Best bang for my buck?

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to spend less then $150 on both a motherboard and a processor. Hopefully going to get into 64bit but it really doesn't matter one way or another.

Needs:
AGP 8x (I have FX6200)
DDR (I have Kingston HyperX PC3500 512MB)
SATA and IDE (I have both formats)

What do you guys suggest?

You should look in the for sale thread. You can pick up some pretty good deals...

Yeah, I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Most of my posts stopped around 2004. So what is it? I did a google search and came up with a shitload of links about a city named Conroe and rivers or waterfalls and whatnot. Wanna let me in on that?

Yeah, I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Most of my posts stopped around 2004. So what is it? I did a google search and came up with a shitload of links about a city named Conroe and rivers or waterfalls and whatnot. Wanna let me in on that?

Intel's Core 2 Duo

It blows the Athlon 64 X2 out of the water, and overclocks like mad. Just like the Athlon 64 was superior to the Pentium 4, this is better than the A64 X2.

IMO, if there's a Fry's electronics near you, they always have great mobo/cpu combo deals in your price range.

Back