Best AGP card for 220.00

Lestang

Limp Gawd
I am looking for the Best AGP card for 220.00 I am thinking the 6800 GS will give me the best bang for the buck.

—§urfÅceЗ said:
W0rd, if you can pay those extra $30. It's a steal!

Agreed.. I have an x850PRO and I love it.. I think I payed 250 for mine.

Word. you could go ethier way, my 6800gs unlocked to 16 pipes has 3.0 shader (rather than 2.0) and overclocked to 415,1150

Eh just depends on how you look at it. I went from a 6800LE to a X800XT AIW and i lost sm3 and HDR. HDR was just an annoying light effect in DODS. Looked like crap and slowed down the frame rates. Not to many games use SM3 right now so that i didnt care about. The X800 was a faster card and allowed me to have more aa/af on.

I would go with ATI x800gto because you can tweak pipelines from 12 to 16 and overclock to x800xtpe range. 16 pipelines is highest pipelines in AGP 4x/8x interface.

Edit- Link

wh1r said:
I would go with ATI x800gto because you can tweak pipelines from 12 to 16 and overclock to x800xtpe range. 16 pipelines is highest pipelines in AGP 4x/8x interface.

Edit- Link

X800GTO AGP are not unlockable.

Anyways, you guys think it's best to go for a X850XT or wait for 7800GS to come down in price?

Lestang said:
Wouldn't SM 3.0 make it more future proof.

No, I dont think so. It may have SM 3.0, but it doesnt have the ability to use it well enough to make it playable.

yeah, but either card will produce well over acceptable framerates and IQ, so either one would be fine from a performance standpoint, given that, why would you cut out SM3.0, it's not toally worthless you know, Far Cry is like a new game playing with HDR vs. without, and alot of other titles use SM3.0 effectively and still play decent on a "weaker" SM3.0 card

think about it this way, you might be able to get 15-20 fps higher on the SM2.0 card, but when both cards are running 60+ fps, does that extra 15-20fps even matter, especially given the monitor is likely not able to reproduce frames above 85Hz?

I'm pretty sure 6800GS won't be able to do 60+ FPS in any future games with decent IQ. It can't even do 60 FPS with decent IQ in current games, such as: FEAR and COD 2.

aznpxdd said:
I'm pretty sure 6800GS won't be able to do 60+ FPS in any future games with decent IQ. It can't even do 60 FPS with decent IQ in current games, such as: FEAR and COD 2.

It can on my computer...

Back