Best cases for water cooling?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I think I may do water cooling for my next computer build and I was wondering what the best cases are for water cooling. When I buy a case, I probably wouldn't spend more than $150 on a case. I like a nice case, but i can't see spending $200+ on a pc case. I would want a case that would fit a dual 120mm fan radiator possibly in the top 5.25" bay pulling air through the top of the case. As far as a pump goes, would it be best to spend $75 or get a pump like the via aqua 1300 for like $25 and then get a relay kit for $20. As far as a whole w/c system, would $200 build a nice setup. Can you recommend any parts that will always be good or can you not say cause I wouldn't my new comp or w/c setup for about a year.

the aerocool masstige is worth looking at, plenty of room and is priced well (~$100) or if you can, get the stacker, other good options include the gigabyte aurora if you do not want to mod your case and the chieftec/chenming dragon's are winners too

Best depends entirely on your needs and preferences. I put together a system that includes a dual fan rad (BIP2), GPU and Storm CPU block, a res, plus 7/16 tubing, all inside an Anrtec Sonata without needing a single case mod. Based on your stated criteria it therefore should fall within the best category. However, you would be hard pressed to find people to suggest Sonata as a best candidate for water cooling LOL. But it met my need at the time.

Recenlty I've decided I want to install a triple rad and upgrade my pump. Sonata is good but thats a bit too much to expect LOL. Insead I bought a different mid tower with a layout better suited for a triple. Lot of people will recommend a full tower and there are a lot of models out there to choose from. Some rave about the cube cases from MountainMods and they are nice but $$'s. If you dont mind putting the rad on the outside of the case, just about any case can be a "best" candidate for water cooling.

Components change over time so I'd check things out again when you're closer to being ready to take the plunge.

i just went through this whole..."what case should i buy"
i ended up getting the stacker 810.

other options were the areocool masstige, the 3d aurora and the thermaltake armor.

although all cases were pretty nice, i ended up getting the stacker because it seemed to offer the most options for mounting, and cable managment.
I tried out the masstige first, but i like the way i had to cram my pump, res, and rad in the front.

N H O said:
the aerocool masstige is worth looking at, plenty of room and is priced well (~$100)

I will second that one! Very nice case and easy to fit one or two loops with a 120.2 radiator all while no holes required to be cut!

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

what kind of case style is that lian? i want to get a case like where everything is fliped inside.

gesicht said:
what kind of case style is that lian? i want to get a case like where everything is fliped inside.

its a v2000b ... it owns for water cooling permitting u remove the shit down the bottom like wat he did.

Back