BenQ G2400WD Differences

Shrane

n00b
Hello everyone. I have concluded that I will purchase the BenQ G2400W, however there now seems to be a new model, the WD. I know the new model sports dynamic contrast, however I don't know if this will be a negative for console gameplay, which will see the majority of screen time on the monitor.

Can this dynamic contrast mode be switched off? Should I go with the old version, or the revised version? I'm ready to make this purchase, so any feedback would be great! :p

Estimated monitor use, at least for now:
Xbox 360 HDMI 75%
High Def movies 5%
General Computer usage 20% (I'll have to upgrade to play games)

EDIT: I'll ask another question so I don't have to pollute the boards with additional threads. Do both BenQ models carry the sound from the HDMI cable to a headphone jack on the monitor?

I just got my V2400W tonight and have been playing around with it. I haven't yet found a way to disable dynamic contrast. However, I'm not positive if its disabled or enabled by default. The option is greyed out. I'm going to read through the manual tomorrow and see. So far I'm very pleased though.

And yes theres a headphone jack on the side that carries the HDMI sound. Used it with my Xbox.

Alright, I just took a quick look, heres what I found. Dynamic Contrast is disabled by default. You can only enable it under the 3 picture modes: Photo, Movie, and Dynamics. Even if you activate those picture modes, it doesn't activate Dynamic Contrast unless you enable it manually. I'm happy about this as I'm sure everyone else will be. :) I haven't found the Overdrive option yet but I'll post when I figure it out.

Thanks for the updates! Let us know if/when you find that overdrive option. :p

Alright, read through the manual. Theres an option "AMA" which is basically overdrive. Its disabled by default. So both dynamic contrast and overdrive are both able to be turned off/on and by default are turned off. Good stuff. I might post the manual if anyone wants to take a look.

Edit: Heres the manual. V2400W-en.pdf

Back