Best 30" display?

Elipsn

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a 30"

Please don't suggest other display sizes, I'm not interested in a 27 or 24 inch

Whats the best 30" display out there? IPS? PVA? Banding? Pink Tint? Color bleed?

I've been out of the loop on 30's for awhile, so if you could, I'd appreciate the lowdown on those that are worth looking at - that are on the market right now

thx

I'm in the market for a 30 inch also. According to www.prad.de, no new 30 inch monitors have been released in the past year except the Samsung SM305T. The rest are 2008 vintage.

I've been really close to buying the HP LP3065, but have held back because it seems like something new should come along since that monitor is nearly 2 years old now.

I hope anyhow...
I hope someone releases a panel utilizing Sharps uv2a technology soon. The uv2a demos I've seen are very impressive. They have them for sale in Japan right now it appears, just not in the states, yet.

I'm also in the market and from what I've read from other threads here and other places online it seems like there is no "best" monitor. I usually become confused when I start doing some research because people complain about bad backlight, scaler lag issues and other things. I would also like to know if there is a "best" one out there.

Personally I don't play games that much so color quality is the most important to me. Then again if color quality is off would I really notice it? I'm currently running a Dell 2001FP. Also from what I know now if I had to pull the trigger and buy a monitor it would be the Dell 3007WFP-HC, but with that monitor people complain about the lack of certain inputs.

Personally I don't play games that much so color quality is the most important to me. Then again if color quality is off would I really notice it? I'm currently running a Dell 2001FP. Also from what I know now if I had to pull the trigger and buy a monitor it would be the Dell 3007WFP-HC, but with that monitor people complain about the lack of certain inputs.

The 3007WFP-HC does lack inputs, but trust me, it's one hell of an upgrade from the 2001FP. I had that monitor and loved it. I upgraded to the Westy 37" monitor which was absolutely HUGE compared to the Dell but was very very large at typical PC distances. It was awesome for gaming but I found myself looking left and right during normal usage in order to appreciate the panel's size. When I bought my 3007WFP-HC, the display was large enough to provide immersion in games but I didn't have to turn my head anymore. Motion blur is minimal and the level of immersion is high...you can run native res without huge levels of AA/AF and the game still looks very good. If you can deal with the lack of inputs, I would certainly recommend the 3007WFP-HC or 3008.

I have been real happy with the Samsung 305t...........enough that I have 2 of them.
Got them for around $700 and they have been perfect.
Got rid of a Dell 3007 .........too much anti-glare coating.

I have been real happy with the Samsung 305t...........enough that I have 2 of them.
Got them for around $700 and they have been perfect.
Got rid of a Dell 3007 .........too much anti-glare coating.

$700 is a nice price, how did you swing that?

$700 is a nice price, how did you swing that?

Well mainly patience. I just waited for them to turn up on Ebay with a reputable seller at the right price. I found the 1st one at the beginning of the year and then the 2nd one a few months later. They are both refurbished but they seemed like new when I got them. I dont know if Samsung has dumped some of them because of overstock.

I have also seen some used ones go at a really good price too over the year.
I have also seen some sold on this forum every so often.

I have been more than happy with mine. I kind of prefer the PVA type screen over the IPS. Just seems to have better color. I have tried both over the years.

I read that the LaCie 730 is the "best" but it's a damn expensive monitor....something like $4-5000.

Was selling my 3007wfp-hc, but then i realized how perfect this monitor for me, I decided to keep it. Reason being the monitor I have is almost perfect; no blemishes, dead or stuck pixels. Minimal buzzing sound and barely hear it. Kina hard to find a 30" monitor without any defects. I guess I got lucky :) good luck for your 30incher hunt.

Kina hard to find a 30" monitor without any defects. I guess I got lucky :) good luck for your 30incher hunt.

Man that doesn't sound good. I'm in the market for one too, but I sure as hell don't want to have any problems for a pricey display. Can live with a stuck pixel and backlight bleed on a $220 lcd, don't think I could with any kind of defect on a $1K display.

If u don't mind the hassle, just do what everyone does here. Keep exchanging till u get a perfect one.

Have no problem with that as long as it doesn't cost me even more money. Now do they pay the shipping back and forth? Or do you do this method at physical stores only, where I get raped 9.75% tax?

And I have a new problem, this was my girlfriends Xmas present from me. This dude will not leave me alone when I get home and she isn't here. Keeps pawing at my screen, don't want him to rip a hole in a 30" lcd lol.

img0485qa.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up a Dell 3008wfp and i'm totally in love.

Certainly the best 30" monitor I ever owned (this is my first)

LOL, looks like kitty is tired from all that pawing of the screen! Awesome present from the GF, by the way. :)

I agree with Betauser; I considered trading my 3007-HC for a 3008 due to the additional inputs but I'm not sure it's worth the risk considering I got pretty much a perfect panel!

Yeah, I love my 3008 (A02), too. However, I'm very interested in the forthcoming Dell U2711 (27", 2560x1440, LED?) and might get two to replace my 3008.

If you can wait maybe 3-6 months, NEC is also releasing a new 30" in their PA range. Probably around the same time Dell will release their U2711.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to their current wuxi lineup.

Have no problem with that as long as it doesn't cost me even more money. Now do they pay the shipping back and forth? Or do you do this method at physical stores only, where I get raped 9.75% tax?

really depends on the store you buying from. I got mine from Dell and they paid both ways.. They send me new one and send them the old one after i get my replacement..

really depends on the store you buying from. I got mine from Dell and they paid both ways.. They send me new one and send them the old one after i get my replacement..

Thats pretty good. Bought my 22" Mitsu Diamondtron from them back in '03. I haven't ordered from them though since I bought a hdd and somehow paypal deemed my account had been used without authorization and refunded me the money without me even doing anything. Never heard anything from Dell. Wish I had ordered a bunch more on that order lol.

Back