Best brand names?

SHRED

Limp Gawd
I am looking at
EVGA
PNY
BFG
...etc...?

Which manufacturer is the best for quality of product and customer service?

Thanks

I like my xfx, just ordered a xfx extreme edition 7900gt to replace my current one, but have had good luck with bfg and evga as well.

have not had a good experience with my $500 BFG 6800u AGP. Some logic board problem with it, and it thinks that it's not recieving enough power (despite the 680w powersupply, and i've tried all possible things.) BFG isn't on top for me.

jcll2002 said:
my ranking

1. EVGA
2. XFX
3. BFG
4. all others

I don't know about EVGA, never bought from them, but I'd order XFX, (big gap), BFG, (big gap) PNY.

I haven't owned an asus, leadtek, gainward, etcetera, so no opinion.

Xephian said:
Yeah, that's the main reason I got eVGA for my 7900 GTX.
thats why im getting an evga 7900gt ;) (please dx10 be released before the 90 period is up)

krizzle said:
have not had a good experience with my $500 BFG 6800u AGP. Some logic board problem with it, and it thinks that it's not recieving enough power (despite the 680w powersupply, and i've tried all possible things.) BFG isn't on top for me.

i am getting this message on my eVGA 6600gt as well, and it doesn't even have an auxilliary power connector to begin with! i downgraded to the nvidia 81.98 drivers and that message stopped coming up, so i don't think it's necessarily a problem with the card but rather the drivers.

also, i see many thumbs up for xfx here... i had bad luck with my first xfx card (died as soon as i launched a 3d game) and getting an rma was a pain in the butt to say the least. their customer service is terrible. once i finally got it replaced i sold it and bought a bfg card. couldn't be happier with bfg--lifetime warranty is awesome.

What about Leadtek I had 5 cards and they where all good, the only thing is the
warranty its only 1 year not life time warranty like XFX , EVGA, and BFG cards

asus seem to be over priced. i also dont think they warranty there cards as long as evga or bfg does or xfx for that matter. ive seen asus cards and they are usually higher then evga etc.

I wouldn't get Leadtek, thier fans are usually sleeve bearings, they wear out quick. The others listed usually use Dual ball bearing sets, they're quieter, cooler and last much much longer. Asus had good video cards a few years ago but they focused thier development into thier fantastic mother boards so the vid cards took a good quality hit.

Back