Bent pins?

VERY VERY GENTLY!!!!!

bent pins can be saved, try a extremly narrow pair of tweezers or forcepts SLOW and gentle. An entire row perhaps with a small piece of metal with a long flat edge. Dont forget to ground yourself!

bend the pins back. It worked for my Athlon. Be VERY, VERY careful. Like, don't split the pins, don't break them off. Be VERY careful.
Good luck :p

Use the metal tip of a mechanical pencil... That's the best way to get them straight....

There's a couple of options. You can use a mechanical pencil (0.5 i think) to slip over the pins and slowly bend them back, or use a credit card and slide it down to row and gently apply pressure to straighten the pins. You normally have to do the credit card both horizontally and vertically to make sure the pins are straight.

If the pins aren't bent that much you can try to see if it'll go back in the socket - there's a bit of wiggle room for them to fit.

back in the day I had an AMD 3500+ that fell on the floor, bent several pins.......looked like it was toast but after a painful 4 hours I managed to get them straight enough to run. Last I heard system is still running strong.

BTW: I used a Visa card to buy the chip so I figured I use the same card to fix it....lol

Back