Best arcade like car game for P.C.?

Isaacav2

[H]ard|Gawd
I spent too much money for GT4 and the fancy wheel. I need more use out of it, what whould you recamend for a good P.C. racer game? GT4 put a sour taste of sim like games but I'm open to suggestion please :)

Best Racing Game for PC - FlatOut
2nd would have to be Need For Speed Underground 2

Neither of these games are similar to GT4...besides being able to drive cars.

Well, unfortunately there isn't really anything that comes close to what GT4 (or Forza) offers for PC users. That is, a generally accessible "sim" racing game with a wide range of production cars with the ability to mod/upgrade and tune.

Live for Speed is nice. It doesn't have licensed cars or tracks but the physics are A-1 and the online play is great! Also might want to check out "GTR", it's a simulation of FIA GT racing, so the cars aren't really production cars but they are based on them anyway. Also check out Richard Burns Rally if you want some rally driving to do. It's the best rally sim out there IMO.

Keep in mind, while GT4 is labeled as a "simulation" by Sony and Polyphony, the sims on PC are about 100x as realistic and difficult without practice.

BigFuzzyArchon said:
Best Racing Game for PC - FlatOut
2nd would have to be Need For Speed Underground 2

Neither of these games are similar to GT4...besides being able to drive cars.

NFSU1/2 unfortuntly is 100% arcade style racing because aside from being ghey/rice, the physics are complete crap. Live for Speed i do agree is pretty realistic! :D

The GT Legends demo is fun but its only 3 cars and 2 tracks and has a lot of sim settings, but you don't have to do that, just configure it to autotrans and your good to go. If you want a true arcade (aka: completely unrealistic) pc racer, nothing beats trackmaina Sunrise. There is a demo for this one as well.

Defintly try FLATOUT if you are into racing what so ever. Fun, fun game.

Flatout for arcady fun...

Racing sim fun = Collin McCrea (Ralley), Toca 2 (Racing), GTR (Pro Race Sim)

Look out for Toca 2006!

I wish there was a Mario Kart for the P.C. so I can play it with my wheel. Anything out there remotely close to MK or CTR kind of gameplay?

Isaacav2 said:
I wish there was a Mario Kart for the P.C. so I can play it with my wheel. Anything out there remotely close to MK or CTR kind of gameplay?

Mame?

Flat-Out was a riot. That game was a ton of fun, and the bonus games are what really made the game for me. The soundtrack was even pretty good. You need to play the demo.

Completely unrealisitc arcade racer : Trackmania Sunrise
Somewhat realistic, easy to drvie racer: Need For Speed Underground 2
Extremely realistic, difficult to drive racer: GTR

Ive played all of these games and I love them all for different reasons. I would recommend all of them, though.

ScYcS said:
Trackmania Sunrise is by far the best ARCADE racer for PC...
I second this. One of these days I am actually going to buy the full game. I am STILL having too much fun with the demo. :D

** UPDATE **

I just found out that you can use the fancy GT4 wheel with BF2 :D :D :D I got it to work last night and played around untill my sleeping pills really started to kick in. I had a blast, I can't wait untill I get home so I can have a fun setup for BF2.

Hey maing, if you're looking for a classic arcade style you should try finding Sega's Daytona USA, I'm sure you could find it free or next to nothing. It's no NFSU as far as graphics and depth, but it's classic arcade and probably a lot of fun on a wheel.

carmageddon series are the best...

flatout? what are you smoking? that game got boring in 10 minutes.

Archaea said:
carmageddon series are the best...

flatout.. good game, great graphics... but too slooooow. No sense of speed. wannabe burnout. at least on the pc version.

Isaacav2 said:
I spent too much money for GT4 and the fancy wheel. I need more use out of it, what whould you recamend for a good P.C. racer game? GT4 put a sour taste of sim like games but I'm open to suggestion please :)

Isaac GT 4 is in no way a sim. It´s as much arcade as Colin McRae or Flat Out.

If you want to try a sim make yourself a favour and get RBR. That is the best racing game money can buy. Other than that GTR is tons of fun however both rFactor and GT Legends will come soon.

Archaea said:

I agree. The feel of the fun wears off quickly and the repetition begins:(

Well, I installed the Sunrise Demo and unintalled it after 5 min of playing. Too bad BF2 is quirky with the wheel. I can't seem to find good use for this 150$ toy.

Back