Best 2x1GB DDR1 ram available now

reswob

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a new set of 2x1GB DDR 184pin ram. My current 2x512mb PC3200 isn't cutting it anymore. It was cheap stuff. I plan to pair the ram with my opty165 and OC. I can find PC3200 fairly easily, but what about the higher rated ram modules? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Anyone else? I've been looking into that OCZ Platinum PC3200. I was wondering about DDR500 and stuff. Who knows where to get some and what're your experiences with them?

I've been using Patriot DDR500 in my signature rig. I havn't had any problems and I've bumped up my cpu over 300Mhz . I'm not even running this ram at the speeds that it's rated for.... yet. If you're running DDR500 at lower speeds, you can always tighten up the timings. You can find DDR500 at Newegg, Fry's / Outpost and other places. I bought my 2 gig kit at Fry's for $199+ tax, a few months ago. It was actually cheaper than 2 gigs of PC3200.

Well since no one has mention em,
I would like to mention the

Mushkin Redline XP 2x1GB DDR500

From what I've read, they are pretty darn good,
and made from Inf. CE-5

Eh, I like a little instability in my life.

Keeps things very intersting :rolleyes:

hehehe, i know the feeling :D

though on the flip side, infineon runs REALLY cool and likes pretty low volts, so you don't have to worry about heat like you do with the micron :p

Are the G.Skill DDR sticks out of production?

I'm hoping the lack of fast DDR is just due to holiday shutdowns in the fabs, and not a permanent thing.

Back