Best blunt weapon?(obliv.)

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
I'm in a bind, I didn't put blade as a major because I just couldn't fit blunt and blade both in, and Blunt>blade in morrowind. Deadric maces ya they're good, but It seems like blade is alot better than maces so far.. is there some sweet mace I'm missing? Or do I just need to try and level up my blade skill :(

Well I havent seen any blunt weapon with a base damage over 6 so far. I have found some with amazing magic. Like 30 shock on hit with 100 uses. Only seen a few of them, many more blades found and sold that were better. But I have gone blade the whole way to Lvl 27, my blade skill is 93. The glass longsword I picked up at lvl 10 and 14 base dmg, now dose 22 base dmg and 20 life leech-from a sigil stone :) Or the sword I have that does 24 base with 20 cold :)

Do some dungeon crawls. Most of the enemies I run into in dungeons seem to have either a mace or axe of some type. If you are at level 10 or so you can probably find something pretty nice just wandering around.

The best weapon in the game IMO is Hatred's Heart. It has a speed drain that essentially paralyzes whatever you hit.

kydsid said:
Well I havent seen any blunt weapon with a base damage over 6 so far. I have found some with amazing magic. Like 30 shock on hit with 100 uses. Only seen a few of them, many more blades found and sold that were better. But I have gone blade the whole way to Lvl 27, my blade skill is 93. The glass longsword I picked up at lvl 10 and 14 base dmg, now dose 22 base dmg and 20 life leech-from a sigil stone :) Or the sword I have that does 24 base with 20 cold :)

Um that's why you don't see a blunt with a base damage higher than 6... the damages scales with your skill level.

Isn´t daedric the highest on all weapon types? If we talk unenchanted

do a quest for Malacath (sp?) shrine =save the ogres mission=. (you get this V-something hammer (2-hand)) 3 sec paralyze and something else (health absorb)?

its somewhere above Arvil, i think...

also ebony, glass, elven maces seem to be decent weapons (4 atk @ 13 blunt)

yeah daedric is the best "stock" weapon, then Ebony....but they all weigh a TON!

I have a hard time telling the base level on anything. Kind of wish they'd display it or something.

From what I can tell is damage is calculated by:

BaseDmg * Quality(0 to 1.25) * (Skill / 100) * (Attribute / 100) * (Luck / 100)

I could be wrong on the /100 things but all of those parts seem to factor in so i'm guessing that's what's happening. I know luck can really jack up attack/defense numbers.

So if you had umbra(blade) @ 125Q with everything else as high as you could get it you'd probably be hitting for damn near 100 points if not more. I know it hits for 10dmg right now and I've got 30 strength, 35 blade, and 65 luck.

I can't say i've seen any decent maces while running around so far. Some basic magical stuff yeah but you might be just as well off grabbing a glass or daedric and enchanting it with a stone/gem. Fire 30dmg and 100% weakness to fire on any weapon will seriously mess up most guys you smack with it regardless of any skill levels you have with that weapon. And that 6x dmg bonus you get while sneaking still applies to all the enchantments I think.

The best weapons apart from custom self enchanted ones tend to come from Daedric Shrine quests.

***shrine spoiler linky below***
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310239&st=0&p=5385083&#entry5385083

Back