best 24" lcd gaming monitor with nice image - please help

gloatlizard

Weaksauce
hello, i got a new pc, it's a e8600 ddr2 280gtx configuration. i only got to choose the monitor, i'm watching around from a whole month, but i can't go to an end, i need definitly your help. i would like a 24" lcd 1920 x 1200 and i would use it mostly for gaming, so i prefere it very fast etc., and in this hypotetical list of fast monitor for gaming, i would like that you suggest me the one with the best image, in other words, the best gaming monitor. i've put in many forums topics, but i can't find someone that suggest me the ''must buy'' monitor.
please help me, thanks a lot.

How much is your budget or what you're willing to spend on a 24"? It depends if you want the best (probably more expensive) or the "bang for the buck"
wink.gif

I'm in this boat as well...I've looked and looked but can't seem to find any definitive answer on which of the available 24's perform the best...

yeah, the more you read the more you don't know what to choose. hope somebody will help, on other forums they suggest me this forum as one of the best for this purpose

The Acer G24 has some great specs...but seems to me like the input lag is a bit high. It has a 19ms average lag...but how noticeable would that be? The BenQ G2400W seems to be held in high regard...so there may be an option. I dunno...I'm just going on what I've picked up around here lol

In the same boat as well. Thinking of a Samsung 2493HM. It has all the inputs and features I like (height adjust, swivel, HDMI / DVI / VGA, speakers, USB hub, headphone...).

Its only a TN screen but haven't seen one in real life to determine if picture quality will suffice.

just fyi, I have an LG246w in the for sale forum. it performs excellent

Same boat as the others. But it seams most recommendations go towards the Benq G2400WD.
Any sugestions?

i've heard that your lg is fast, why you change it for the hp? any other suggestions? thanks for your help

Hey guys,

I am also looking for a decent a 24" monitor for gaming and general use.

I thought HP's had really bad input lag?

The Anandtech site for hardcore gamers only recommends 6bit 24" models.

Does anyone know if the latest Asus models are 6bit or not?

i just bought a samsung t240, its extremely solid. colors are great, very vibrant. It plays crysis and multiplayer cod4 with zero lag in response time. it was 399 dollars.

i just bought a samsung t240, its extremely solid. colors are great, very vibrant. It plays crysis and multiplayer cod4 with zero lag in response time. it was 399 dollars.

I noticed input lag immediately on the T240 when playing COD5: WoW. I was playing through DVI, not sure if that makes a difference though.

What really bugged me about the T240 besides the input lag was that it is not height adjustable. I knew it wasn't when I purchased but just couldn't live with it in the end.

Check out samsung, i have a 22" and i love it. 2ms 3000:1 contrast ratio. Great displays

I noticed input lag immediately on the T240 when playing COD5: WoW. I was playing through DVI, not sure if that makes a difference though.

What really bugged me about the T240 besides the input lag was that it is not height adjustable. I knew it wasn't when I purchased but just couldn't live with it in the end.

was it the HD version? i honestly didnt experience any with mine, and im extremely picky.

quote from 10e a few months ago about gaming monitors, i hope you dont mind me putting this in.
"Good 22"

LG L227WTG-PF - Only caveat (IMHO) is the glossy screen
LG W2252TQ - Also low input lag, good 22" screen
Samsung T220

Good 24"

BenQ G2400WD/V2400W
Samsung T240

Most of these are low input lag monitors (average under 1 frame of lag), and good panel response.

The L227WTG is listed as having 27 ms average input lag by Digital Versus but no one here has ever complained about input lag, and Prad.De said it basically has none, so I'd be more likely to believe them.

Don't look at the Samsung T220HD/T240HD as they have higher input lag than the "non-HD" versions listed here.

Either one you've listed might be ok too, but these here are a bit better in overall quality of panel, OSD, etc... The Acer is ok, but the LG W2452T is probably a bit better of the two you listed."

i've done a lot of researches and this is what i found, here is a list of not tn 24" monitors, if there is a '','' it means that they are different feedback:

lg 2600hp w2600hp (_HP_! not w2600h. last one has tn panel---->Practically lag free: the LG W2600HP (left) plays back the image with a maximum lag of 16 ms as compared with a CRT monitor (right).
LG L245WP/L246WP
Hyundai W241D-PVA .--->no, Happily, we can report that the W241D displayed absolutely no lag compared to Dell's 30-inch beast.
HP w2408h
Iolair MB24W
HP's LP2475w ---------> tftcentral dice 25ms medi............The values recorded fluctuate between 11 ms and 54 ms and produce an average of 32 ms across a measurement range of 50 individual values, which is equivalent to two frames.
hazro Hazro HZ24Wi --->no
viewsonic 24" non tn---> no
Planar PX2611W -->need still to check
Digimate L2442WD -->" "
Dell 2408WFP ----> no
BenQ FP241W---> no, 16,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,16,0,16,16,31,31,0,0,0,16,15,15 for an average of 8.65 ms. Seems low , commento su trusted reviews negativo
dell 2407wfp-->23.7ms
Hyundai W241D -->31ms

i hate the fact that in some websites i find that it is fast and in other that is not...
for now maybe should be safer to take the lg but 26" are TOOOOOOOOO MUCH...

was it the HD version? i honestly didnt experience any with mine, and im extremely picky.

quote from 10e a few months ago about gaming monitors, i hope you dont mind me putting this in.
"Good 22"

LG L227WTG-PF - Only caveat (IMHO) is the glossy screen
LG W2252TQ - Also low input lag, good 22" screen
Samsung T220

Good 24"

BenQ G2400WD/V2400W
Samsung T240

Most of these are low input lag monitors (average under 1 frame of lag), and good panel response.

The L227WTG is listed as having 27 ms average input lag by Digital Versus but no one here has ever complained about input lag, and Prad.De said it basically has none, so I'd be more likely to believe them.

Don't look at the Samsung T220HD/T240HD as they have higher input lag than the "non-HD" versions listed here.

Either one you've listed might be ok too, but these here are a bit better in overall quality of panel, OSD, etc... The Acer is ok, but the LG W2452T is probably a bit better of the two you listed."

I had the Non-HD model. I heard the HD model had quite a bit more input lag.

I "might" have put up with it though if it was height adjustable. I knew it wasn't, but was hoping I wouldn't care in the end. Unfortunately, this missing feature ended up being too much.

Back