Bent LGA 775 pins

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I accidentally bent a couple of pins in the socket installing a CPU in my new motherboard :mad: (Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H for my HTPC) are there any tips to straighten out without causing further damage?

Thanks

Use a mechanical pencil with no lead in it. The pin should fit perfectly in the tip of the pencil.

Nice tip, I used a magnifying glass and some very sharp tweezers when I bent the pins on my old 945 Asus board. And I was VERY gentle with them.

Use a mechanical pencil with no lead in it. The pin should fit perfectly in the tip of the pencil.

isnt that more for bent pins on an AMD cpu?. the contacts in an intel socket are like little springs...i agree with the tweezers and magnifying glass...try as hard as you can to make it resemble adjacent contacts. jesus christ i remember hosing a board cause the velcro on my esd strap brushed against the socket and bent back like 20 of them and then a sad,salty tear ruined the socket all together. good luck pal.

isnt that more for bent pins on an AMD cpu?. the contacts in an intel socket are like little springs...i agree with the tweezers and magnifying glass...try as hard as you can to make it resemble adjacent contacts. jesus christ i remember hosing a board cause the velcro on my esd strap brushed against the socket and bent back like 20 of them and then a sad,salty tear ruined the socket all together. good luck pal.

Good call. The only time I got a good look at my 775 socket was the 30 seconds from when I removed the protective cover and then put my CPU in. Haven't had to remove it since. Looking at this picture, it looks like it would be a bitch to fix. Good luck OP.

Never had to do that one yet, and I hope I never will have to also...

So Good Luck

magnifying glass and a needle to bend the pins back. It was scary, but it has been fixed whew. 6 months later, all is good. :rolleyes:

I used my nail. Put a whole row back and working.

Back