Best DVI Cable? Stock Vs Monster Cable

kamal007

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey are there any difference between the stock DVI cable from Dell and Monster?

apart from the price, will the picture quality be better?

Thanks

you wont notice any difference in IQ between a properly working DVI-D cable and a sell-your-child-to-afford priced Monster DVI-D cable at all. the only difference is that the Monster is "better shielded from interference" than the stock cable. its all just marketing gimmicks to steal your hard earned money. Same thing can be said about their speaker wires and av cables. unless you are dealing with very high end aka expensive home theatre stuff, none of this stuff will EVER make a difference.

you wont notice any difference in IQ between a properly working DVI-D cable and a sell-your-child-to-afford priced Monster DVI-D cable at all. the only difference is that the Monster is "better shielded from interference" than the stock cable. its all just marketing gimmicks to steal your hard earned money. Same thing can be said about their speaker wires and av cables. unless you are dealing with very high end aka expensive home theatre stuff, none of this stuff will EVER make a difference.

from headphone point of view..a pair of cable can make a huge difference..i recabled my ksc75 and the difference was huge..

but anyways thanks for the notice that for display,the notice is too small and negligible.

even with headphones you will not notice any difference unless they are high quality studio headphones like the ones AKG, Grado, Senn, ect makes. crappy ones like the sony or koss you buy from best buy wont give you any type of worthwhile improvement. in the end, it comes down to what quality of hardware you have.

but anyways thanks for the notice that for display,the notice is too small and negligible.
Better to say that, for digital signals, the difference is non-existent. It either works or doesn't. The only difference a higher quality cable could possibly make is to increase the distance the signal can travel.

lol like i said there is no difference IQ wise...just how much interference the cable can withstand ie how long the cable can be while still carrying the digital signal.

Same thing can be said about their speaker wires and av cables. unless you are dealing with very high end aka expensive home theatre stuff, none of this stuff will EVER make a difference.
For digital it doesn't make a difference...but with analog it does. For analog video connections I've seen better results with higher quality cables.

Monster cables are well made but they are a rip-off. You can get the same quality stuff at Monoprice for much less.

it all depends...say for example im using some crappy gem monitor...it wont matter how expensive the analog cable is, my IQ will still be crap lol

Back