BenQ FP241W or go 30"-32"???

beelzibub

Limp Gawd
I currently have a 20" Sceptre LCD, but I want to go bigger to watch movies. I'm contemplating whether 24" is going to be enough. If I go that route, I like the BenQ FP241W. If I go larger, it would probably be a 30" NEC/Dell/??? or 32" Sharp/???. What do you guys think? Money isn't too much of a concern, mainly I'd like to be able to game and watch movies on it. If I get the 30"/32", I would probably keep the Sceptre for general computing (internet, Word, etc). Please give me some input! Thanks!

umm, if money isnt a concern, why not go bigger?

although I'd wait for hte new dell 3008

Depends how far away you are going to be sitting from the monitor.

You guys like the Dells huh? I'll be sitting about 2 feet away for general computing, but for movies I'll probably lay on my bed about 5-6 feet away minimum. For gaming I am undecided where I'll be positioned, guess that will depend on the monitor. Thanks for your input so far! I'm going to keep an eye out for the new Dell 24"/30"reviews.....

My Dell 30" is a sweetheart but once I got 1080P Sharp 32" it was "goodbye 30". Heh.
2" don't sound like much, but a 2" boost in Diagonal size is a big-boost in "total real estate".
My 30" looks kinda-small, alongside it. (Go look "up-close" at row of 32"s in local CircCity; they're Big).
32" @ 1920x1080 is a "killer" gaming panel/pc-monitor (just my opinion). Good luck with whatever you choose.

Alright, I've seen the Dell Ultrasharp 3008WFP and it looks pretty damn sweet. Now I'm trying to decide between the Benq FP241W, Dell 3008WFP, or maybe the new 24" Dell when it comes out. The 32" Sharps are also pretty sick. Zak, do you use the Sharp for your daily monitor? What kind of video card(s) are you using? I have a single 8800GTX, so I'm concerned with having enough video muscle for such a large screen.

Back