Best Buy 4 day sale next week Nov 18-21, 8800GT, HDTV packages

jbailey

Limp Gawd
Best Buy is having a four day sale next week before Thanksgiving, and one of the items they're selling is the BFG 8800GT OC for $249.

There are also two nice HDTV packages:

Save around $900 with this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony 46" 1080p LCD TV (KDL46V2500, normally $2199)
PS3 80gb with MotorStorm game ($499)
Five free BluRay discs with the PS3 (mail in)
Geek Squad home theater install ($200)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All $1999 after instant savings ($420 off the tv, $200 off install, $280 off package)

Save around $850 with this.
Samsung 56" 1080p DLP (HLT5676S, normally $1999)
Xbox 360 Pro with Marvel and Forza 2 ($349)
All for $1499 after instant savings ($500 off the tv, $349 off the Xbox 360)

They will be releasing a very large ad for this on Sunday.

Wow. Killer..... KILLER!!! *faints*
Too bad you can't switch around the game consoles.

links to goodies?
I am not lazy, just can't find it on best buy's website
thank you!

It's on the front and back page of next week's ad, which isn't out yet.

EDIT: Here...

Can the 12% off coupon as a Reward Zone customer be combined with that $249.99 8800GT? I used to work there and to be honest I don't even know the answer...awesome place to work btw.

It should list the exceptions on the coupon. If it says video/graphics cards, then you can't.

If you're within the return policy, you can get the difference.. which if you purchased an 8800GT, then it should be within the holiday return policy that lasts until January 31, 2008.

It says video/graphics card, but I'm not sure if I can combine it with this offer...also I got accepted for a Best Buy card so you bet I'm buying one of these suckers...maybe 2 :D

If you could get them to combine the coupon that would be great. If not it's a better deal unless they take tax from the original (in which case it's still a better deal here but ymmv).

I will be picking up the 56" tv and 360 on Sunday...

I already have a 360 so I'll be selling the free one... replacing a 50" 1080i dlp tv.

Awesome. I purchased an 8800GT from BB on Nov-5. I'm going tomorrow to get the difference! W00t! Thanks!

Does BB have a 10% off coupon for everybody or am i mistaken? If so, do I just need to register or something for it or what?

I will be picking up the 56" tv and 360 on Sunday...

I already have a 360 so I'll be selling the free one... replacing a 50" 1080i dlp tv.

How do you have a 1080i dlp TV? As I understand it DLP is a fixed pixel display meaning that it would likely be 720p. And just has the ability to display 1080i but in reality everything is scaled to 720.

Just swung by the brand new BB in south Houston (league city, tx), they had one left at the regular price (279.99) I figured I'd pick it up then go back later to get the pricematch.

Off to play Crysis at a decent FPS.

95% of new DLPs are 1080p..
5676 Samsung DLP thats on sale is 1080p.

How do you have a 1080i dlp TV? As I understand it DLP is a fixed pixel display meaning that it would likely be 720p. And just has the ability to display 1080i but in reality everything is scaled to 720.

Does BB have a 10% off coupon for everybody or am i mistaken? If so, do I just need to register or something for it or what?

Bestbuy (at least from what ive seen) only pricematches weeklong sales not any 2 or 4 day specials.

And you can either use the sale price for the card (249.99) or 12/10% off the original price ~246/252

another problem is no one has it in stock. all the best buys in my area are sold out, the guy said he wasn't sure when or if they were going to get any anytime soon.

:(

I bought 2x 8800GT's @280 -12%/10% coupons and on one I even used a few reward certs the week they were released....

Is it going to look rediculous me coming in over this for a price adjustment? I'll probably have to re-get more coupons lol.

95% of new DLPs are 1080p..
5676 Samsung DLP thats on sale is 1080p.

A lot of older ones are 720p though, and they put that they are
"compatible" with 1080i just because they'll accept 1080i and downconvert it to 720p. Which is a total scam as far as I'm concerned.

Ah, didn't think about it not being the card :)

I'd rather have 720p than 1080i just because of the interlacing.

Yeah, sigh, not in stock online and all stores near me (6) show up as not having it in stock either. It looks like you can still order it and wait, if thats worth it to you. IMO the price isn't really THAT hot so I'll just keep waiting I guess.

On another note, the egg has some 8800GT's in stock! (as of me making this post)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150254

Back