BenQ V2400W LCD Monitor

Thanks for the mini-review so far and keeping us posted GTO. I'll be waiting for the rest of the review.., I hope it's all positive comments.

I'm sure, like the G2400W this monitor does not get hot at all and probably makes no noise.

Reviews are on the way! :)

Regards,

10e

I'm considering replacing my Gateway FPD2485W with this monitor :D Can't wait to see the review and decide whether it would be an upgrade.

I love how incredibly thin it is!

Can any of you owners out there tell me how hot the V2400w gets? My gateway monitor sometimes gets uncomfortably hot unless I have the window open and there's a breeze coming through.

Hi guys, I'm back with part 2 of my review of the BenQ V2400W 24in. LCD Monitor, this time I'm going to cover some initial usage impressions. [Part 1 of the review is at the bottom of Page 4 on this thread]

Disclaimer: The pictures shown here are in no way a true reflection of the image quality represented by the BenQ V2400W LCD Monitor, they're only used as a reference. The camera used is a point-and-shoot Canon Powershot A400.

2. Overview
-Build quality inspection
The BenQ V2400W is very well built, there are nothing that are rattling or loose on this unit. There are also no dead/stuck pixels coming out of the box, which is always a good sign. The surface of the screen is also perfect with no scratches or dents. The styling is also very modern, especially the consistencies of the glossy bezel all the way around the whole back of the monitor. Too bad we won't be spending too much time looking at the back of the monitor... I hope :p. Of course with glossy bezels, users can leave fingerprints on it easily.​

91d5d57ada634781a6f470b4650d26f0

Quick refresh on what the panel looks like.

34db2411e4434aeb83ff7f15b1758b71

The back of the panel is great looking.

-Stand quality and ease of adjustment (Hor/Vert)
The base stand, as noted before in part 1 of the review, is made of plastic and not aluminum like the silver color suggests. However, the stand is quite durable and strong and should serve its purpose well. The feet of the stand is made up of 9 nickle sized non-slippery pads scattered throughout underneath the base. Now, one of the area that BenQ could improve on is the base stand versatility. The degree of freedom with the V2400W stand is quite limited with only a 5 degrees tilt forward, and a 20 degrees tilt back. Where is the up shifting and down shifting? Also, where is the turning or twisting for portrait mode? On a positive note, the grip of the turning point is quite tight so you don't have to worry about accidentally knocking it out of position.​

87392cdafe274851b48ea3de48842000

The red circles are the locations of the 9 non-slippery feet.

673c2d800826449abbd7b015b149184d

I wish the stand would've allowed more freedom. :eek:

-First bootup impression
Upon boot up, we're greeted by the BenQ and Energy Star logo. The color looks very good on the Windows Vista desktop using the DVI connector. After a couple thorough scans over the desktop, there doesn't appear to be any dead/stuck pixels. :)

7bdd54fb69724336920a5adcec934c12

BenQ and Energy Star Logo upon boot up.

f47306605518447e87732abf4593bfca

Windows Vista desktop through the DVI connection.

-OSD layout and features
This section is better explained with the pictures below. Scroll down to continue reading!​

37765b2d9efd499387e1dce8c7ddb224

The display options are only enabled for the D-SUB connection, it's disabled for DVI and HDMI.

4a599bc57f3d4a3aaae7ae5beb86ea18

Wow, the brightness is turned way up by default.
The color option opens another menu that is not pictured here, it lets the user adjust the color temperature with 3 preset values and 1 customizable color set, All the modes and their values are as follows:

Normal - R98 G98 B98
Bluish - R88 G91 B98
Reddish - R98 G94 B77
User - R100 G100 B100 (Individually adjustable)

One thing I noticed when switching from Normal to User is that the color ended up with a saturation of blue that makes the desktop looks a lot cooler, which is strange because in theory it shouldn't differ too much from a RGB value change from 98 to 100. So I went back and manually adjusted the User profile to R98 G98 B98 and switched them back and forth for comparison purposes. The result is the two profiles indeed differed in color temperature, although they both have an RGB value of 98 across the board. Strange isn't it. :confused:

The Dynamic Contrast is grayed out for Standard Mode and sRGB Mode. You can enable Dynamic Contrast after going to the Picture Advanced option menu and change the Picture Mode to either Movie, Dynamic, or Photo. Activating it lets the monitor manage the contrast level for you on the fly and it disables manual adjustment for Brightness, Contrast.

09637ba087d64c63b6376665c63522b7

In the Picture Advanced menu you can switch between Normal, Movie, Dynamic, Photo, and sRGB picture modes, in that order.

The Senseye Demo is only enabled for Movie, Dynamic, and Photo mode. When enabled, the picture is split into the left and right, with the left labeled Senseye Off and the right labeled Senseye On. Like the demo, Senseye technology is only enabled in Movie, Dynamic and Photo modes, it enhances the pictures color, contrast, and brightness dynamically. Of couse, in these three modes and the demo turned off, you get the full benefit of the Senseye technology. [Senseye information on the BenQ Website]

The Display Mode option is grayed out and I haven't figured out how to access it yet, maybe it'll be enabled with the HDMI connection which I've yet to test yet?

The AMA option is BenQ's implementation of Overdirve that improved the LCD panel response time to 2ms GTG and is off by default.

28e5299588ae4f62b1dbae45e20b8653

Volume and Mute is grayed out, it should be enabled once you have a HDMI cable that have a sound input and you can use the Line-out/Headphone to output the sound else where.

The Buzzer option is to turn on/off the little beeping sound when you press any of the buttons below the monitor panel. The beeping is on by default but it's rather tame and it didn't bother me enough for me to turn it off.

e1035107a2d145959fe37ec8a134838d

You can switch between the D-SUB, DVI, HDMI inputs here.
Pressing the Enter button located at the bottom of the panel cycles through the inputs directly also.

The DDC/CI option lets you turn on/off the display data channel. [DDC/CI Wikipedia article here]

13082b29e2474cbd8a1d1efd4594f0db

The OSD Settings let you switch between English, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, and Chinese Simplified Language.

046c212d116a41839be27bb42c444bd6

The Information menu displays the current resolution and current refresh rate.

-0 hour backlight bleeding inspection

4f64c6b412c44de6a2215b49b54557d3

You may be wonder why you're staring at a black picture, but you can see the panel's power button LED at the bottom. No BLB at 0 hours. :)
After some usage I'll revisit BLB again.

-0 hour heat and noise
No immediate heat output, and no noise that I can hear at all with my ear right next to the back of the panel.​

Whew! well, that's part 2 of the review, stay tuned for part 3 in the near future and thanks for reading!

Thanks very much for your continued pictures and information, I registered on Hardforum so I could properly read up on your progress!

Looking alright so far, does the oddness of the offset base give you any feelings either way? I'm not sure that I like its design, and the buttons on the left give the impression that the screen is not completely horizontal

Could you perhaps measure if possible the exact height from the desk surface to the start of the actual panel on either side?

I'm sure a few people might be interested in whether the design will hold it horizontal over time, especially as it only has tilt adjustment and can't be changed if it starts to give a little.

Also, i'm definately liking that lack of backlight bleed, I've sent back two Samsung 2493HM's because the two I recieved were worse than my Really cheap Hanns-G 19" (Uses Samsung TN also...)

Wow, I wish all monitor reviews were like this :D

By the way, if you could hook up a PS3 to it and see how it handles that I'd much appreciate it...

It's 4.0 inches on the right side, and 3.5 on the left, where the OSD buttons are.

They light up too when used. Quite cool.

Regards,

10e

Thanks very much for your continued pictures and information, I registered on Hardforum so I could properly read up on your progress!

Looking alright so far, does the oddness of the offset base give you any feelings either way? I'm not sure that I like its design, and the buttons on the left give the impression that the screen is not completely horizontal

Could you perhaps measure if possible the exact height from the desk surface to the start of the actual panel on either side?

I'm sure a few people might be interested in whether the design will hold it horizontal over time, especially as it only has tilt adjustment and can't be changed if it starts to give a little.

I'm really seriously considering purchasing one of these after had to return a Dell 2408WFP because of the input lag. Does anybody have hard figures for this display on the input lag side of things?

Keep the reviews coming!

Joe

They are low. Max recorded is 20ms from Digital Versus, but I doubt it's that high.

They always seem to be about 10ms too high. I can tell you there is no noticeable lag on the screen.

Regards,

10e

I'm really seriously considering purchasing one of these after had to return a Dell 2408WFP because of the input lag. Does anybody have hard figures for this display on the input lag side of things?

Keep the reviews coming!

Joe

It handles it well.

480p, 720p, and 1080i/p are handled very well through HDMI and DVI.

Keep watching. I'm still uploading photos :)

There are many ;)

Regards,

10e

Wow, I wish all monitor reviews were like this :D

By the way, if you could hook up a PS3 to it and see how it handles that I'd much appreciate it...

You all will get a ton of pictures! haha
I have about 100 that I am sorting through.

To quickly answer your question, the screen does pretty well on the PS3. I have some comparison shots of it running the PS3 through games and Blu-ray movies vs. a Plasma television.

I am just putting my whole review together then sending it in, but if anyone has anything they want beyond what that original thread requesting ideas let me know I can take lots of pictures :)

It's 4.0 inches on the right side, and 3.5 on the left, where the OSD buttons are.

They light up too when used. Quite cool.

Regards,

10e

Sorry to be a pedant, but I meant the actual panel, as in the TFT, past the buttons and bezel. It's obvious that the buttons take up some room :p I was just interested in seeing whether the TFT panel is not completely horizontal, sorry if i didn't make myself clear the first time.

Thanks 10e for the fast reply though :)

GTO, didn't you use to have a FHD2400? or am I thinking of someone else?

GTO, didn't you use to have a FHD2400? or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, I still use the FHD2400 as my main monitor. I'm reviewing the BenQ2400 as part of the "BenQ V2400W User Reviews @ [H]Forum". :)
Since the review is about the V2400W I'm trying to keep the review as objective as possible.

As I said I had to return the Dell 2408WFP because of the input lag, didn't that one have about 40/60ms of input lag?

So if it's only 20, will I still be able to notice it? I'm extremely sensitive to it now.

Does anybody have the stats for a MacBook's screen in regards to input lag? That will give me an idea of what I am used to.

No probs. The panel itself is straight so far. Both left and right are the same height.

If I push on it though I can get it to go angled :)

Regards,

10e

Sorry to be a pedant, but I meant the actual panel, as in the TFT, past the buttons and bezel. It's obvious that the buttons take up some room :p I was just interested in seeing whether the TFT panel is not completely horizontal, sorry if i didn't make myself clear the first time.

Thanks 10e for the fast reply though :)

I wasn't chosen as one of the reviewers, but I just got my V2400 and the thing is sweet. The horizontal is even, no dead pixels and the picture looks good on Vista. My only gripe is that sometimes the menu buttons don't work perfectly and the screen shakes a little as I type this.

GTOViper: Whats your brightness set at in that picture demonstrating backlight bleed (or lack of)?

Looks like I'm going to be upgrading my 20"! I won't be taxed in my state (MS), so I can get it from BenQ's website for $437.41 shipped after the hardforum discount. I'd like to thank 10e and GTOViper for their excellent reviews on this monitor which led me to make this decision. I will return to post my opinions and experiences after I receive the monitor and put it to use for a bit.

Edit: I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but by using the "thankyou10" discount code stickied on this forum, you will save $44.90 rather than the $40 discount BenQ provides.

Fairly unlikely. 20ms is very low and that is the worst case scenario which is probably the case less than 10% of the time.

I have it cloned side-by-side with my G2400W which is around 5ms input lag worst case, and I cannot see a difference.

Regards,

10e

As I said I had to return the Dell 2408WFP because of the input lag, didn't that one have about 40/60ms of input lag?

So if it's only 20, will I still be able to notice it? I'm extremely sensitive to it now.

Does anybody have the stats for a MacBook's screen in regards to input lag? That will give me an idea of what I am used to.

Fairly unlikely. 20ms is very low and that is the worst case scenario which is probably the case less than 10% of the time.

I have it cloned side-by-side with my G2400W which is around 5ms input lag worst case, and I cannot see a difference.

Regards,

10e

Sorry, I'm too stupid and lazy to do the maths.. How many frames is that missing at 20MS if it's going at 60FPS? Or whichever framerate is usually used in calculations such as these.

You say the G2400W has a lower input lag? Apart from the design and depth, what benifits do I get from the V2400W over the G2400W?

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry, I'm too stupid and lazy to do the maths.. How many frames is that missing at 20MS if it's going at 60FPS? Or whichever framerate is usually used in calculations such as these.

You say the G2400W has a lower input lag? Apart from the design and depth, what benifits do I get from the V2400W over the G2400W?

Thanks,

Joe

Well, at 60FPS, 1 frame takes 16.666...ms to render. So a 20ms input lag puts you about 1.2 frames behind at all times.

However, if you're playing Crysis at 25FPS, and 1 frame takes 40.0ms to render, you're only behind 0.4 frames which might as well be non-existent.

Hi again, here is part 3 of the review and it will cover some general usage with the BenQ V2400W.

Disclaimer: The pictures shown here are in no way a true reflection of the image quality represented by the BenQ V2400W LCD Monitor, they're only used as a reference. The camera used is a point-and-shoot Canon Powershot A400.

[Part 1 of the review - BenQ V2400W]
[Part 2 of the review - Overview]

Before I start, some forum members are concerned about the base stand design choice of an off-centered stand. But worry not, here are some photos proving that the monitor is indeed leveled.

71fc1d03d4ea40bb946bd0b8a3c9aa81

The bottom left of the monitor measures at 4 inches.

b9231d435fdb45ad845b13a413597b4f

The bottom right of the monitor also measures at 4 inches exactly. ;)

3. General Usage
-Text Clarity/Sharpness
Texts display is pretty good, fonts appear sharp and clear.

3d4b2f642e1348ca93d1e89dae711b80

Not a very good representation of text display on the V2400W due to the inferior camera hardware. :(
However, it gives the reader an idea on how texts look on the monitor.

-Desktop navigation
Desktop navigation is a joy, not much else to report here. At it's native resolution of 1920x1200, you get a great deal of desktop space which users will never have enough of.

c5e07255f8eb46beb379d4e988c8cfbe

With a high native resolution of 1920x1200, you can open a lot of windows at the same time without having to constantly go to the task bar to switch other windows.
-Web surfing
Surfing the web with a big desktop space is always good.

795787a0f3c248dab3d60ccb2b86b033

Having a big desktop space enables the user to open two browsers side by side and still be able to see everything.

-Office applications
No problems using office applications, the large desktop estate makes editing text a lot easier.

5c94682410d3449a8447badefbf40881

Being able to fully see two pages of text at the same time improves productivity.
-Vert/Hor viewing angle
The viewing angle of course is one of the weaknesses of TN panels, however, it's not that much of an issue if you're viewing the monitor head on.

f47306605518447e87732abf4593bfca

The centered image for reference.

0d0af13b81bf4ee5acba70f34099849a

Slight color shifting on the far side when viewing at a off-centered horizontal angle.

6d80dc95fe0d4cd6951ab56f38a8a0ad

Again, the far side appears to have some color shifting, but who looks at a monitor at such an high angle. :rolleyes:

3914e3c2a9e2483599867307da89cf23

Color shifting when viewed head-on, this is a typical result for TN panels. Unfortunately it's something TN owners have to live with. [Image source: Lagom LCD Test Images]

4. Multi-Media usage

-Image Color/Clarity/Sharpness​
Images looks sharp and clear, nothing to complain.

74337113da9345da9d0b4a547644d101

Images looks amazing in high resolutions.

1bffc0f7dec24480b2a80b725a8e80a5

The Nissan GT-R R35 in high-res, extremely hot!
-Black/white level check​
The black level with this monitor is extremely good! No black crush and even the slightest black level change is noticeable. Same for the whiteness level! And this is all with stock monitor settings. With some of the past couple monitors that I've used before, most of the time some adjustments has to be made to get a decent black/white level. Definitely a thumbs up here for the V2400W.

fd8cbc3a91ee4fd99b73680f5a524523

Not a good representation due to crappy camera, but rest assured, the blackness level on the V2400W is superb! [Image source: Lagom LCD Test Images]

956541fdb46b46f3b66b93c62e549b6d

A better representation here, you can clearly distinguish the gray blocks even on the very bottom row! Very good whiteness level! [Image source: Lagom LCD Test Images]
-Banding check​
Some minor banding, not much to be alerted about.

444094660abb4172858bce6e8911014f

Look closely and you can see some minor banding, nothing major. Although some users might find it distracting.
-Movie viewing evaluation
The movie viewing experience is amazing, nothing like watching a movie in full 1080p high definition.

5aaf555077a74c8b8ecd83608b7e65bd

Transformers in high-def.
All right! this concludes part 3 of my review, stay tuned for more in the coming days. Cheers!

Yep, you are right.

Like I said earlier, that's worst case scenarios. The first time I tested vs. the G2400W I was surprised that the V2400W was even or ahead most of the time. In fact, that time there was only one shot in like 50 where the G2400W was ahead.

I'm gonna try it with an ATI card this week as it seemed to always give me truer results.

How do you find the viewing angles compared to the Gateway? Anything else that stands out? I know the FHD2400 is a high-gamut panel so color saturation can be stronger (as V2400W is standard gamut) but just curious, so I don't think it's good out of ignorance :)

Nice part 3!

regards,

10e

Well, at 60FPS, 1 frame takes 16.666...ms to render. So a 20ms input lag puts you about 1.2 frames behind at all times.

However, if you're playing Crysis at 25FPS, and 1 frame takes 40.0ms to render, you're only behind 0.4 frames which might as well be non-existent.

Yep, you are right.

Like I said earlier, that's worst case scenarios. The first time I tested vs. the G2400W I was surprised that the V2400W was even or ahead most of the time. In fact, that time there was only one shot in like 50 where the G2400W was ahead.

I'm gonna try it with an ATI card this week as it seemed to always give me truer results.

How do you find the viewing angles compared to the Gateway? Anything else that stands out? I know the FHD2400 is a high-gamut panel so color saturation can be stronger (as V2400W is standard gamut) but just curious, so I don't think it's good out of ignorance :)

Nice part 3!

regards,

10e

TBH the viewing angle on the FHD2400 is terrible, however since I'm the only user and I always view it straight on it has never been a problem for me. The glossy surface and 92% wide color gamut however, definitely gives it a more vibrant color palette compared to the V2400W and makes the whole viewing experience better for me.

Calling out to the other 3 reviewers. When's your ETA for your reviews.

GTOViper - Do you think the V2400W is a superior display than the Gateway FD2400?

Also, one last thing - when I play Starwars or Matrix on Movie mode through Windows Media Player on Vista, I can barely see the movie as everything is so dark. Are there some settings I need to adjust on the monitor in order to view the movies like in the screenshots you guys show here?

I don't think it would be the monitor. I have had no issues on XP, but I'll check Vista tonight.

Sometimes with video cards you have to go into the video control panel (whether nVidia control panel or ATI's CCC) and change the video or overlay settings to get the right brightness. I have had issues in the past after numerous driver updates where my video was incredibly dark and even after adjustment the colors seemed off.

You can also try VLC or Media Player Classic and see if you get identical results. This will isolate whether it's WMP or not.

Also is it just movie mode on the monitor, or are standard and sRGB mode having this problem? You may want to ensure dynamic contrast is off too.

Regards,

10e

Calling out to the other 3 reviewers. When's your ETA for your reviews.

GTOViper - Do you think the V2400W is a superior display than the Gateway FD2400?

Also, one last thing - when I play Starwars or Matrix on Movie mode through Windows Media Player on Vista, I can barely see the movie as everything is so dark. Are there some settings I need to adjust on the monitor in order to view the movies like in the screenshots you guys show here?

Just a quick question, how bright is the power light in comparison to the brightness of the image on the screen? On those images in what appears to be a pitch dark room, it seems fairly bright and almost distracting.

Also, another thing about the power light, some LEDs seems to refresh at a visible rate, so that when you move your eye there is a visible flickering. Can you confirm that the power light does not flicker whilst you are moving your eye over the displays picture? As I am very easily distracted by such things!

Thanks,

Joe

It's not bright at all. It is actually pretty dim.

The dark room/black level/BLB pictures need a longer exposure time so you will see two characteristics: Blur and overly bright lights. The blur from camera shake during the "aperture opening time" and the bright lights due to overexposure.

The reason being that to take photos of a monitor (light source) you can't use the flash or it disperses on the anti glare coating of the screen and you miss a lot of the image.

I didn't see any LED flicker to it or the LED behind the OSD buttons either when I move my head.

Good questions though. I've been waiting for the first one for a long time :)

Regards,

10e

Just a quick question, how bright is the power light in comparison to the brightness of the image on the screen? On those images in what appears to be a pitch dark room, it seems fairly bright and almost distracting.

Also, another thing about the power light, some LEDs seems to refresh at a visible rate, so that when you move your eye there is a visible flickering. Can you confirm that the power light does not flicker whilst you are moving your eye over the displays picture? As I am very easily distracted by such things!

Thanks,

Joe

I am in the process of trying to decide what monitor I want for my new build.

10e and GTO, if you don't mind me asking... if you were to buy a new monitor right now and you were deciding between the G2400WD and the V2400W, which would you choose? I intend to game as well as browse the net, use excel and word. I also intend to hook my 360 up to my new monitor. Thanks in advance... you guys seem to be the display gurus on these forums :)

10e and GTO, if you don't mind me asking... if you were to buy a new monitor right now and you were deciding between the G2400WD and the V2400W, which would you choose? I intend to game as well as browse the net, use excel and word. I also intend to hook my 360 up to my new monitor. Thanks in advance... you guys seem to be the display gurus on these forums :)

Sorry :( I never got a chance to actually see the G2400WD for myself, so 10e will have to answer that question for you.

I can only say that it seems like the G2400WD is the same panel as the V2400W, which I think is a good thing.

Either one is good for gaming, movies, etc... The panel is updated from the slightly older G2400W and has a few advantages, but nothing that's easy to notice without calibration software/hardware.

The V2400W and G2400WD differ from the older model in that they add overdrive (for faster pixel response) and dynamic contrast.

For your purposes I think you'd be happy with either. If your Xbox 360 is HDMI you will be very happy with the image quality. Over VGA the 1280x768 resolution seems to work best with the 360.

If it were me, and aesthetics weren't important, I'd get whatever is cheaper.

Regards,

10e

Thank you for the advice. I believe I will probably end up getting the V2400W. And thankfuly I have a newer 360 elite, so I can use the HDMI input :)

Here is part 4 of the review and it will cover PS3 usage over HDMI with the BenQ V2400W.

[Part 1 of the review - BenQ V2400W]
[Part 2 of the review - Overview]
[Part 3 of the review - General Usage / Multi-Media Usage]

5. Console usage over HDMI
-PS3 over HDMI
Using the PS3 over HDMI is a very enjoyable experience as it performs flawlessly over all resolution along with great scaling options. There is absolutely no hassle involved, just hook up your PS3 using HDMI and you're good to go. Not to mention it even carries the audio signal from HDMI and you can get audio without another cord from the PS3, albeit it'll be limited to stereo Line-out/Headphone only. With the DVI port and HDMI port seperated brings a lot of convenience for the users as more and more LCD now only carries one digital port in either DVI or HDMI in order to cut down production cost. All in all, the HDMI port is definitely another reason why you should consider the BenQ V2400W for your next LCD purchase if you've been wanting to upgrade to a bigger monitor but didn't yet.

33f95673c4c54389b22e1c2dab235dfd

Two digital ports eliminate the need to switch back and forth if you want use the monitor for PC and console.

0ecfcb5a69d2455aa407c32d4afbc5a3

The Line-out/Headphone port that carries HDMI audio signal located on the left of the monitor.
-PS3 game 480/720p/1080p scaling
In High Definition resolutions such as 720p and 1080p, the V2400W performs flawlessly while displaying sharp and clear images while maintaining the correct aspect ratio. There is not much else to say except the addition of HDMI port on top of DVI rocks!

43516e03e5fa477ea15e6189388cece7

Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) in 480p in 1:1 pixel mapping. The image is sharp and clear but probably too small for practical use.

de85e7a393ad4fb7935991732e15cc73

Again, DMC4 in 480p but this time in Aspect Ratio zoom mode. V2400W maintains the aspect ratio while upscaling the image to fit the entire screen.
The image quality degrades as each individual pixel gets spread across multiple pixels during the upscale.

eb5e06b86314404e944aeafd4f30cad7

This time, the game in 720p with 1:1 pixel map, the image is as sharp as it gets but does not utilize the full screen estate.

917850371335421084b4416fc48e97b4

720p scaled to the full screen with Aspect Scaling zoom.
The image maintains it's sharpness and clarity as the jump from 720p to 1080p is not as noticeable compared to 480p to 1080p.

bc82db6c2c6144c38c346942eda2ccff

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in full 1080p. The image quality is superb, there is nothing to complain about.
(By the way, if you're a PS3 owner, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game. :p It's AWESOME!)

-Game upScaling using PS2 Games
If your PS3 is backward compatible, then you're in for a treat as the V2400W scales PS2 titles brilliantly. Although, since the native resolution of the monitor is 1920x1200, the sharpness of the image might not be as good compared to a TV when scaled up. Most computer monitor don't scale images that are not native resolutions too well so don't fret.

df03270fe4914dc5b294858400b2ccaf

With 1:1 pixel mapping the image is razor sharp, again, the image is probably too small for practical use.
This is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2).

393fc396c5b84cd7a1798f10c8622a80

The exact same image but with Aspect Scaling that is selectable in the V2400W OSD menu. The Image is upscaled as big as possible while maintaining the aspect ratio.
The image softens up a little but the quality is still incredibly good.

-Blu-ray movie viewing
HD movies looks amazing on the V2400W, again, nothing else to report here.

70130671183047c0ac7ce28d784e20d5

The image quality is just great.
Casino Royale - 007 pictured here.

a10ae4fef28e46a5adc9a70d78d0ebce

The monitor is definitely capable and suitable for movie viewing.
-Subjective input lag
While gaming with the V2400W using the PS3, there is no feeling of input lag at all, and I didn't even have overdrive turned on. Given that this IS a TN panel, if all else fails, responsiveness is the one thing you can depend on. ;)

Thanks for reading, the next part of the review will contain PC Gaming usage and a follow-up on after-extended-usage BLB/heat/noise inspection to conclude my portion of the BenQ V2400W review. Stay tuned!

Damn, very awesome reviews. Looks like I may break and get the V2400W. As much as I would LOVE a DoubleSight, this BenQ is something I can actually AFFORD right now.

Back