Best air cooling full tower?

slingshot

Weaksauce
Hello,

I'm building a air cooled gaming rig and I'm looking for a full tower case that can accommodate a TRUE RT Rev.C and a Radeon 5870.

Which case would you all recommend?

Thanks!

antec 1200, out of all the cases out right now it's unmatched for airflow. 3x120 in the front, 2x120 rear and 1xBAMF up top.
Built-in fan controllers for all the fans, and wind-tunnel adapters for extra cooling!

If you want bling bling look E-ATX sized HAF is lot more spacious than overhyped short in depth 1200. (and even cheaper!)

The Antec 1200 does seem to have a fantastic thermal design with dust filters on all intake fans. But I think its mobo section it's a bit too tight.

Is there a similar case that's bigger and has dust filters?

Thanks again!

I like my CM ATSC 840. It is extremely spacious, and will easily hold the WC setup I plan to get next summer. For me it does great cooling. Granted I have not had a bleeding edge system in over 2 years, but I have a i7 920 and 5850 that are running great in the case. In your price range you can get the can, and the extra fans that make what I believe a great case without an issue.

I bought 3 noctura's and 2 sycthe's, and they are rocking for me right now, very very quiet while moving a fair amount of air. The only downside is that the only filters are on the botton for the PSU and the bottom mounted 120mm fan.

Antec 1200
HAF 932
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
ATCS 840
Thermaltake Element V
Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000
Cooler Master Cosmos

Antec 1200
HAF 932
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
ATCS 840
Thermaltake Element V
Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000
Cooler Master Cosmos

corsair does not belong in this list as an air cooling tower. In fact, it's highly recommended against air cooling in this heat trap

corsair does not belong in this list as an air cooling tower. In fact, it's highly recommended against air cooling in this heat trap

you’re probably right, I just had the idea about its air cooling from this picture without doing any research about it. (review link)

Back