Best Gaming Mouse?

I've been using my Diamondback for a little longer than a year and it has been fantastic. Only complaint is that the low profile-ness doesn't allow a very comfortable position for the 4th and 5th (pinky) fingers, but I adapted.

Logitech MX400
Probably not the best "gaming mouse" per se, but definitely a great mouse nonetheless.

Going by the numbers on esreality, the deathadder is the best mouse out. I used to own a g5 (laser) and it had major problems with negative acceleration when making fast flicks. Since I use a low sensitivity, I just couldn't use it anymore, not to mention the fact that it only had 1 side button (rev1) and the tilt wheel would mess with clicking the mouse wheel down. I liked the feel of the g5, but I got used to the deathadder and now like the feel of it and not the g5, go figure. The deathadder never skips a beat either since it uses an infrared sensor instead of laser. I've tried flinging it as fast as I can across my qck+ pad and it doesn't hitch up like my old g5. So I'm happy.

I just picked up my MX518 again because I sold the first one because I never thought I would be involved in gaming . Now I notice a huge difference compared to mx revolution . The comparison is really huge !!!

I just picked up my MX518 again because I sold the first one because I never thought I would be involved in gaming . Now I notice a huge difference compared to mx revolution . The comparison is really huge !!!
the comparison is huge? that doesnt make any sense. :confused:

Heh, interesting choice of words, but I agree. The differences between the tracking of my MX revolution and MX518 are huge....The Revolution always seems to require that little bit of extra concentration and time to get the pointer to the location I'm trying to click. Even just browsing around the desktop, the 518 inspires confidence in the reticle.... Obviously each mouse has a different purpose, but the tracking of the Revolution sucks for anything. optical ftw

The mx518 feels great, has great reaction time etc.. but I hate Logitech's setpoint software, there is not a single sensitivity setting that I liked, I must be accustomed to windows built in sensitivity switch. And the ability to change the mouse sensitivity on the fly makes sense in theory, but the mx518 has the button in the WRONG place. The page up page down button should do just that, not change sensitivity. I cant tell you how many times I got killed in Crysis and BF2 because I accidentally changed the sensitivity. Not to mention the sensitivity resets to 0 everytime you restart the machine. I HATE IT!

I bought the Razor Deathadder and the Razor Lycosa keyboard. I will let you know how they turn out.

well atheism is a actually not believing in a religion to begin with.

Not quite... atheism is having faith that god does not exist... not quite the same thing as simply not believing that he does.

An agnostic is someone that believes that it's impossible to prove that god does or does not exist.

So you can have an undecided agnostic... someone that doesn't actively believe in God's existence.

Personally I'm an agnostic who believes in God.

Anyways... back to mice... :p

I'm currently using a MS Optical Intellimouse. I like it, but I'm not a fanatic about it if that makes sense.

I'm wanting something wireless, however, I absolutely HATE those back/forward buttons as I always wind up accidently clicking them and have no need for them in the first place! So far I've found it really hard to find a high-quality optical mouse without them :(

Would anyone have any suggestions? Other than the MS wireless intellimouse... I'd at least like some choice :p

Not quite... atheism is having faith that god does not exist... not quite the same thing as simply not believing that he does.

An agnostic is someone that believes that it's impossible to prove that god does or does not exist.

So you can have an undecided agnostic... someone that doesn't actively believe in God's existence.

Personally I'm an agnostic who believes in God.

Anyways... back to mice... :p

I'm currently using a MS Optical Intellimouse. I like it, but I'm not a fanatic about it if that makes sense.

I'm wanting something wireless, however, I absolutely HATE those back/forward buttons as I always wind up accidently clicking them and have no need for them in the first place! So far I've found it really hard to find a high-quality optical mouse without them :(

Would anyone have any suggestions? Other than the MS wireless intellimouse... I'd at least like some choice :p
well he said atheism is the best religion when in fact it is not a religion at all..and that was my point. also the fact that you believe in God means that you are not agnostic.

well he said atheism is the best religion when in fact it is not a religion at all..and that was my point. also the fact that you believe in God means that you are not agnostic.

Oh, I'm very much an agnostic. I believe that it's impossible to know if god does or does not exist; despite this, I've chosen to, without any logical basis, believe that he does. All that being an agnostic means is that you believe that it is impossible to know. Doesn't place any restrictions on if you've chosen to believe.

In any case... we should continue this side discussion in PMs and let this get back to talk about mice. ;)

Oh, I'm very much an agnostic. I believe that it's impossible to know if god does or does not exist; despite this, I've chosen to, without any logical basis, believe that he does. All that being an agnostic means is that you believe that it is impossible to know. Doesn't place any restrictions on if you've chosen to believe.

In any case... we should continue this side discussion in PMs and let this get back to talk about mice. ;)
the fact that you have made the decision to "believe" means that you have made the choice to accept that there is a god. you cant "believe" in god and then at the same time say you dont know if he exists or not.

EDIT: pm sent so we can stay on topic here :eek:

I vote for the G9. I was looking to replace my G5 with either a Habu or the G9, and I'm more than satisfied with my decision to go with the G9. The quality of manufacture alone is enough to win me over. Add to that the ability to change the middle mouse scroll from click to smooth, the near infinite sensitivity (and LED color) options available, along with a cool angular aesthetic. Despite being a long-time Microsoft hardware fan, Logitech is my new favorite.

I've had a logitech MX1000 for over a year now and love it. No problems with gaming. If your serious about wired mouses, you probably cant go wrong with razor.

Deathadder arrived, it is by far superior to the mx518. It has built in memory so I can set it up with the software, then I could take the mouse to another computer and it will keep all its settings! No having to run software to control it. It feels and handles like a cloud of butter, I immediately got 44 kills 7 deaths in crysis, which is my best score to date. The buttons response feels the best of any button on any mouse I have ever used. The scroll button is nice and tight. The blue LED for the logo and scroll wheel do look awesome when it is breathing, but I turned it off because I am a minimalist and want less distractions. I have only used this mouse for 6 hours now, but man I am in love.

FYI to all those in seek of a killer mouse

I just finished using my MX518 for a couple of hours and I went back to my MX Revolution for web browsing and I could tell you guys that I like the MX518 100 times better. Much more responsive and it feels better . The only drawback is that the MX Revo has a way better wheel that lets you free scroll when you tap it . Other than that MX518>MXREVO

I have the G5 now. Its got weights to add to make it either heavy or light. (kinda pointless to me, but hey, some people like it.) I had the Mx518 and loved it, just couldnt seem to get it to work with Vista gaming. The G5 is alot like the 518 but does not have a "internet forward button" just the back button for the thumb. That kinda sucks. The G5 also has on the fly sensitivity changing. Its Wired and laser and has a tilt 3rd button/wheel. Ive never liked the feel of the Razer Mice

The released a newer version of the G5 and added the second side button. Just fyi.

The mx518 feels great, has great reaction time etc.. but I hate Logitech's setpoint software, there is not a single sensitivity setting that I liked, I must be accustomed to windows built in sensitivity switch. And the ability to change the mouse sensitivity on the fly makes sense in theory, but the mx518 has the button in the WRONG place. The page up page down button should do just that, not change sensitivity. I cant tell you how many times I got killed in Crysis and BF2 because I accidentally changed the sensitivity. Not to mention the sensitivity resets to 0 everytime you restart the machine. I HATE IT!

I bought the Razor Deathadder and the Razor Lycosa keyboard. I will let you know how they turn out.

G5 over here. I've never had a problem with the logitech software. So I dunno, might actually be your mouse. Never had a problem with the sensitivity going to zero on a restart either. My only gripe with the logitech software is they should make it universal to handle different logitech mice on the same system better. If I have the mx510 hooked up with the G5 software it conflicts and doesn't act right. The mice can't be that different so they can't use 1 software, imo.

Deathadder arrived, it is by far superior to the mx518. It has built in memory so I can set it up with the software, then I could take the mouse to another computer and it will keep all its settings! No having to run software to control it. It feels and handles like a cloud of butter, I immediately got 44 kills 7 deaths in crysis, which is my best score to date. The buttons response feels the best of any button on any mouse I have ever used. The scroll button is nice and tight. The blue LED for the logo and scroll wheel do look awesome when it is breathing, but I turned it off because I am a minimalist and want less distractions. I have only used this mouse for 6 hours now, but man I am in love.

FYI to all those in seek of a killer mouse

I got a Deathadder a few days ago and I agree with everything you posted down to turning off the ridiculous lights. :p I'm using it with an Everglide Titan and it's a wonderful combination.

I went from the MX518 to the G5 to the G9. The G9 is strange looking, but insanely comfortable and smooth to use. I love its flat surface for some reason, and the scroll wheel has a nice grip, without the "click" noise of the G5 wheel.

I still can't bring myself to buy a Razer mouse - although the Deathadder looked promising.

I went from the MX518 to the G5 to the G9. The G9 is strange looking, but insanely comfortable and smooth to use. I love its flat surface for some reason, and the scroll wheel has a nice grip, without the "click" noise of the G5 wheel.

I still can't bring myself to buy a Razer mouse - although the Deathadder looked promising.

QFT - entire post.

The G9 has to be the most comfortable mouse I've ever used, and I've used more than my nerve-damaged hands probably appreciate.

As for Razer, I tried a Copperhead and it just felt... odd. Still have it, but doubt I'll ever use it, especially with as insanely comfortable as the G9 is, how it fits right into the palm of your hand, with a perfect angle/position on all the buttons etc.

The blue LED for the logo and scroll wheel do look awesome when it is breathing, but I turned it off because I am a minimalist and want less distractions.

Considering that your hand covers the "breathing" light, does it really matter?

mx518 vs. Deathadder, Deathadder wins hands down. I own both, and still use the 518 for work. If you own a 518 and havent tried a deathadder, then you don't know do you?

The Razor Lycosa keyboard sucks. I returned it. I bought the Saitek Eclipse II instead, and it has performed well so far.

g5 and g9 still have the crap logitech laser though that flakes out when moved quickly.

It's a damn shame because the 510/518 are amazing mice, but their laser mice flake out so quickly I'd rather use a ball mouse then do a round of quake or unreal with either.

Deathadder and mx518 are hands down the best gaming mice for very fast FPS on the market. I can't comment on other PC games because FPS is all I play.

A lot of razer mice and the MS habu also have this problem

The only laser mouse I've seen that the issue isn't a complete deal breaker in is the MS sidewinder.

There's a reason razer went back to LED, laser just sucks for very fast games.

Every week a thread like this is posted and every week I just say MX518 ;D

g5 and g9 still have the crap logitech laser though that flakes out when moved quickly.

It's a damn shame because the 510/518 are amazing mice, but their laser mice flake out so quickly I'd rather use a ball mouse then do a round of quake or unreal with either.

Deathadder and mx518 are hands down the best gaming mice for very fast FPS on the market. I can't comment on other PC games because FPS is all I play.

A lot of razer mice and the MS habu also have this problem

The only laser mouse I've seen that the issue isn't a complete deal breaker in is the MS sidewinder.

There's a reason razer went back to LED, laser just sucks for very fast games.

I've never had a problem moving my G5, ever.

i had a 518 but it died on me so i bought a deathadder. i like the deathadder alot, but it felt dramatically different then the 518. The buttons are alot more sensitive(the 518s feel stiff to click compared the the dA), so is the scroll wheel (it doesn't do the little clicks when you scroll like the 518). Overall i've gotten use to the dA and now like it alot more then my 518, the only downside i feel is the overly sensitive mouse wheel.

I usually have something bound it mouse wheel ingame (default most FPS games use it to cycle through guns), so sometimes it'll basically scroll on its own which can mess you up (especially online).

=P

The G5 is well noted for having problems when moved fast at low sense (ie what the vast majority of twitch quake/ut players use), it drove me nuts. It's there, even if you can't tell due to reflexes or you're not using it in a situation where it would happen.

As someone that really only plays twitch sci-fi FPS, the problems with G5 make it a no go for me.

I have the creative fatality and I love it EXCEPT one major problem. The button click sensors or whatever they are start malfunctioning and it will click like 5 times in a row when I only intend to click once, which actually causes a lot more problems than you would imagine. Its almost not worth using at this point and I'm probably going to buy a new mouse this weekend,

Another vote for the G9 here. I just upgraded today from my beloved G5. My sister was desperate for a new mouse so I just gave her my G5 as a Christmas gift.

Anyways, I didn't think the G5 could really be improved upon that much, but the G9 has proven me wrong.

I don't know if it's "the best" amongst all, but it certainly is "the best" as far as I'm personally concerned. You'd be hard pressed to show me a better mouse than the G9.

YMMV

Same here.

Revision 2 G5 here. Upgraded from an MX400 and it's superior to any other mouse I've tried.

Also had a DeathAdder, and an MX500, but got to give the nod to the G5 Rev. 2

The G5 is well noted for having problems when moved fast at low sense (ie what the vast majority of twitch quake/ut players use), it drove me nuts. It's there, even if you can't tell due to reflexes or you're not using it in a situation where it would happen.

As someone that really only plays twitch sci-fi FPS, the problems with G5 make it a no go for me.

I didn't realize there was some super-special configuration needed. I don't follow the pro-gaming stuff so I don't see what the point in using a low sensitivity are.

Back