Best cooler for Q6600/X3220?

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I haven't decided which proc I'm going to get yet, but which is the best cooler for qcore? I've never OC'ed in my life, and I'd like to try with this build...so I anticipate and OCing I do will be very conservative.

Problem is I'm moving cross country...the shipper is probably going to jostle the hell out of my tower so I'm probably going to have to go with a lightweight one (no Tuniq love for me :()

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Alternatively, you could get a Tuniq Tower or Thermalright Ultra 120 and take it off before you move. Quads (B3s at least) run hot as hell. You NEED a high end cooler if you're going to OC one.

Alternatively, you could get a Tuniq Tower or Thermalright Ultra 120 and take it off before you move. Quads (B3s at least) run hot as hell. You NEED a high end cooler if you're going to OC one.
Are those big coolers easily removable? Because I have a P180 (no removable mobo tray) and I'd just rather not OC then have to take out the mobo to put a cooler back on.

I also have P180 and 120 ultra coexisting together just fine.:cool:

Hmm, which one is the easiest to install/remove from the mobo? I've heard the Tuniq is a 2lb bear to put in.

Back