Best 37'+ 1080p for around $1000?

B

bostesseger69

So far its looking like JVC, or SHARP are going to be the winners for me, I've checked out a few of the ones I'll link below, but which ones do you VIDEO experts out there recommend for me, or are there some way better ones I've missed? Thanks.

JVC LT-37X688
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/462087909?srccode=cii_1038957&cpncode=12-39427375-2

Sharp LC-37D62U
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/481561-REG/Sharp_LC37D62U_LC_37D62U_37_16_9_AQUOS.html

Toshiba 42HL196
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253119

Check out the Westinghouse LVM-37w3

I'm using mine atm. I got it for $529. I've had it for 9 months now and I'm loving it. It's hard to find these days, but I highly suggest you look. ;)

I'm using mine atm. I got it for $529. I've had it for 9 months now and I'm loving it. It's hard to find these days, but I highly suggest you look. ;)

It doesn't have a tuner....I need something that I can watch tv on.

It doesn't have a tuner....I need something that I can watch tv on.

I have read (at least in the past) that its better to get one of these without the tuner as it adds input lag. The Westy that came with the tuner was not nearly as good as the one without for gaming purposes from what I gathered in that monster thread.

I would get one without the tuner and then add a TV Tuner PCI card and then connect your set top box to that. Its what people were saying worked well in the past, but its possible things have improved with next gen LCD's where its no longer a problem.

If your going to put a 42 incher on a desk I would say don't. You will have to sit way to far back. 37 inches is pushing it as it is. Until I built a new keyboard tray for my desk that gave me another 10 inches away from the desk I experienced eyestrain.

Westy + pci tuner card, the card is cheap, like 50 bucks for a decent one. winnar!

I have read (at least in the past) that its better to get one of these without the tuner as it adds input lag. The Westy that came with the tuner was not nearly as good as the one without for gaming purposes from what I gathered in that monster thread.

I would get one without the tuner and then add a TV Tuner PCI card and then connect your set top box to that. Its what people were saying worked well in the past, but its possible things have improved with next gen LCD's where its no longer a problem.

If your going to put a 42 incher on a desk I would say don't. You will have to sit way to far back. 37 inches is pushing it as it is. Until I built a new keyboard tray for my desk that gave me another 10 inches away from the desk I experienced eyestrain.

I'm not using this as a computer moniter, I'm using this as a tv/ps3 display only....so the westy + a tuner is still reccomended?

I'm not using this as a computer moniter, I'm using this as a tv/ps3 display only....so the westy + a tuner is still reccomended?

If you're even going to use it as a computer monitor, why do you have to have 1080p? I have the Samsung LN-T3753H but it's 720p. PS3/Blu-Ray looks great and OTA channels are good. I have a spare computer that I have hooked up to it as well and that looks good. I have pics if you want me to post them.

I have a Magnavox 37MF437B 1080p and am loving it so far. I really like the picture and it does have a tuner. Take a look at it if you'd like.:)

wow, what a sick deal, i want one of these, but the $800-$900 price tag is too high for me (in college)

how rare is the $529 you paid?

is this gonna spin down in price now that its a little dated?

Back