Best Buy sells new amd cards r9 300's

Im amazed that no one has bought one of the 390/390xs and removed the heatsink... pcb/chip reveal would get a LOT of clicks, watermark that biatch :)

Im amazed that no one has bought one of the 390/390xs and removed the heatsink... pcb/chip reveal would get a LOT of clicks, watermark that biatch :)

I think only a small amount of Best Buy stores are selling 3XX earlier than they are supposed to

otherwise we'd have seen some better information like GPU-Z screenshots

The video I linked above has a GPU-Z running.

yeah just watched it

too bad he didn't show the GPU-Z sensor tab

would give an idea on whether R9 39X is TMSC or GloFo

no idea why the guy bought a R9 39X when he already has a GTX 970

edit: realized he's also the guy that released the unboxing video. so he didn't really research and thought R9 39X was Fiji.

Why is it OK for AMD to rebrand old chips as if they are new????
Because they can! And there is no law stopping them from doing such things! Nvidia does the same sometimes. It's more because amd doesn't have the r&d right now to respin every card. They are focused more on Fiji at the top level and probably next year where they will have can finally move to a smaller node and work on next gen cards and new architecture. They are totally focused on Fiji and beyond at this point.

If it's only BB selling these cards, then perhaps it is BB who is jumping the gun.

Also is BB selling just XFX cards? If this is the case maybe all the pitchforks should be directed at XFX instead. :p

I dont think the GPU Z information is accurate. From what I know, much of the information is hard-coded or updated from a database?

Part of me (the one that still believes in Santa) wants to believe AMD had every intention of selling these at $450 - until after the 980ti dropped. At that point they realized that they should rethink these new prices and that on June 16th, they will announce prices much lower than what we are currently seeing.

If these numbers are an indication, this card has no business being over $350 USD. Not much we can do now but wait until NDA's are lifted so we can know what is what with certainty. Oh and proper drivers too.

no idea why the guy bought a R9 39X when he already has a GTX 970

He is not too bright. He called the backplate a heatsink and that these could not be put in CF since it had no bridge included.

Last edited:
Back