Best Gaming Headset

LukaTCE

n00b
Hello what is best gaming headset for around 200 € with microphone or not i don't need it

I read on hardocp.com Corsair HS1 is it good ? or Astro A30/A40
Also what about new Creative Sound Blaster Arena/Sigma
Is any difference with 40mm or 50mm drivers ? ( sigma have 50mm Neodymium drivers)
Creative are now cheap coz they have -30% (26-29 this month) http://us.creative.com/local/1/seasonal/sale/welcome_20101122.asp

Sennheiser PC350 or PC360. If you have cash to spare, also consider the Beyerdynamic MMX300.

Every other headset i know is not even close to in the same league as the ones i mentioned.

EDIT: Just saw you don't need a microphone. In that case it's a no brainer! Sennheiser HD595 or 600 with a small headphone amp or Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 if you prefer more bass.

Last edited:
Sennheiser PC350 or PC360. If you have cash to spare, also consider the Beyerdynamic MMX300.

Every other headset i know is not even close to in the same league as the ones i mentioned.

EDIT: Just saw you don't need a microphone. In that case it's a no brainer! Sennheiser HD595 or 600 with a small headphone amp or Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 if you prefer more bass.

Wrong. The Razer Carcharias sound so close to the PC360s its not even funny, and they're almost 4 times cheaper than the 360s.

Go to this thread and read it. It will help you a ton.

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319813

BTW the TB HPX is better than the PC350s IMO.

I don't need to read it, i HAVE them both. If you think they sound close, then you're delusional. And Turtle Beach HPX i had as well and it's a joke compared to both, the PC350 and the PC360. The link you posted was a review done by ONE guy and i actually disagree with him with a LOT of his findinges and choices.
And by the way, the OP is talking EURO currency, so maybe look at european prices: PC360 is 135 Euros and Razers are 70 Euros.

I wasnt asking you to read it. I was asking LukaTCE to read, considering its his thread...right?

That one guy most likely used a lot more headphones than you. There more than one person in that thread that are audiopholes that agree the Carcharias sound just as good as PC360s at 1/4 of the price.

Also most people on Headfi say and agree that the PC350s suck.

And the TB HPX is a very good headset and better than the pc350s. A lot of people would agree with me too. So i think you're delusional.

Astro mixamp + zalman clip-on + any decent set of headphones

I have tried the 360's and they just are not worth the price. The wireless Creative WoW headset sounds better.

The PC360 uses the same drivers as the HD595. I've had the HD555 and now just got the 595's and let me tell you that the 360 sounds better than the HD555's i had and come close to the 595 (will not judge this before i had around 100 hours into the 595s).

I'm just going to stop arguing with you guys. There's no point even going there when i hear that TB HPX or Creative WoW headsets are considered the same quality as a Sennheiser HD595.

Have YOU tried the PC360?

yes.

But even if I didnt I wouldnt need to considering I have the HD595s which ae a little better anyway.

Also, please learn to read. I never said HPXs were better than PC360s or HD595s, I said they were better than PC350s.

I said that for the price the Razer Carcharias sound just as good as the PC360s, and they're 1/4 the price. Its so close in sound its not worth paying $250 when you can get Carcharias for $70.

Last edited:
Hak,
No offense, but you did deserve what was coming.
You quoted and replied to the poster BELOW the original poster, and then you said that "you weren't talking to him". That is just plain stupidity, and worthy of a gigantic Picard Facepalm. If you were talking to the original poster, you shouldn't have quoted Scycs. Or you should have clearly mentioned that the "read this" post was directed at the OP.

This is called common sense. Expect to get flamed when you don't exercise it.

Hello what is best gaming headset for around 200 € with microphone or not i don't need it

I read on hardocp.com Corsair HS1 is it good ? or Astro A30/A40
Also what about new Creative Sound Blaster Arena/Sigma
Is any difference with 40mm or 50mm drivers ? ( sigma have 50mm Neodymium drivers)
Creative are now cheap coz they have -30% (26-29 this month) http://us.creative.com/local/1/seasonal/sale/welcome_20101122.asp

I own the PC350's, the PC360's. Would highly recommend. They are both absolute pleasures to game with. Though I prefer the PC350's for the slightly better bass.

I'm just going to stop arguing with you guys. There's no point even going there when i hear that TB HPX or Creative WoW headsets are considered the same quality as a Sennheiser HD595.

Pretty much this man.

How comfortable are this Sennheizer PC 350/360 becouse my brother have Sennheiser RS 170 (wireless) and are not comfortable and sound suck
Also
what about Corsair HS1 or any steelseries or Creative Sound Blaster Arena/Sigma pr razer
Is realy so big difference betwen this and Sennheizer PC 350/360 becouse they are not so cheap
Also anyone know if there is 30% discount for Creative product just for us or also for others country ?
I need headset with good sounds for gaming (5.1) and they are comfortable

I own the PC350's, the PC360's. Would highly recommend. They are both absolute pleasures to game with. Though I prefer the PC350's for the slightly better bass.

Have you even used the PC350s? They are terrible, and barley have any bass at all.

And like I said, The PC360s are great, but not worth it for the price when you can get Razer Carcharias for almost 1/4 of the price ($70) and they sound just as good.

Hak,
No offense, but you did deserve what was coming.
You quoted and replied to the poster BELOW the original poster, and then you said that "you weren't talking to him". That is just plain stupidity, and worthy of a gigantic Picard Facepalm. If you were talking to the original poster, you shouldn't have quoted Scycs. Or you should have clearly mentioned that the "read this" post was directed at the OP.

This is called common sense. Expect to get flamed when you don't exercise it.

Thats not the point. The kid shouldnt be commenting on headphones that he NEVER used before. When he uses the Carcharias then he can say they suck compared to pc360s. Until then he can shut his mouth.

Thats not the point. The kid shouldnt be commenting on headphones that he NEVER used before. When he uses the Carcharias then he can say they suck compared to pc360s. Until then he can shut his mouth.

Not sure if you're NOW talking about me, but i'm 38 years old and HAVE the Razor product as well as the PC360. So please stop being so juvenile.

I agree with Falkentyne.

I do have Sennheiser PC 350 and I enjoy them. I find them very comfortable to wear, even for many hours of gaming. The microphone is also exceptionally good. I use the headset for skype and gaming. These headphones are powered with Xonar Essence ST.

It is possible that some people fail to realize that the impedance is 150 Ohms. From my experience, they sound like tin cans without a proper amp.

I agree with Falkentyne.

I do have Sennheiser PC 350 and I enjoy them. I find them very comfortable to wear, even for many hours of gaming. The microphone is also exceptionally good. I use the headset for skype and gaming. These headphones are powered with Xonar Essence ST.

It is possible that some people fail to realize that the impedance is 150 Ohms. From my experience, they sound like tin cans without a proper amp.

Ok but what are you comparing them too? What other headphone/headsets have you used?

I cant wear the PC350s for long because the earpads are leather and my ears get sweaty as shit.

I will remind you guys that personal insults not only won't fly, but are bannable offenses. You can disagree all you want, but when it gets personal, folks get infracted or banned. Your choice, completely......

opening this one back up since it was requested.

Just a reminder opinions are like assholes and elbows. Everyone has them so please refrain from person attacks like BBS stated.

Have you even used the PC350s? They are terrible, and barley have any bass at all.

And like I said, The PC360s are great, but not worth it for the price when you can get Razer Carcharias for almost 1/4 of the price ($70) and they sound just as good.

I own the 350's and 360's. Sennheiser in general is not known for it's heavy bass. The closed back gives a better bass than the open. Have YOU listened to these headsets? I have also owned the Carcharias, Pirahna and the Mega's and though a fun little headset, the Carcharia's nor any of the Razers are on the same level as the Senns in any regard.

He is asking for opinions, this is mine. Do I believe they are worth the price? If you MUST have a headset, then yes. Are the 350's and 360's better than any USB headset I have owned or listened to? Yes. (I have owned/returned or tried close to two dozen popular USB headsets minus the Corsairs and that wacky one with the straws on your head over the years). I have owned and tried all 3 of the Razer headsets. Are they better than all 3 of the Razers? Yes. Do I think any of the Razers are a good value over the Senns? No. Would I spend 220 vs 70 bucks on the 360's vs the Carcharia's respectively? Yes. Why because the sound is just that much better.

Hope this helps the original poster.

Thx for ur help but for analog headset i would need also good sound card right ? i have onboard (integrated in motherboard) and it suck so what is good sounds card ? and cheap or is better to go on USB headset/headphone

k but would it be better to get the pc360 or get the ATHAD700 and a clip-on mic?

how do the AD700's compare to the PC360? (roughly a similar price range)

I would get the AD700's without a doubt over the 360's for a buck saved and pretty damn good sound. The 360's are probably more than twice the price.

Last edited:
Thx for ur help but for analog headset i would need also good sound card right ? i have onboard (integrated in motherboard) and it suck so what is good sounds card ? and cheap or is better to go on USB headset/headphone

Yes you will need a decent soundcard. A Creative gamer can probably be found for 40-50 bucks. I would go that route.

Yes you will need a decent soundcard. A Creative gamer can probably be found for 40-50 bucks. I would go that route.

just a word of caution with the gamer. the mic sucks hardcore on it and im not the only one with this experience. you can find scattered threads and reviews that mention the same thing. i just bought the xonar dg since I only ever use headphones now and i only have a pci slot available. installing it right now

Quick question about cards with dolby headphone. is it more a feature that can be used with games or should i only be using it for movies and music? ive found that a lot of Dolby heap hone tests sound more realistic without any effects on such as dolby headphone or virtual 7.1 speakers.

best to just try it and see if you like it in games or movies. there is never a definitive answer when it comes to sound, you just have to try and see if you like it. so many people argue like crazy, as if there is a definite answer, like A+B+C and you get the sound of god or something.

on topic: if it's your first pair of decent headphones i would recommend the hd555 or ad700's, u really can't go wrong with either, later if you feel like spending more money you can try some other offerings. i don't think i have heard anyone complain when getting those as there first real set of phones.

P.S. why would anyone buy the astro mixamp for pc? just for dolby headphone? b/c xonar dg is $30 on amazon and it comes with an amp.

yea the xonar dg is pretty awesome so far. the dolby headphone is good for music but i havent tried it for games yet. when i was listening to the tests such as virtual haircut and the matchbox it sounded more realistic when i had dolby headphone off. overall the card seems better than the xtreem gamer but i haven't gotten to talk to anyone yet to see if they think the mic quality is better.

as far as comfort goes is the hd555/595 better or the AD700? right now i have the ATH-M50 which i really like for a $100 set of closed cans but they can start to hurt the top of my head after a while. plus ive heard great things about open cans with games and movies. maybe ill like dolby headphones better with an open set of cans?

also how much sound leaks into open cans? my comp can get kinda loud when plaing games because the 5870 fan...

Back