day delivery, I cancelled..." my, my. aren't we spoiled. i waited for my sceptre and couldn't be happier. beautiful monitor+costco return policy=win win.

xeetim said:
"Costco changing my 7 to 10 day delivery to a 15 to 20 day delivery, I cancelled..." my, my. aren't we spoiled. i waited for my sceptre and couldn't be happier. beautiful monitor+costco return policy=win win.

I wouldn't want to wait that long either...20 days is a good 2/3's of a month. I'm not sure about you but I get excited when I buy a new piece of technology...I guess that makes me spoiled... :rolleyes:

OpStar said:
It has a bit of backlight bleed but it doesn't bother me and its only noticeable on black backgrounds.

It has no ghosting and no dead pixels. Color quality is nice.

I'm very happy with the purchase.

Be warned though that I had issues using DVI with it via my x850xt agp so I had to switch to a 7800GS to get it working digitally.

you wouldn't happen to have a 360 to hook up to it ?

Anyway how do the colors look on it ? Does it look washed out at all ?

Hmm it doesn't look washed out to me at all, no. Oh and sorry, I don't have a 360 ;p

That was me on Newegg :p I used it via vga for the first two days I had it until I exchanged it for my 7800gs which works with the dvi output.

The text with vga was really blurry to me and shadowy, and hurt my eyes after a few hours of using it.

Plus it had alignment issues with vga where it wouldn't extend the desktop all the way to the right side of the screen using vga.

Back