Best Buy Storewide No Interest for 18 Months, also on bestbuy.com

In other words, if you don't have the money for it, don't buy it :p

The trouble with electronics sales is that prices will always get cheaper. But if your teevee broke and you really want to get it replaced by a nice expensive Samsung LED then now's the time.

lol, should have put $499 in title

Well:

The usual terrible conditions apply if you breach their payment structure tho, so be sure to read the fine print.

Most places make you pay at least 3% each month, with a $15 minimum either way. So, $15 x 18 months = $270. So, anything less than $270 would have never have possibly gotten you beyond 18 months to be able to be hit with interest for the last 18 months in the event you don't pay it off within 18 months.

In another words, it should be obvious that a minimum in the ballpark of $400+ applies...

Anything worth buying at BB?

These are excellent deals for those who have the cash and need to make a purchase. If you buy $3,000 worth of appliances why not take 18 months to pay. As long as you make 1/18 of the payment every month you should meet their policy for minimum payments and will have it paid off before getting anally raped with the interest.

Of course the store knows most people will make the minimum payment and not pay off the balance in 18 months. Leaving the purchaser responsible for all of the back interest.

This deal is good for some, but if you don't have the cash or expendable monthly income then stay far, far away from 0% limited time credit cards.

nothing wrong with using credit if you are avoiding interest fees
I use my Charles Schwab 2% cashback Visa on as much as possible and then just pay it off at end of month
so far I've been making about $20/month from cashback rewards

but charging something up on a card you can live without and cant pay off in a few months is dumb

Thank God BestBuy has a handle on fixing a horrible economy and rough sales figures..........get your customer base deeper in debt! :p

Don't mean to flame. Seriously, thx for posting OP as there are MANY people out there that will jump on this deal...

why do you want to buy junk at bb? their prices suck so badly...

I won a $25 BB gift card at work, and I honestly am having trouble finding anything worth buying that isn't marked up more than $25 over what I can buy if for online...

The only thing I could find was maybe games, or an "on sale" thumbdrive...

It looks like my mx518 is going out on me, and the G5 is on sale... With the sale, I might actually save $8 by using the gift card compared to Amazon....

But yeah, I was seeing 50%+ mark-ups on stuff compared to online...

It's obviously not a good deal for every consumer. For those who want to buy a higher end TV but don't want to lay out the full cash all at once tho this could be an attractive offer. Obviously BestBuy is not competitive with most 'net retailers and you can get a much better deal IF:
- You are willing to wait for delivery
- You are willing to deal with the hassle if your set has issues, sending back to a net retailer is a major pain in the ass in these situations where a B&M is as simple as a drive on over and drop off.
- You deal with a legitimate net retailer who isnt screwing around with bait and switch.

If you miss any of the payments you are in a world of hurt tho for the charges, so only those with iron resolve to make these payments should apply. That's not how its marketed tho and many many people will likely be hosed in the end.

Outside of TVs, the only other thing I would think people should consider for this 'deal' are higher end PCs, especially the Macs. Some Best Buys carry full Mac Pros and paying one of those off over 18 months is a pretty nice way to get a top end editing station with minimal up front costs. However, if you dork up the payments you are in deep.

I won a $25 BB gift card at work, and I honestly am having trouble finding anything worth buying that isn't marked up more than $25 over what I can buy if for online...

The only thing I could find was maybe games, or an "on sale" thumbdrive...

It looks like my mx518 is going out on me, and the G5 is on sale... With the sale, I might actually save $8 by using the gift card compared to Amazon....

But yeah, I was seeing 50%+ mark-ups on stuff compared to online...

i know that the last time my wife went to BB, she went when they weren't that busy and chewed them down in price on a dell computer, she told them she could get it cheaper online. she was able to get them to drop $200 off the regular price.

Some people are just stupid. Learning how to properly use money and credit to take advantage of deals like this is a very powerful.

It takes no thought what so ever to use a great deal like this. ie avg TV = $1500/18mo = $83.34/mo.

Can I afford it at this payment is a yes or no question. If you can. Set up a recurring automatic payment in your bank account for $90 3 days after whatever payday is and never have to think about it again.

Or even better is if you can buy it now. Put the $$$ in a high return savings account like ING or something and set up recurring payments from there. At the end of 18months you'll have a nice little bonus from the interest over the 18 months. And as far as your daily account is concerned you paid it off the day you bought it.

If you're that shaky that you can't play by the rules and choose to play anyway then tough shit. You deserve to get the shaft.

Best Buy always has this deal running.

I have an HSBC card from them and all the spam I get says this.

Not Hot. At All.

Personally the only reason I am even considering this is because I have a Fry's nearby to which I can have BB actually price match for halfway decent prices. And since Frys right now seems to be blowing out the previous years models of Samsung LCD and LED TV's, it is becoming somewhat attractive.

Otherwise, one should almost never buy anything from bestbuy except the occasional sale or clearance items. They are just way to over priced on 90% of the items they have and need to go the way of the dinosaur by becoming extinct like CompUSA and Circuit City. The time of the over priced B&M catch all "electronics stores" is over.

Personally the only reason I am even considering this is because I have a Fry's nearby to which I can have BB actually price match for halfway decent prices. And since Frys right now seems to be blowing out the previous years models of Samsung LCD and LED TV's, it is becoming somewhat attractive.

Otherwise, one should almost never buy anything from bestbuy except the occasional sale or clearance items. They are just way to over priced on 90% of the items they have and need to go the way of the dinosaur by becoming extinct like CompUSA and Circuit City. The time of the over priced B&M catch all "electronics stores" is over.

I just did a quick comparison of the LED TV's on Fry's website compared to Best Buy's and the prices were nearly identical. What deals are you referring to that I'm not seeing on the website?

I'm in the market for an LED TV as well and seeing a significant price difference on an LED TV would be a refreshing change from what I'm seeing right now! No interest financing is always a welcome addition as well.

2.png

Some people are just stupid. Learning how to properly use money and credit to take advantage of deals like this is a very powerful.

It takes no thought what so ever to use a great deal like this. ie avg TV = $1500/18mo = $83.34/mo.

Can I afford it at this payment is a yes or no question. If you can. Set up a recurring automatic payment in your bank account for $90 3 days after whatever payday is and never have to think about it again.

Or even better is if you can buy it now. Put the $$$ in a high return savings account like ING or something and set up recurring payments from there. At the end of 18months you'll have a nice little bonus from the interest over the 18 months. And as far as your daily account is concerned you paid it off the day you bought it.

If you're that shaky that you can't play by the rules and choose to play anyway then tough shit. You deserve to get the shaft.

It's like you read my mind and then posted it!

Exactly, why would you go to best buy drop $1500 on a TV today when you could drop 90/month for 18 months and pay it off that way? I pick B! Not only would you save $20-30 over the long run via just sticking your money in a savings account but factor into the waning dollar versus all other currencies and it's a steal!

I just did a quick comparison of the LED TV's on Fry's website compared to Best Buy's and the prices were nearly identical. What deals are you referring to that I'm not seeing on the website?

I'm in the market for an LED TV as well and seeing a significant price difference on an LED TV would be a refreshing change from what I'm seeing right now! No interest financing is always a welcome addition as well.

2.png

their online prices aren't reflecting the in store prices. There are a few other deal websites out there that are tracking the recent and awesome samsung LCD/LED TVs that have been for sale. Most of them are instore Fry prices only.

However, BB does have one good deal on a samsung 55" A950 model for $2500 if you can find it at a store.

Back