Best HD 50+ tv ?

invalid_

Limp Gawd
Next month I am getting a new tv. I am going crazy with tryign to get a good tv. Any recommendations?

LVM-42w2

if your gonna go 50+ get a projector maybe

plus they say with HD that you want to sit closer to the screen than a normal tv to see the detail

you might be able to find a bigger rear projection or an lcd projector tv for less money

last week on cranky geeks they had on a very interesting group of people on discussing hdtv and name dropping products every second in a frenzy. one of the best podcasts ive seen in general tech knowledge

def. go check that podcast out, cranky geeks, one of the last two ep, think it was the 4/28 or 4/30 one

http://crankygeeks.com/blogs/crankygeeks/default.aspx

u want episode 7

dude cranky geeks is the shiznit thanks for the link

sory this is off topic

Buying an HDTV is impossible. I've been looking for months. There are SO many things that pop left and right. Here's how it has gone for me...
1. I know nothing about HDTVs
2. I learn some stuff and have an idea of what I want
3. I realize I really know nothing and need to research more
4. I feel prepared and think I know a lot
5. I realize that it always goes deeper and feel lost again
6. I'm still crying lol

Read this, it was a real eye opener for me... http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages_b/reality.html

Then read this to get some perspective... http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages_b/masses_have_spoken.html

And one thing... most 1080p TVs can NOT accept a 1080p signal... I mean wtf?

Keetha said:
And one thing... most 1080p TVs can NOT accept a 1080p signal... I mean wtf?

I agree, a 1080p set should accept 1080p signal. It seems like all the new models for 1080p will be able to accept 1080p signal so this will be okay.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to buy a HDTV, the problem is that there are so many technologies out there (and new ones coming out) and everything is changing so fast.... But I would start at what your HDTV room is going to reside in.... If it is small, then consider a flat panel (LCD/Plasma), if you have a big room and want a theater like experience, then maybe a front projector. In between, there are Rear Projection TVs (what I have). After that, you can start to narrow down the technology (LCD vs Plasma, DLP vs LCD vs LCOS, etc) and then to brand. It is a complicated mess though.

I have a sony 60" SXRD and love it so far. Of course.. it helps getting emp. discount from bby on it.

You've forgot the #1 peice of info that might help us make some suggestions:

1) Budget.

My family just invested in a 50" Samsung in HD with a Bose 3-2-1 surround system/DVD player. We also invested in all the new Monster cables for best picture and sound. I have to sa, it is an amazing TV. Plus, it had DVI and Analog inputs for a PC. It has 3 HD inputs, 2 AVI inputs, and DVI input, and an analog input. You can easily switch through all three if you are going to be using the TV for more than just TV.

What the guy said in the second post about the detail from close up is, in my opinion, BS. My couch is set about 15-20 feet from the TV and it looks beautiful. Unlike most Flat panel TV's, the blacks actually look like true black, not lit up grey.

If you aren't going to get a surround system, the sound directly out of the TV is also very good. Also, don't skimp on the cables. Buy the expensive Monster cables, they will last forever and come with, I think, a lifetime warantee.

I'll get you the model number and the link when I get home from work.

Enjoy your $120 dollar cables.
Personally I'll stick to bluejeanscable. Cheaper, just as good, and they don't sue anyone with "monster" in their company name.

Back