BenQ releases XL2410T, their first 120 Hz monitor

Maybe they are having too much fun gaming on it!

So has anyone received this monitor yet from the US benq store?

My order still has not shipped. Their site has said it's been in stock since last Wednesday. Either they are the worlds slowest shipping store or they truly don't have them in stock. I am going to contact them tomorrow and see wtf is up.

Looks like a decent monitor overall, except for the nasty backlight bleed. Guess I'll be waiting for reviews on the V3D241wm, which is also far more reasonably priced here (350 euros compared to the BenQ's 500+).

LOL the BenQ is at 346€ here in Spain. :confused::confused::confused:

Looks like a decent monitor overall, except for the nasty backlight bleed. Guess I'll be waiting for reviews on the V3D241wm, which is also far more reasonably priced here (350 euros compared to the BenQ's 500+).

For me, backlight bleed negates any other pro's the monitor might have. So I guess I'd better go for the LG W2363D instead.

For me, backlight bleed negates any other pro's the monitor might have. So I guess I'd better go for the LG W2363D instead.

Zoom in on the pictures of the back-light bleed and the pictures of the input lag and viewing angles that are also in a completely dark room. The back-light bleed doesn't look that bad.

All LCD's have back-light bleed to some degree or another in a solid black room. If you don't think so you are kidding yourself.

i'm a little disapointed in the review, i've been waiting for this monitor for a long time now and it doesn't appear to outperform the other 120hz offerings, additionally it has an outrageous price

i'm a little disapointed in the review, i've been waiting for this monitor for a long time now and it doesn't appear to outperform the other 120hz offerings, additionally it has an outrageous price

It's definitely the drawback of a first gen product. :(

I have cash in my pocket, and none of these companies are getting it until second gens come out at this rate.

While it is a tad on the costly side, it is still cheaper than the Alienware 120Hz for $500. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...ynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=3&baynote_irrank=0

I bought the XL2410T for $422 on shop.benq.us while they had the promotion. The only problem is their shipping is incredibly slow.

Hmmm, poo. May have to look at that LG too. On the downside though, I really wanted a display with a VGA port like the Benq has because I have 3 computers connected to my current Benq and one is just a plain ol Ubuntu file server with only a VGA output.

Silly question, but I always get my port direction confused, I know I've connected a DVI card to a VGA display with an adapter before, can you do the same with a VGA output to DVI display?

Hrmm, not crazy about only having tilt adjustment on it though, I like that the Benq and the ASUS have height adjustment. Sigh, I really would be better off just forgetting about this because I have a feeling I'm going to miss my VA 16:10 more than like playing a few 3D games.

Last edited:
Bey vary wary of that shop.benq.us site. I keep talking to the "live help agent" who keeps saying everyday it will ship that day. I was one of the first to pre-order, it's been showing in stock for almost a week now, my credit card has been charged, yet it still hasn't shipped.

If they had any reseller ratings on Google I'd log in just to rate them poorly.

Yeah, I'm trying out an ASUS VG236 now and would say the same, I wish I had room to keep it and my old monitor on the desk at the same time. Depending how crazy the color on the TN drives me will determine if I keep it or not. Well that, and I had my first brush with 3D Batman:AA last night, friggen cool!

Trying to decided between that BenQ and the Asus.... Am I right in thinking the Asus in the better choice?

How the hell did they get such different black level results from Flatpanels HD? 300:1 contrast seems unbelievably bad.

Where do you see 300:1? Most of the settings they have are around 400:1, but that is still under half the contrast ratio that flatpanels HD got which actually said the contrast ratio wasn't bad and the black levels where a positive. :confused:

Where do you see 300:1? Most of the settings they have are around 400:1, but that is still under half the contrast ratio that flatpanels HD got which actually said the contrast ratio wasn't bad and the black levels where a positive. :confused:

True, most results are between 350-400, but the worst result (Movie preset) is an extremely lousy 287:1. Something's not right about those results, I find it hard to believe any modern monitor could have such poor contrast.

True, most results are between 350-400, but the worst result (Movie preset) is an extremely lousy 287:1. Something's not right about those results, I find it hard to believe any modern monitor could have such poor contrast.

Ya, I am using the monitor right now at 100% brightness and the contrast ratio is not nearly that bad. Flatpanels HD got a reading of 874:1 out of the box contrast ratio. That's hugely different than the PCMonitors review numbers.

Ya, I am using the monitor right now at 100% brightness and the contrast ratio is not nearly that bad. Flatpanels HD got a reading of 874:1 out of the box contrast ratio. That's hugely different than the PCMonitors review numbers.

How's the backlight bleed on your monitor? How noticeable is it on Windows desktop or in games?

According to Anandtech, the Asus does have some input lag, plus it's glossy.

The review says "Thus, a more accurate number for input lag on the ASUS VG236H is the sum of the two, at a much more respectable 3.9ms".

That is really, really small input lag. Assuming your reaction time averages at 200ms, a 3.9ms input lag would cause a delay of 1.95%. When playing twitch-games, the amount of other factors at play render that % meaningless, especially since we're taking from going to 200 to 203.9. If you do any reaction-speed tests, you can see that 4ms is negligible.

I must admit, I like glossy screens. But this is entirely subjective. So, if you do not like such a screen, then you have a point, and the LG would be better to look at.

For those who are confused about the huge difference of measured results between the PCMonitors review and FlatPanelsHD, it's been noted in this comment that they took an average across the entire screen, not just he centre point (which is likely what FlatPanelsHD did). The measured results PCMonitors obtained are accurate, however stuff like backlight bleed can affect the averaged values.

Also bear in mind the review unit PCMonitors used could of had worse blacks/contrast than the one FlatPanelsHD tested, not all monitors (even the same model) are identical.

For those who are confused about the huge difference of measured results between the PCMonitors review and FlatPanelsHD, it's been noted in this comment that they took an average across the entire screen, not just he centre point (which is likely what FlatPanelsHD did). The measured results PCMonitors obtained are accurate, however stuff like backlight bleed can affect the averaged values.

Also bear in mind the review unit PCMonitors used could of had worse blacks/contrast than the one FlatPanelsHD tested, not all monitors (even the same model) are identical.

Interesting. It's a shame they didn't post any photos of the backlight bleed though.

TFTCentral are going to do a review of the XL2410T pretty soonish so those who are concerned about measurement values should hold on till then.

All my screens are glossy at this point, between this ASUS, my macbook screen, my TV screen, and my screen at work. It's not a big deal for me, though I found it a little annoying only when looking at a dark screen. I found LEDs from my computer are reflecting off things behind me and back onto the screen, heh. Time to tape a piece of paper over the side window on the computer.

the asus is confirmed 2 frames of input lag

anandtech only ran their crt at 75hz while they ran the asus at full 120hz
that means you have to add about 6ms to the asus' result

*Updated after calibration*

I bought the screen just basically for fast FPS play. For everything else I have HP ZR30W IPS displays which will obviously destroy any TN panel in every category besides speed.

Pro's:
Super fast reaction time with no input lag. Fast paced gaming is great on this monitor.
LED back light which is good for heat and power use. This thing puts out maybe 1/5th as much heat as just one of my ZR30W's.
Good stand.
Nice basic matte bezel. I don't like those glare inducing piano black bezels.
Matte screen to minimize glare.
Very little image ghosting or trailing.
Super light monitor, easy for my LCD wall arm to handle.
Quality control seems pretty good. Sturdy frame/bezel, no stuck/dead pixels and I haven't read of any others getting stuck/dead pixels on their XL2410T's on the forums.

Con's:
Contrast ratio is middle of the road. Contrast ratio measured pretty evenly around different portions of the screen. "Dynamic Contrast" setting is unusable.
Small amount of back light bleed around edges. The most at the bottom. I haven't taken the monitor apart yet to try and correct this.
Color, as for any TN panels is pretty uninspiring, but I did get fairly good sRGB calibration results. I am one of those crazy people that actually likes wide gamut monitors.
"FPS" screen mode is unusable. All it does is blast high brightness and contrast at you with low gamma and it looks horrible. I don't know what BenQ was thinking on this setting.

All in all I would rate it the following versus a quality IPS display:

FPS gaming like CS:S or BF:BC2: A
Windows Desktop/Web Surfing: B
Non-fast paced gaming like MMORPG's or Strategy: B

Overall: A-

BenQXL2410TUniformity.jpg

Maximum brightness deviation from center of 15%

BenQXL2410TTone-Temp.jpg

Color temperature cooler at higher brightness as expected.

BenQXL2410TsRGB.jpg

Green standard sRGB, XL2410T in Red.

BenQXL2410TTable.jpg

I run the XL2410T at 100% brightness as I like a bright screen and I use it in a lit room. 230 nits is what I received at 100% brightness, 51 contrast under picture mode standard. Contrast ratio wasn't stellar but it isn't as bad as some others have reported. I've also tested corner quadrants and receive relatively the same contrast ratio. My sensor could not reach the very bottom of the screen to be affected by the bit of back light bleed. Black levels do suffer from higher brightness levels, leaning towards purple/blue but only viewable on very dark scenes in dark room.

BenQXL2410TReport.jpg

Overall the screen calibrated quite nice. The only thing left for me to do is take off the bezel to see if I can get rid of the small black light bleed around the edges, especially the bottom.

That sample of yours doesn't seem so bad at all. I'm always suprised at people willing to run 100 brightness on an already bright from start 120Hz panel. At normal/poor lit LCDs I use sth like 55~60 brightness, for 120Hz maybe 25 - 35. I'm glad I prefer a bit darker screens though so backlight bleeding won't be much of an issue however my VX2268wm got so much backlight bleed it's noticable even at 25 and 23 is the lowest I'm willing to go but I've grown used to it, I just can't see it possible to go back to CRTs anymore with how old the average CRT will be by now so have to settle with this until some decent newer 120Hz panels arrive, so far none of them has really captured my interest, the BenQ was quite interesting before the reviews got out but after the mixed reviews I don't know what to believe anymore of it but I'm not quite willing to pay the hefty price tag for at least, can't seem to find it without 3D glasses bundled now anyways and I don't want the 3D feature, only 120Hz for smooth gaming and web/windows browsing experience.

Just received my XL2410T. Been using it for about 15 minutes and really happy with it so far :D

Backlight bleed is hardly an issue. I'm currently using Flatpanels HD's calibrated settings with 42 brightness. Granted, it's daytime and the room is lit, but still, even with an all-black screen image the bleed is hardly annoying. On Windows desktop, browsing the web, etc, I don't notice it at all.

Compared to my previous BenQ G2400WD, the blacks seem a little deeper, however, shadow detailing is slightly worse.

Last edited:
Prad.de has reviewed the BenQ, it gets their lowest rating as did the Acer, which does get a slightly better rating in terms of picture quality, but looses out due to the 17ms of input lag.

Digital Versus has reviewed all of the 120hz panels except the BenQ to date.

Back