Best fan direction for XP120?

Peach

Gawd
What direction should I have my fan placed on my XP120? I have a Panaflo M1A.

kenpomasta said:
You want it blowing toward the heatsink

Quick question, why are my temps better when I have it pulling air away from the heatsink?

lik everyone else said, blowin towards the heatsink but if u get better temps sucking away from the heatsink, then by all means keep it that way

TR state that the temp difference using the XP120 is within 1 or 2 degrees with it in either mode. I have mine blowing down at the moment.

On previous testing, having it suck away I had lower idle temps but the load temp would be higher.

You have a much better chance of getting your temps lower by blowing the air off the fins rather than sucking them off. The fans meant to blow, not really suck :p

Yes but theoretically if your air flow is geared towards better with it sucking...

I have dual panaflo inlets at the front of my lian-li pc60 and 1 inlet on the top (I reversed the fan direction) the exhausts are 1 80mm on the rear and of course through the psu. If the CPU fan is sucking, the air should be cool flowing through it, cool the fins and then go straight out the exhaust. With it blowing, logically the hot air then has to travel much further to get to the exhaust AND the exhaust and CPU fans are both blowing in different directions...

No?

Back