Best Gaming Keyboard and mouse

prodigee

Gawd
So what is your opinion on the best gaming keyboard and mouse. I am in need of both all brands are welcome just try to keep it under 85 for the keyboard and the same applies for the mouse

(sorry if the thread doesnt go here couldnt really think of the best place for so please bear with me thanks)

I bought a logitech mx518 and G11 combo recently...it was 105 total shipped from new egg...it felt very wrong to drop that much on 2 periphereals (my first expensive go...) but now im left wondering why i went so long without it all. I'm very happy...it may not be the total best, but I am 100% satisified with it...

I'm not sure that dumping tons more on each individually would really be worth it. the mouse is a bit more subjective depending on the shape you prefer. I tired a friends copperhead and couldnt get into it...but the 518 felt perfect.

ymmv.

good luck!

mx518 and G15 here, great combo and I do use the LCD on the keyboard quite a bit

I have a Razer Diamondback and I am very satisfied with it. Though I am thinking about getting one of the newer models that Razer has.

For a keyboard, I have a Rosewill RK600. It's flat like a laptop keyboard. That's the way I like it because my fingers can just slide across it easily. It wore down to the point where my wasd and c keys are nice and slippery. It's my opinion and I am very happy with a flat keyboard. I am now thinking of getting a Razer Lycosa as it is a Razer product (fanboyism) and it is flat, the way I like it.

Well for me I tried all the popular ones, Razer Diamondback, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G5, Logitech G15, Saitek keyboard..

I didn't like none of them, I hated the keyboard, too. Never actually used the little screen, the keyboard was way too large, and I didn't need the lighted keys because I don't look down when I type.

The mice were alright, but they got dirty real easy.

Now I rock a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and some random black colored keyboard by Microsoft as well and love it. Don't waste your money.

Only problem is that I can't D+E strafe and use one more key at the same time (I think it's some kind of a keyboard lock), which aren't affected in gaming keyboards, but it's no biggie

86drifter no offense but how do you use a flat keyboard to me it feels sooo wrong.

anyways i currently have a eclispe II and i was just wondering if there were any opinions if this is better or worse. personally i prefer quieter more mushy keyboards but that is just me is there anyone out there who has had the eclispse II and found a better keyboard. (preferablly illuminated and doesnt have to have prgramable macro keys)

is the electric blue crap on it all that bad because really thats whats keeping me from buying it.
and can someone with a g9 tell me if you can easily change the the colors (aka the leds) without modding or if there is modding involved. thanks.

im going with g5 and g11 very soon. Have loved my mx510 for the past 3-4 years though, and getting the g5 cuz itll feel about the same.

is the electric blue crap on it all that bad because really thats whats keeping me from buying it.
and can someone with a g9 tell me if you can easily change the the colors (aka the leds) without modding or if there is modding involved. thanks.
You can easily change the led colors on the g9 with the setpoint software.

I really like my Razer Tarantula keyboard and Copperhead mouse. I've used a lot of Logitech stuff in the past, and I've grown to prefer the feel and responsiveness of the Copperhead. The keyboard also feels very nice.

I really like my Razer Tarantula keyboard and Copperhead mouse. I've used a lot of Logitech stuff in the past, and I've grown to prefer the feel and responsiveness of the Copperhead. The keyboard also feels very nice.

I liked the look and feel of the tarantula, but it seemed like the key layout was very slightly "off", and I found it quite hard to type on. Might have been my imagination. Anyway I switched to the lycosa and I'm loving it.

Copperhead here too, and you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hand.

I also have the G11 and Mx518. I haven't tried anything else new so far. Need something new.

+2! I really enjoy this combo! The mouse has adjustable weights, and a nice sensitivity setup. I like the lighted keyboard and the LCD screen is SUPER useful for me. I run everything on it from vent, IM, and comp stats while gaming!

saitek eclipse keyboard with Microsoft explorer 3.0 grey mouse the old school with the fat side buttons i bought a bunch in bulk a couple years ago go through about 1 a year. (cables seems to get loose over time) No other mouse feels the same to me.

For a keyboard: http://www.daskeyboard.com <-- Expensive but uses high quality mechanical keyswitches that recover a lot faster and maintain their effectiveness almost indefinitely, when compared to even a good membrane keyboard. Now comes in a version with labelled buttons.

For a mouse, its really a personal preference thing. Logitech G5 is pretty decent, and relatively affordable. Just make sure you have a mousepad that gives moving the mouse a good feel to it. Some prefer more friction, some prefer a smoother glide.

For a keyboard: http://www.daskeyboard.com <-- Expensive but uses high quality mechanical keyswitches that recover a lot faster and maintain their effectiveness almost indefinitely, when compared to even a good membrane keyboard. Now comes in a version with labelled buttons.

For a mouse, its really a personal preference thing. Logitech G5 is pretty decent, and relatively affordable. Just make sure you have a mousepad that gives moving the mouse a good feel to it. Some prefer more friction, some prefer a smoother glide.

OMG it's $130?? I remember it used to be 79.99, which is a crazy high price even then :eek:

I only have one thing to say about my MX518's... "From my cold dead hands!"

Well, I love my Microsoft Habu Mouse. And I also love my old mouse, the microsoft Intellimouse, ver1. I love microsoft mice, lol. I'm using the habu on a glass mouse pad though. Steelseries i-2. It owns.

As for keyboard... I don't really know. I'm using a wireless Logitech S-510, but people don't like wireless for gaming. Works fine for me though.

G5 + G15

LCD on the G15 is worth it for the Ventrilo app alone. G5 is just a great mouse, I'm still using the first revision. Logitech is the best, period.

My G15 will be, in a few months, 2 years old. My forward media button kinda caved in (but still works fine) and there some paint has finally rubbed off the silver part under the left ctrl key and in between the G12 and caps lock key.

My G5 is around 3 years old and the finish is slowly starting to chip off of the top part.

I'm using the Logitech G9 and G15. The keyboard's nice but I'm still iffy about the mouse cause my old Razer Diamondback still feels more precise. I don't know if it's just because I didn't configure it properly or what but the best I could do was just turn off mouse accel in both the logitech setpoint program and windows mouse settings with the sensitivity set at 2 of 3 bars. Using an Icemat Rev.2 if that makes a difference.

IBM Model M keyboard.

This is truly the best keyboard ever made. Aside from that I'm going to say that the best combination out there right now is the Logitech G15 (revision 2) and the Logitech G9 mouse. That's what I use and I couldn't be happier with the setup.

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard and Razer DeathAdder on a Razer eXactmat.

This stuff needs some serious desktop real estate, but It is comfortable as heck for me.

Using the G5 and G15 combo. Not very satisfied with the way the G15 clicks, nor how bulky it is. Personally liked the Logitech Ultra-X I had before. Flat and felt kinda like a laptop keyboard.

Right now, I have the Logitech G5 SE & Saitek Eclipse II.

I'll eventually change the keyboard out for the Saitek Cyborg KB.

okay so to replace my Eclipse II i just ordered a G15 (rev.2 needless to say). the only reason that i am getting a new keyboard is that the spcaebar just randomly broke on me. Although the keyboard is really nice there are features that i dont like about it like the lack of macros keys and the backlight not being bright enough. As for a mouse i think that i am going to get the G9 because from what I have heard it is really nice if you use a claw grip and have pretty small hands both of which describe me. But please dont stop this thread there are alot of combos i have yet to hear about. (also can some prove to me that the G5 is better than G9 Because if so i may get that (not because of the price as that is no problem for the mouse (under 100)

I really hated the MX518 middle mouse button. It was basically unusable in games for me at least. I love my razer deathadder.

Back