Best DVD Burner

Mith

Weaksauce
Hey all I'm looking for the best DVD burner that I can find. 16x is a must, and the price is also an issue. I'm looking to spend around 80-90 dollars. I've heard good things about pioneer and LG but thats about it. Thanks

Mith

NEC3500 or the 3520...i have the 3500 and i love it. Never tried 3520 but since its newer than the 3500...im guessing its also good.

Yea, the NEC one is awsome. Does some 8x disks at 16x... I get 8x Sony disks and they do 16x :D

LG4163B, Benq 1620, NEC3520A.. but seriously, use the search feature, this topic has been covered quite often here.

I just got a Plextor 716A drive.

Its short.
Includes multiple disk and drive diagnostics tools. (i can determine if a disk is a coster without haveing to burn it. Or once its burnt i can tell if it will be read or not. all of this takes less than 5 extra mins to check.)
Its very quiet compared to my old optical drives. When it spins up to normal read speeds it sounds like a light breeze through some trees. When it spins up to burning speeds theres a louder wind sound and very little vibration only when the motor really spins it up. Once its at speed its back to wind in trees noise.
It can automaticly verify media to run at increased speeds. I bought a cheapo pack of 5 dvd+r 4x media and every disk was rated at Very Good and burns easily at 8x. Each burnt disk has little if any errors and with the built in error logic the errors are compensated for.
Two front drive bezels are included. Beige and Black. Swaping them was a snap, literaly.
Firmware update, 1.04 Revision, Increases dvd burning speeds. Includeing Dual Layer speeds.
Comes in regular E-ide connector as well as SATA connector, not on same drive mind you but the Plextor model 716SA is the serial ATA version of the above drive.

what he said, ^^^ Plextor is THE best of the best, bar none. You do pay more for them.

I've got a nec-2510, and I havent had a single problem with it. No coasters so far, and I just finished up my first 50 pack.

Another vote for Plextor. I got the SerialATA version of that Plextor drive. No complaints so far.

Sigh.....how many times has this been asked?

Pioneer DVR-109

chalk another one up to plextor. i've been using there burners for 5 years, just got the serial ata dvd burner,and love it

i have the 3520 and its great but ive been having trouble finding any firmware for it, anyone have some links. thanks

deansfurniture5 said:
I really like my NEC 3520A--it's 16x and dual layer, and I've had no troubles with it so far.

I second that. So far I'm loving my NEC 3520A.

Here is a vote for the Pioneer DVR-109 also. It is an excellent burner and can be had for around $84 shipped. I have never had a coaster on it and has worked beautiful ever since I have had it. As an extra it also burns dual layer, of course I can't afford the discs but it is cool to be able to. :D

Haved used a Pioneer DVR108 and LG4163B. Both are great burners. Noticed that the LG is a bit quieter though. Pioneer does have the DVR109 out now but it should be just as good.

Couldn't go wrong with either choice.

Back