Best Athlon XP M-ATX w/ SATA?

Might work okay, if you don't overclock. I had BSODs that I could never track down with a VIA KT400A (same chipset, no graphics), so I am not going to recommend it. That is just one person's experience, you might get better luck.

heh funny thing... i happen to be looking for the same thing.

I just had a soyo K7VME go flaky on me after i dropped the box...
so I'm lookin for a new socket a matx mobo. There aren't that many choices and I ended up picking up the ABIT VA-20 from zipzoomfly cuz it was cheaper w/shipping and in stock. I didn't want to spend 50$ for a new socket a mobo, but its kind of high on the priority list.

The Soyo mobo installed fine after a couple tries. I always do fresh installs on new hard drives and had some driver issues at first. Basically make sure you install the drivers in the right order. I'm not planning on OCing or gaming heavily and I have plans to turn it from a desktop into a storage server in the mid future (think Terabyte in a Cube... mashie style...). If I remember, I'll post some impressions on it after I install it and play with it... (meaning run some benchmarks and do my usual 72 hour burn in...)
I also looked at the ECS mobo on newegg and mwave for 40$ but it had some bad reviews and things.

So we'll see....

Back