BenQ V2400W & 2900XT

-=WooDWorKeR420=-

Limp Gawd
I was looking to pick up this monitor after reading many reviews and articles posted. It seems to be a good all round choice for gaming & CAD, and while i like the Dell 2408WFP I cant justify the extra cost.

However prior to pulling the trigger on this monitor i wanted to find out if I would have any issues running it at 1920 x 1200 resolution with my current system. (see sig for details)

It will be used mainly for gaming on games like TF2, CSS and Diablo 3 & Starcraft 2 when released.

I wanted to get as much input as possible before making the leap from a 20.1" to a 24"

Thanks in advance

currently with games like CSS, I run high across the board 1680 x 1050 full filtering, and get 60FPS easy. TF2 is very similar as far as settings and framerate. The other games, obviously only time will tell.

You might want to get a cheap 8800 GT if you want to use AA in TF2 at that resolution but otherwise it should run ok.

I want to keep the 2900XT as long as I can, I forsee a major rebuild next year, so I will try to hold off till then. As far as the monitor, is it a wise choice for the applications I will be using it. From what I have read in the reviews it seems like a good monitor. Again its primary use is Gaming, secondary for CAD. Does anyone have this monitor who could provide some feedback, or does anyone have any alternate suggestions?

Please remember, AA and AF are less used as you scale up in resolution, because you have more pixels to represent the same curve, you get a smoother line.

Please remember, AA and AF are less used as you scale up in resolution, because you have more pixels to represent the same curve, you get a smoother line.

Understood, however, Does anyone have this monitor who could provide some feedback, or does anyone have any alternate suggestions for the applications posted earlier?

At 1920x1200 you will not be running max settings probably.

Not a huge deal. Even with my new oc'd 4830 I doubt I will be turning AA on in anything as new or newer than TF2.

Back