BenQ V2400W Settings

Usama

Limp Gawd
I got a BenQ V2400W, what are the best settings for it? And does a DVI and HDMI cable come in the box?

Sure,

I generally use sRGB mode with the following:

Brightness: 60
Contrast: 50 to 60 (usually at 50)

BasicColor (my calibration program) asked me to set the following in user mode:

Red: 95
Green: 93
Blue: 82

Brightness: 55
Contrast:48

This was to get the optimum (sRGB colorspace, 140 cdm/2 brightness, gamma 2.2) settings.

I find for general internet use the colors set in sRGB are good, and for gaming I am quite happy with them.

This may be a "taste" thing. Some people prefer more color saturation. This was always the argument in CRTs where Trinitron looked washed out vs. competitors because they eschewed the wow factor with accuracy.

I have never felt the colors on the V2400W were washed out or dead, but that is up to the user and what they want. Many people are getting more used to wide gamut monitors that naturally oversaturate colors. I find it weird that TN monitors are marketed as wide gamut, because a wide gamut monitor is best for Adobe RGB (ie. Photoshop). This is not TN monitors' target market (at all).

Comparatively my NEC 26" is a wide gamut monitor and the differences in Xbox 360 are pretty slight, and the NEC can really saturate reds and greens.

On the 360, the "blacks" setting applies to minimum black level. A setting of expanded sets the black level at RGB 0,0,0. "Standard" is 16,16,16. I think "intermediate" is 8,8,8, and this is the setting I usually recommend. This will ensure blacks are not "grey" and you still get good dark detail.

If you play in the dark a lot then the "expanded" setting is fine too.

Regards,

10e

This was out of 10e's smokin review. I am lookin at picking this monitor up this week, and will play with my settings when i get it, however i would prob use his, as he definatley knows what hes talkin about.

Back