Best Buy Offering Vista Ultimate Bill Gates Edition!

ps3guru03

Gawd
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8219545&st=8219545&type=product&id=1166236107175

- Seems to be that this limited edition of Window's Vista™ Ultimate edition is only avaliable at Best Buy retailers. It's know as Windows Vista™ Ultimate Bill Gates Signature Edition.

WTF is that? I will google this, but does anyone else know about this kind of version and what extra features it includes.

Also, if you are buying Window's Vista™ Ultimate edition, I rec. you buy it from Best Buy, but please note that there will only be a min. of 3 in every store, so hurry.

---
23223566nq9.jpg

it comes w/ an authentic Bill Gates autograph on the package.

WOW! I'll take a dozen or so right now. :D

it comes w/ an authentic Bill Gates autograph on the package.

WOW! I'll take a dozen or so right now. :D

why the hell would someone want his autograph? All everyone wants is Vista, not his signature. And plus, IM sure after someone installs vista, they'll keep the cd and throw out the box :D

and its numbered as well (they are only doing like 20,000 copies)

They are just trying to do something fun I guess for collectors out there....lots of companies do things like that with their products.

In the Best Buy print ad, they have this listed for $259 and Home Premium for $159...with no mention whatsoever of being the upgrade editions. I'm sure it's an error, but they have to honor it.

In the Best Buy print ad, they have this listed for $259 and Home Premium for $159...with no mention whatsoever of being the upgrade editions. I'm sure it's an error, but they have to honor it.

How would you get them to honor it?

just show them the ad

and since when did 'Minimum of three' mean maximum of three?:rolleyes:

The extra cash that it generates most likely goes to his charitable foundation....his charity is the largest in the world :cool:

The extra cash that it generates most likely goes to his charitable foundation....his charity is the largest in the world :cool:

not to mention it is racist, but honestly, he could donate 50billion, and it would still make him unbelievably rich, and people would consider him a saint, big deal its nothing to him. it may be alarge amount of him worth, but its still billions of dollars.

nothing personal, not does it have anything to do with what you said major, I'm just ranting :)
I thought it cost just as much as the Ultimate upgrade anyway? or is the ultimate $200?

Racist is what manner?

The media articles mention bucko bucks for aids and other diseases.

It's $150 cheaper then it should be.. Ultimate usually costs $400 retail.

Can you say "Identity Theft"? I knew that you could... Billy's sig... yeah, that'll work.

The pricing is accurate since it's the upgrade edition of Ultimate, not the full version.

that sig is going to mean a lot more after he becomes the man responsible for curing the world of aids (and if youve been paying attention, it looks like he will before he dies)

not to mention it is racist, but honestly, he could donate 50billion, and it would still make him unbelievably rich, and people would consider him a saint, big deal its nothing to him. it may be alarge amount of him worth, but its still billions of dollars.

nothing personal, not does it have anything to do with what you said major, I'm just ranting :)
I thought it cost just as much as the Ultimate upgrade anyway? or is the ultimate $200?

but then again, he could just keep it all to himself like a lot of billionaires do...instead he is doing something nice for humanity.

Also, he seems like a nice guy from the interviews and such I have seen. He is more down to earth than many annoying billionaires are that are so stuck up and sly.

Do you guys think there will be enough copies in stores to be able to go pick one up, without having to pre-order and so on?

This is for the regular retail Ultimate edition, not that crazy one.

Guy's, please don't turn this thread into a place for crapping. Thanks for all who have found this at other places. I enjoy reading your comment's users, so keep posting "on-topic" things.

Racist is what manner?

The media articles mention bucko bucks for aids and other diseases.

right. bucko bucks for aids and other diseases in FOREIGN countries (as in Africa.)

key word being "Africa". I dont want to sound racist but take that for what it's worth.

Does this have the 64-bit version or is it 32-bit only?

Retail copies are supposed to have both on disk (I guess you'll get to choose when installing?). Only the OEM copies are 32/64 specific.

right. bucko bucks for aids and other diseases in FOREIGN countries (as in Africa.)

key word being "Africa". I dont want to sound racist but take that for what it's worth.

Those diseases contrary to what you may believe, are not a big thing in America compared to there. And if they cure it over there, they can cure it here too.

Back