Best FedEx Delivery Ever: LCD Monitor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn no edit. Anyway, the worst part about this are the comments on youtube. They are actually holding it against the guy getting his monitor delivered because they assume anyone with a fence is rich. :rolleyes:

as a former ups employee, your package probably got treated the same way the entire shipping process.

If you don't want one more additional toss, don't have a closed fence with no way to leave a package at your door.

Also, and this is a pro tip, be super nice to your fed ex/ups guy, give them a gift basket for xmas, and miraculously they will stop throwing your packages and will go out of their way to be awesome, even delivering to you out of order if they really like you.

even better tip, if you can get a hold of a ups and or fedex shirt, be sure to be out doing yard work when you get a delivery while wearing it. Instantly you get much much better service from then on.

That sucks. His address is going to get flagged now and all of his packages will have to get signed for. Thats after all of his packages gets kicked in the hub and on the truck by the angry workers.

I hope he doesn't use fedex anymore.

What do you mean fedex treats boxes like crap? Except that the last time I used them (six years ago), they failed to deliver the package, and this is what it looked like when I got it back:
Fedex_damagedbox1.jpg

Fedex_damagedbox2.jpg

even better tip, if you can get a hold of a ups and or fedex shirt, be sure to be out doing yard work when you get a delivery while wearing it. Instantly you get much much better service from then on.

What happens if I am wearing the UPS shirt when the Fedex guy drives by? Or perhaps worse the USPS guy.

Also, and this is a pro tip, be super nice to your fed ex/ups guy, give them a gift basket for xmas, and miraculously they will stop throwing your packages and will go out of their way to be awesome, even delivering to you out of order if they really like you.

I'm planing on buying a gift card for the delivery guys. I'll give one to UPS and Ontrac since they come often. I rarely get a Fedex box. Actually, I'll save myself a trip to the store and just give cash. I'm super lazy :D

I agree with the "be super nice" part, as that is alway common courtesy. But having to bribe someone to do their job is simply wrong.

+1 for fire the FedEx driver!

as a former ups employee, your package probably got treated the same way the entire shipping process.

If you don't want one more additional toss, don't have a closed fence with no way to leave a package at your door.

No thanks a baseball bat to the head sounds more fitting Merry Christmas to you sir!

Lets see, it's the busiest time of year for FedEx, the drivers are normally pulling twelve hour shifts with only a minute or two for each stop. I ordered a nice new Samsung LCD and paid extra to get it to me quick. I can track it to make see where it is, so what do I do when it says "Out for delivery?" I leave my driveway gate close and locked. That took brains.
I think the FedEx guy should have left an attempted delivery note. Honestly, the reciever should have had the gate open and let the kids/wife/friend/maid/someone know a package was coming in.

Sorry, I shouldn't need to "Bribe" the guy delivering my stuff to do his job the "RIGHT WAY". This asshole needs to be fired for that. If you hate your job, too damn bad. Quit and find one you like, don't take your anger out on my stuff.

Why would I bribe someone not to do a shitty job? My stuff arrives undamaged and in good working condition, or it gets replaced.

Sorry, I shouldn't need to "Bribe" the guy delivering my stuff to do his job the "RIGHT WAY". This asshole needs to be fired for that. If you hate your job, too damn bad. Quit and find one you like, don't take your anger out on my stuff.

This^

Also, I see a dead man walkin in the video.

I don't understand why he didn't ring the doorbell or something I'm sure it is installed at the gate. Good to know the professionality of them.

I don't understand why he didn't ring the doorbell or something I'm sure it is installed at the gate. Good to know the professionality of them.

I'm pretty sure the panel is the black thing on the fence that he clearly walks past.

He didnt even put an effort to ring the bell or at least spend a minute to make sure that no one is home. Poor customer service. +1 for the baseball bat lol :D

:rolleyes: Really? go fuck yourself...I'm not obligated to give anyone a tip. You're a douche and so is any other delivery/parcel worker who thinks he's entitled to a tip or else it's justifiable to purposely destroy customer packages. You don't like your job then quit.

Wow man, did this dude fuck your girlfriend/wife/favorite blow up doll? Damn man, you can get banned for that.
--

People people people... we live in a world based on reality. In a perfect world, UPS fucktards would lovingly treat each and every package with the care of a newborn baby. I imagine some of you are horrendous tippers as you don't believe in rewarding people to do their job better for your sake. I see no problem greasing the wheels so my shit doesn't get fucked up by the delivery people.

I am going to start looking out for the guy who delivers my newegg stuff. Maybe a $25 best buy card or something. But if I ever saw one of those dudes throw my shit like that, it's gong down like donkey kong. Hopefully my positive karma towards these guys will make this situation never come up.

Lets see, it's the busiest time of year for FedEx, the drivers are normally pulling twelve hour shifts with only a minute or two for each stop. I ordered a nice new Samsung LCD and paid extra to get it to me quick. I can track it to make see where it is, so what do I do when it says "Out for delivery?" I leave my driveway gate close and locked. That took brains.
I think the FedEx guy should have left an attempted delivery note. Honestly, the reciever should have had the gate open and let the kids/wife/friend/maid/someone know a package was coming in.

Riiiight, 'cause we all know that when the website shows "Out for delivery" at 5:00am, your house is the first stop. That's as precise as the telephone/cable installer being scheduled between 8am and 4pm.

You'll note that the driver made zero attempt to see if anyone was home.
And, from the Youtube site:
The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate.

And he couldn't just leave a note, why? No excuse for that.

@Stealthy123 Next time you have someone clean malware/viruses off your computer keep this in mind when you get it back and all of your personal files you didn't back up are missing... Just sayin.

This guy was one of the worst ones though, assuming the person was being 100% honest about the situation.

Dumbest thing I've read today.

So the rule of life is to bribe each person, to make sure they like you? Really? :rolleyes:

I've had UPS pull this same thing to me, luckily it was for some Bilstein shocks and not a LCD monitor. They didn't even bother driving into the gated entrance that was open, just threw my shit over the fence so it bounced a few times and drove off.

Wow man, did this dude fuck your girlfriend/wife/favorite blow up doll? Damn man, you can get banned for that.
--

People people people... we live in a world based on reality. In a perfect world, UPS fucktards would lovingly treat each and every package with the care of a newborn baby. I imagine some of you are horrendous tippers as you don't believe in rewarding people to do their job better for your sake. I see no problem greasing the wheels so my shit doesn't get fucked up by the delivery people.

I am going to start looking out for the guy who delivers my newegg stuff. Maybe a $25 best buy card or something. But if I ever saw one of those dudes throw my shit like that, it's gong down like donkey kong. Hopefully my positive karma towards these guys will make this situation never come up.

I consider myself a great tipper...for waiters and people in the service industry that make shit to begin with. I can even agree with "greasing the wheels", but when you're all but asking for tips like the other guy was for delivery drivers, and saying 'maybe your packages won't be treated like shit' then I agree with the "go fuck yourself" sentiment.

Why did he bring it all the way over to where the camera is when he could have just tossed it over the fence by where he parked his van? I mean, he obviously didn't give two shits anyways. Unless he wanted the cover that the tree on the right provided so neighbors couldn't see. In that case, d'oh.

Or maybe the homeowner is some paranoid person who's afraid of people in general and instructed the Fedex driver via the intercom to just toss it over the fence? But that wouldn't explain why the video got put on the internet.

Uh. He never even checked the gate or tried to buzz?

I consider myself a great tipper...for waiters and people in the service industry that make shit to begin with but have EARNED the tip with great service. I can even agree with "greasing the wheels", but when you're all but asking for tips like the other guy was for delivery drivers, and saying 'maybe your packages won't be treated like shit' then I agree with the "go fuck yourself" sentiment.

edit

Dumbest thing I've read today.

So the rule of life is to bribe each person, to make sure they like you? Really? :rolleyes:

Dumbest thing, or in reality the truth. I work at UPS inside a hub and boxes are not conveyed on pillows or treated gently. So if you ship something, pack it like its gonna be dropped a few times.

the boxes are designed to absorb impacts in shipping,etc; however, this is plain old negligence by the delivery guy

Delivery drivers are paid badly, and rarely paid for a second delivery. Should blame the employers. Be civilised to the guys and you will get a better service.

My neighbour once witnessed a delivery guy throw a package of mine back into his van. He heard it bounce off of at least three sides of the vehicle. That package? Just a delicate hard disk...

Always pack your goods so it can be treated like a football in the warehouse. I remember a different hard disk arriving from a major online retailer and it had been packed in just a jiffy bag!! The disk was so badly damaged that when we installed it, the disk span so badly off centre that I could SIT on the PC case and it STILL walked across the room with the vibrations. :D

The homeowner is being attacked in the youtube comments for being "rich", and "you can afford another monitor, you rich asshole". Dont'cha love the entitlement attitude of the sub-literate cretins our failing school systems churn out? I am glad that "rich asshole" got this lazy douche fired from his job.

--

Again, this misguided mentality reeks of entitlement. I'm not obligated in any way at all to give anyone a tip for them to do their job correctly in hopes that they don't destroy my package. Their job is to deliver packages in the same condition received from the seller, not treat it like a pinata.

OR they could just treat the package like their suppose to because it's their fucking job.

No driver should think they deserve extra special treatment because they deliver shit for a living. That’s like saying you should tip your McDonalds guy so he doesn’t spit in your sandwich.

Former Driver
As a family member of a current fedex contractor NOW is the busiest time of the year and THE STATS rule everything DON'T bring anything back (100% delivery bonus $$$) and keep the wheels rolling.
6am to 8-9pm shifts guys, dogs, traffic, signature required, business pickups

It all adds up and in the end FEDEX rides on the numbers.
If he didn't put it over the fence then he would ride it around the rest of the day then wait for it to be offloaded to be picked up at the will call window.

Also, and this is a pro tip, be super nice to your fed ex/ups guy, give them a gift basket for xmas, and miraculously they will stop throwing your packages

So we should pay delivery guys extra to do the job they are already paid for and not be assholes? :rolleyes:

On a positive note, the fact that this poor behavior on the part of delivery guys is so widespread speaks very well to the quality of packaging these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back