Best Buy B&M: DVDs 50% off & BOGO! + Free 300 tix

matt fury

Supreme [H]ardness
Hot ass deal going on at BB right now...They have 2disc dvd sets for $9.99, regular 21-24.99. When you ring up at the register, they are buy one get one free. And you also get a free 300 Preview disc that has a free ticket inside it. I wish I would've realized this when I was there at 10am, but I went back and picked up like 10 movies. When I got there, they were only sold out of Bullitt and Goodfellas :( :( :( , but they had lots of other ones in stock. And they're all 2+ disc SE's. There are more on the shelf than listed in the circular, too.

Movies include:

Boogie Nights
Bullitt
Goodfellas
Heat
Rebel Without a Pause
East of Eden
Casablanca
King Kong
Magnolia
Gothika
True Romance
Batman
Batman 2
Amadeus
Citizen Kane
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Se7en
V for Vendetta
Constantine
Phantom of the Opera
Mystic River
Unforgiven
My Fair Lady
and others that I'm not remembering.

If you ask me, this is hotter than the bullshit video game clearance.

ENJOY!

Just got back and this is definitely a YMMV. My BB was sold out of 2/3 of the movies listed in the sale online, and the few I did buy did not come up BOGO free. For the sold out ones they will not issue rainchecks for movies that are only listed on the website in the sale (such as Serenity). Also, not that it matters now, but they would not give me the 300 preview disc today, apparently it still counts as a DVD release and can only be put out on Tue. So maybe not scorching hot, but still a good deal on some of the special editions.

I think it's only the 2 disc sets that are BOGO. Did you try 2 of those? I'm very surprised that they wouldn't give you the 300 disc. It's clearly listed in the ad. I would've fought with them! My store had them out on the shelves, no problem.

Just got back and this is definitely a YMMV. My BB was sold out of 2/3 of the movies listed in the sale online, and the few I did buy did not come up BOGO free. For the sold out ones they will not issue rainchecks for movies that are only listed on the website in the sale (such as Serenity). Also, not that it matters now, but they would not give me the 300 preview disc today, apparently it still counts as a DVD release and can only be put out on Tue. So maybe not scorching hot, but still a good deal on some of the special editions.

I saw the 300 disk in my local BB on sunday, so your local store is probably misinformed.

I saw the 300 disk in my local BB on sunday, so your local store is probably misinformed.

Most BB store managers make up their own policy on the fly about promotions like this (the 300 DVD, I mean). I was at 2 different stores last night looking for Bullitt and one store told me the 300 discs wouldn't be available until Tuesday, while the other said they had sold out on Sunday.

Thanks to the OP.

There is a printed sign at my Best Buy that says the 300 bonus DVD is free with ANY DVD, not just the ones on sale.

I picked up Bullitt, V for Vendetta, Mystic River, Unforgiven, Heat and Goodfellas PLUS SIX FREE 300 TICKETS for a total of less than $32.

That is most definitely [H]ot.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that..the 300 dvd is free with ANY dvd. Says so right in the circular!

Thanks for the info and list of movies
I picked up Enter the Dragon, Magnolias, Boogie Nights and Sev7n
Had to go through line twice (2 DVDs at a time) to get the two 300 tix

Doesn't anyone have any verification of the BOGO part of this? My BB was sold out of most of these, so I only got one 2 disc, and another special edition, but it was 1 disc.

I bought all the SE discs, and got all the 300 tickets. Just don't bother going, to any Best Buy, anywhere. That's right, I already got them all. I'm taking all the hookers in Vegas to a free show of 300...to get myself a free show :D

^^damn, I wish I was that smart.

Awesome. I need to go to BB to pick up SupCom anyway (leftover Christmas giftcards) so I think I'll jump on this. Hard to pass up V for Vendetta for $10 and a free ticket to 300 to boot. Thanks OP!

Doesn't anyone have any verification of the BOGO part of this? My BB was sold out of most of these, so I only got one 2 disc, and another special edition, but it was 1 disc.

Yes, I bought 12 movies and only paid for 6. On 3 seperate receipts no less. i thought it was a mistake the first time, but I double-checked the receipt and saw the BOGO part. Went back in and bought 2 more as a test. It worked, so I went back one more time. I'm not posting a scan, but you can stand on me. It's only for the $9.99 2discs though.

That's funny, because the BOGO doesn't work online at all..?

My friend went to the another Vegas BB today and got the deal over there too. Picked me up Bullitt and Goodfellas.

I grabbed the 2 disc Goodfellas and 2 disc Boogie Nights. They had the 9.99 sale sticker on the display in front of them. Maybe they caught on.

Hm, interesting. Well, I have no clue why they were coming up BOGO in the first place, so I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Yep, just to put the probable final nail in the coffin on this deal.

On Tuesday I bought 3 and got 3 free (see my earlier post), on Wednesday I went to the same store with dvds from the same area and it was a no go.

Oh well, great deal while it lasted.

Back