Best Backup software?

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
Right now I have a server at work that i'm wanting to setup some type of software that will backup my primary data folder everyday. My problem is I can't find a program that will backup the folder as a direct copy, instead most programs will make a backup of the folder as some like "g:\Backup\data.gpb or data.bak"

I just want a program that will backup my Data folder as a complete backup of the Data folder so I can easily replace the folder if my primary drive crashes without relying on some restore tool to restore a specific compressed backup like .gpb or windows backup tool .bak I believe... anyone have any recommendations?

cobian back up
comodo has a nice free back up app now as well
gfi backup

I finally figured out Cobian Backup on Win7 a few weeks ago and it was well worth it. Highly recommended.

I use SyncToy 2.0 from MS, I have a scheculed task to backup my "my documents" folder to the network servers every morning. You can easily cut & paste the files if you need to restore them.

I like comodo so far, i wish the email notification worked and I'm still trying to understand how backing up modified files work... does it create a complete mirrored backup and then only updates the modified files onto the backup? Or does it only backup modified files from the original location? Right now I have it set to perform a complete backup of about 3.8 gigs everyday, but only about 20 data files are actually modified so I might change the backup preferences to only backup what modified files to copy.

I'm using Comodo so far and the data folder i'm trying to copy is 3.8 gigs... and when I set a full backup for that folder i end up with a 7.8 gig backup of that folder? Does that make any sense?

Back