Best 19" CRT money can buy.

Bop

2[H]4U
Title says it all, what is the best 19" CRT I can get for $250-$400?

Depends on your preference on Aperture Grill or Shadow Mask, AG = NEC/Mitsubishi DP930SB, Shadow Mask = Try those ones the other guy recommended.

I ended up going with the Viewsonic P95f+, same dot pitch as 912SB but higher refresh rates and it has an AG. Should be coming in on Thursday.

I hear the DP930 has serious QC problems so I don't want to take the risk of having to RMA it a bunch of times.

Bop said:
I ended up going with the Viewsonic P95f+, same dot pitch as 912SB but higher refresh rates and it has an AG. Should be coming in on Thursday.

I hear the DP930 has serious QC problems so I don't want to take the risk of having to RMA it a bunch of times.

yeah good luck why dont you type in the name of your monitor you jsut ordered on these forums and see how many problems it comes up with and then please type in 930SB and you will only hear good things

The Viewsonics are a Grappy AG/Shadowmask combo Why not go with a full AG

Bop said:

P95f+ is blurry has hell at 1600x1200@85Hz

Your best bet is DP930...that guy who returned 3 of them just has bad luck I think.

The 930SB ya know it is just to dahm good, I love it since the Viewsonic has different dit pitches all over the monitor how could it not be blurry in corners where it has a .27 for pitch compred to the center which is .24 or .25.

But you ordered the viewsonic and you should be happy with it good luck

1920x1440? Why would you even run a 19 inch monitor at that res?

And yeah, the P95F+ has horrid blurriness at high resolutions, have fun. I used one and god, it was painful.

I play games at 1920x1440 and 86Hz on my 19" Iiyama. Works just fine and looks great. Of course a 6800 Ultra on a FX-53 does wonders to make that res usable.

I never play any of my games above 1280x1024, I think I'll be fine.

As long as you go Diamondtron or Trinitron with aperture grill you will be just fine :). I know some people complain about those lines not making the picture perfect but to be honest I haven´t seen one shadow mask monitor being able to produce nearly the same colours or image as my old Sony Trinitron.

I just ordered a 22" Philips 202P40 btw. I have learned my lesson never go cheap on the monitor you loose out to much by doing so. Going from my 19" plain CRT to my 21" Sony Trinitron was like getting free anisotrophic and color vibrance without any performance hit whatsoever on my Geforce 4 I had then :)

Who is this invisible PCrepairguy can anyone of you else here see him? He should have the post above this if so?

I can't see PCREpairMan, and I don't know why there's sometimes these "invisible" posts.

???

Well anyway will the P95f+ B be good enough for gaming at 1280x1024? I think it has 120hz for that resolution and an AG. At 1600x1200 things get to small for me, I'd rather use 1280x960 and 2xAA. It has the same dot pitch as the 912SB.

Most reviews I've seen say its an excellent monitor and the geometry and color is great. I read from many people that the geometry on the DP930SB is poor so that affected my decision. And after doing a google search it seems that their QC is pretty bad with a chunk of people having to RMA it.

Well my P95f+B will be here tomorrow, wish me luck:p

There is something funny going on? He do exist I got PM from him when asking about what crt to guy also that invisible. But if I saved it as a text file I could read it.

So PCrepairguy maybe times to give the mods an email or something. Don´t mind replying since we can´t see you :(

back to topic: Yeah good luck Bop :)

Best of luck, Bop. Never fun to RMA a monitor.

And it seems that most of the complaints about NEC Mitsu monitors have been about Mitsubishi branded ones. My FP912 is great, so maybe both companies do things separately.

And Pcrepairman, I can't see your new post...

oqvist said:
As long as you go Diamondtron or Trinitron with aperture grill you will be just fine :). I know some people complain about those lines not making the picture perfect but to be honest I haven´t seen one shadow mask monitor being able to produce nearly the same colours or image as my old Sony Trinitron.

I just ordered a 22" Philips 202P40 btw. I have learned my lesson never go cheap on the monitor you loose out to much by doing so. Going from my 19" plain CRT to my 21" Sony Trinitron was like getting free anisotrophic and color vibrance without any performance hit whatsoever on my Geforce 4 I had then :)

Yes, you're never going to see an ISM monitor compete with an AG monitor when it comes to color, but what good is vibrant color when those damn lines drive you completely out of your mind? They have always bothered me, though I wish it weren't so. Fortunately, the effect only applies when I sit close to the monitor. My Sony XBR doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I got my DP930SB yesterday and all I can say is that its amazing. The picture quality is awesome, very clear, sharp and easy on the eyes. The screen is perfectly flat and the viewing angle is tremendous. As for the aperture grille wires, they are barely noticable unless you have a bright white background and are looking for them. Its a very minor fault but in return you get an amazingly flat screen with very good screen geometry.

chaosan said:
I got my DP930SB yesterday and all I can say is that its amazing. The picture quality is awesome, very clear, sharp and easy on the eyes. The screen is perfectly flat and the viewing angle is tremendous. As for the aperture grille wires, they are barely noticable unless you have a bright white background and are looking for them. Its a very minor fault but in return you get an amazingly flat screen with very good screen geometry.

what resolution are you using?

needmorecarnitine said:
what resolution are you using?

Right now I'm using 1280x1024@85hz, before that was 1600x1200@85hz, then 75hz. Been testing it for a while. Everything looks good to me.

I am using 19" HP Trinitron with 0.24 AGP (aperture Grill Pitch). Excellent monitor, the professional series model P910. And I'm selling another very same one, sealed in the box, for $225. Do a search at the For Sale/Trade Section for more details.

I like my $200 Samsung 997DF...shadow mask it is, but i'm not one of those crazy photo people who can tell the difference between 15 million colors and 14.9 million...or something. It works great for me and i like the grey and black casing...

tristam said:
I like my $200 Samsung 997DF...shadow mask it is, but i'm not one of those crazy photo people who can tell the difference between 15 million colors and 14.9 million...or something. It works great for me and i like the grey and black casing...

That Monitor is Horrid, i had it befor I got my 930sb and cant belive I actually bought it then

Back